Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Too much time in playpen for toddler?

(722 Posts)
lexiss Sun 25-Nov-12 11:25:11

This morning DS 17 months woke up at 6am. I got up bf him and put him in the playpen. It is one of those extra large, hexagonal playpens.

Around 6.15 I gave him some water and changed his nappy. Then I went back to bed after making sure the playpen had only safe toys and the baby monitor was plugged in.

I fell asleep and woke up at 8.30. I went out to see DS and he was happily playing with this toys. He is very into small manipulative puzzles, shape boxes, stacking cups etc at the moment and he was busy playing with these.

He had been in the playpen for nearly 2.5 hours! Is this too long? Is there a problem that he plays happliy for this length of time by himself?

Most days I have a nap during the day for an hour or so and DS spends this time in the playpen but I have never left him for 2.5 hours before.

What do you think about this?

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Nov-12 21:26:55

ooh look a link to our talk guidelines

MrsDeVere Wed 28-Nov-12 21:30:58

You do realise I was joking don't you TSC.
It wasn't a dig.

RabbitsMakeGOLDBaubles Wed 28-Nov-12 21:34:24

So this thread isn't actually about what it was about before now right? I can't find the bit where it changed. sad

Hope the OP is alright though. x

nat242 Wed 28-Nov-12 21:40:34

Only put DD in for short periods while made tea etc. By 18 months she could climb out of it!

TheSecondComing Wed 28-Nov-12 21:48:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsDeVere Wed 28-Nov-12 21:50:21

Oh phew.

And Nah, i don't reckon those guidelines were for you at all....

TheSecondComing Wed 28-Nov-12 22:00:41

Goldenbear Wed 28-Nov-12 22:03:47

Choola, you omitted a lot of the paragraph preceding that sentence. As you can see you were using the 'i' in comparison with myself who you are suggesting went Batshit crazy. The full quote is below:

'the reason I'm not in the middle of your massive drama despite using the word neglectful isn't because I didn't come back - it's because I didn't go batshit crazy when someone disagreed with me.'

TheSecondComing Wed 28-Nov-12 22:09:01

Goldenbear Wed 28-Nov-12 22:12:16

Thanks for the offer but I don't like camping and I'm on a diet.....no seriously- it's the principle!

Goldenbear Wed 28-Nov-12 22:13:18

Sorry should be an exclamation after that - I'm not shouting.

Goldenbear Wed 28-Nov-12 22:14:17

Should not be. Rather than 'should be'.

TheSecondComing Wed 28-Nov-12 22:21:53

MrsDeVere Wed 28-Nov-12 22:22:17

Ok. I don't know you so its not like I don't like you or anything.

We don't agree and we wont. I think we are very different people.

But this is the internet. Its not real life and this thread is really not important.

So let just forget about it shall we? Its all a bit pointless. smile

TheSecondComing Wed 28-Nov-12 22:32:39

ChippingInLovesAutumn Thu 29-Nov-12 00:52:27

winewinewinewinewinewine

TSC I like the diplomatic approach.

I shall back away from the thread. I won't say another word about hypocrisy or anything like that golden

<hides thread>

Welcome back TSC.

KateUnrulyBush Thu 29-Nov-12 07:09:46

TSC is that you?

MNHQ where has TSC been for six months and what have you done to her? She's gone a bit lentil-weavy...

<Gets paranoid>

<Has visions of HQ in style of Orwellian Big Brother hoiking norty posters off to boot camp for thought readjustment>

<Or perhaps just Olivia and a Kumbayah CD>

Anyway, welcome back dude grin

And Op, a 17 month old who will play happily for 2.5 hours?? - half your luck!

TheSecondComing Thu 29-Nov-12 08:12:38

ChippingInLovesAutumn Thu 29-Nov-12 11:48:51

TSC - Clearly!! feel free to PM me so I can further froth at the injustice

TheSecondComing Thu 29-Nov-12 12:01:00

ChippingInLovesAutumn Thu 29-Nov-12 13:23:08

Of course you are smile

Sorry, but my sides hurt now grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now