to hate it when MNers dredge up other threads?

(67 Posts)
FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 21:12:53

Ok dpi the mooncup incident is gonna haunt me for some time but I find that kind of amusing. But when I ask for advice on buying DP shoes and get told not to bother he's a douchebag, I just wish sometimes, just sometimes, that people wouldn't dredge up other stuff and just stick to the topic at hand!

FlojoHoHoHo Mon 10-Dec-12 17:55:22

Ah, Hope That Helps!
When someone mentions royality and trolling, I was thinking it meant Her Trolling Highness blush

AlienRefucksLooksLikeSnow Mon 10-Dec-12 07:46:54

Oh OP all youv've gained by this thread is pointing out to everyone tyou have other threads going, in which your DP is a cunt, so get what ever shoes you want, but don't expect people to not have a brain, or think for themselves 'this is a bit weird' if you truly don't want to be recognised, name change! HTH (hope that helps!)

bradyismyfavouritewiseman Mon 10-Dec-12 07:35:58

Sometimes is relevant. Sometimes its not.

I have no idea about a shoes thread. But if he asked for shoes get him the ones he wants?

People may have felt it was relevant as on Sunday you thought he was a cunt and was dumping him.

pigletmania Mon 10-Dec-12 07:30:27

Cunt not cut grin

pigletmania Mon 10-Dec-12 07:29:52

Well don't moan on here about it, you made your decision to stay with a cut. You can name change just for a thread than change back that's what some people do

OHforDUCKScake Mon 10-Dec-12 07:24:25

This is why I name change whenever Im in a pickle that I need help with. I love MN and their advice to me has been priceless, but I dont want it under my regular name for ever reason you have stated.

scarletforyaOfficialXmasGRINCH Mon 10-Dec-12 00:33:28

Sounds like a storm in a mooncup! grin

<gets coat> blush

usualsocksprezzie Sun 09-Dec-12 23:28:45

Depends who did the FB recommending really grin

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Sun 09-Dec-12 23:27:58

popular or "attention seeking ? grin

usualsocksprezzie Sun 09-Dec-12 23:17:39

You made FB Flo, so you must be popular smile

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:56:07

Anyfucker grin

TheReturnOfBridezilla Sun 09-Dec-12 22:51:59

Which thread is it? It's kind of the best friend analogy someone mentioned upthread. People are only pointing it out because they care.

TwoHats Sun 09-Dec-12 22:50:57

I've not read any of the other threads but thanks to this thread I know you're buying shoes for an arse. I'm very glad to be up to speed with the whole situation. smile

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Sun 09-Dec-12 22:50:30

Buy yourself some shoes

Some "fuck off cunt" shoes

That'll sort out all your issues

ArtexTheHallWithBoughsOfMonkey Sun 09-Dec-12 22:50:22

That's because your Mooncup and cuntman woes are obviously distracting you from the important things in life flojo grin

TheCortanaThatStoleChristmas Sun 09-Dec-12 22:48:55

Fine ok, buy him the shoes. Ignore the warning signs that neither of you are happy, don't address your self esteem issues before entering a relationship (I looked at the other active thread in AIBU). I do hope you find happiness in whatever form it comes to you. But I will be hiding this and the other one.

SinisterBuggyMonth Sun 09-Dec-12 22:48:06

I've no problem with threads about threads.

However I do think that is off, and totally irrelivent, your dp could be a cunt one day and lovely the next

So yanbu

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:43:05

grin

maddening Sun 09-Dec-12 22:39:08

Re a good Xmas present - what about tickets to a music or comedy gig that he would like - go for a meal then on to the gig smile

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:38:00

Artex I don't know most of them!

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:36:53

Wind people up? No it was a genuine thread. In RL if someone told me they were having problems in their relationship and I thought they should leave the bastard, I might tell her that, but I wouldn't announced it in front of everyone when she then said he'd done something nice. Even if other people invested time, I wouldn't suddenly say actually he's a numpty.

ArtexTheHallWithBoughsOfMonkey Sun 09-Dec-12 22:34:13

Yeah but everyone remembers mitm&& and the one who was a gypsy, and the I'm just a lonely little orphan girl having a wank one. Or they remember people with threads they like, like the pom bear woman or honey immacing the baby or sarahs's crow, or people with threads that stay with them because they're bizarre or upsetting or whatever. Being remembered isn't a bad thing.

TheCortanaThatStoleChristmas Sun 09-Dec-12 22:32:18

I think this thread was an attempt to wind people up so I'd go with the latter of Artex suggestions. Again, my first point. If you have a problem on a thread, bring it up there. This is the equivalent of talking behind people's backs.

Someone noticing on a thread that you have two active threads that seem contradictory isn't bad etiquette. It's at attempt to protect those who may give a lot to you emotionally as they try to help and perhaps a nudge towards that they shouldn't bother.

SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus Sun 09-Dec-12 22:30:40

That is what a troll is.

I don't agree with Artex though, that would mean most of MN are trolls or royalty.

Some are just loons who should NC.

FlojoHoHoHo Sun 09-Dec-12 22:28:51

I thought a troll was someone who made up lies? Or wasn't being themselves. Or deliberately wound people up or something?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now