To think you can still eat food with salt in it after a c-section?

(82 Posts)
Fakebook Fri 23-Nov-12 21:02:22

Prepared to be told I'm wrong. So, is food with salt allowed after a c-section? Assuming there are no hypertension problems or other problems.

Loislane78 Fri 23-Nov-12 21:15:39

she'll barely be eating anything next time you see her given there's trace salt in practically everything!

Fakebook Fri 23-Nov-12 21:17:43

DH is about to eat it now. He says it tastes fine. This is one more long run of shitty things she's done to me.

EugenesAxe Fri 23-Nov-12 21:20:13

I had my nose pierced about two days before I went to the Dead Sea. Neatest and best healed hole in my body ever.

I had stitches (2nd degree tear) and I doused it in saline solution everytime I went to the loo. Healed fine.

Not liking your food... indifferent. Thinking you are stupid enough to buy her excuse... hostile all the way. I think your DH should lay off the criticism really.

IAmLouisWalsh Fri 23-Nov-12 21:20:28

Fucking hell. Send her some laxative chocolate, the ungrateful cow.

ledkr Fri 23-Nov-12 21:20:55

Just don't bother. My sil is the same. I've tried but no more.

I had a CS and hypertension and I ate salt so there SIL.

Oblomov Fri 23-Nov-12 21:21:44

She is an ungrateful nutter.

Loislane78 Fri 23-Nov-12 21:22:03

Well, she might not have eaten your soup but you made a v nice gesture and at least you're not stoopid enough to come up with what has to be the most ridiculous excuse I've heard for a while.

Pickles77 Fri 23-Nov-12 21:23:35

Just think of her enjoying her yummy hospital food fakebook wink

Posterofapombear Fri 23-Nov-12 21:24:57

She is in for a bland couple of weeks them because you are going to have to tell everyone that she can't have salt and remind them frequently aren't you? For her own good too wink

Mrsjay Fri 23-Nov-12 21:26:28

Oh wait Does salt bloat you maybe she has been told that I remember reading something somewhere about salt bloating you after an operation honestly but I wish i could remember the exact details

Fakebook Fri 23-Nov-12 21:27:37

What pisses me off even more is that my brother is that stupid too.

Fakebook Fri 23-Nov-12 21:29:27

Mrs jay if that's true, then I'll take back all my rude comments on this thread.

What a weird bitch.

Fakebook ill be your sil, I've had 2 sections and having a 3rd in 3 wks and I've never been told to avoid salt, that would have ruined my home coming kebab after ds! Haha.

Keep the arnica, it really did do wonders after my 2nd section, she doesn't deserve the amazingness of It, or your kindness.

Lougle Fri 23-Nov-12 21:31:03

She may have been told to limit her salt intake to reduce/prevent oedema.

Fakebook Fri 23-Nov-12 21:41:44

Thank You stateofconfusion. I don't think she deserves my kindness either.

Ligule, if my brother had said it was for oedema I would have understood. He pointed to his stomach and said the doctors say it will infect her cut.

boomting Fri 23-Nov-12 21:42:57

C-Sections are fundamentally just abdominal surgery. I have had surgery before, dad has recently had abdominal surgery . . . and no one has ever mentioned anything about salt to us.

Anyway, people use a salt & water solution, dabbed directly on, to prevent infection and promote the healing of new piercings.

Someone's spinning BS.

VikingLady Fri 23-Nov-12 22:03:23

If she is as bad as she sounds, why did you send her the baby clothes?! She could whistle foe help from me, with that attitude grin

GrumpyCynicalBastard Fri 23-Nov-12 22:06:25

It's piffle. I've recently had abdominal surgery and as soon as I was able I scoffed down a huge smoked salmon sandwich with some lovely salty crisps. I remain in rude good health!

ratspeaker Fri 23-Nov-12 22:08:12

Bacteria and other pathogens cause wound infections.
Not salt ingested in food, which would be filtered out by the body.
If it was because she had high BP, oedema, felt squeamish that's another story.

Maybe the pain relief drugs have made her confused

Fakebook Fri 23-Nov-12 22:09:15

Because she had asked me for them. Then she told my sister to tell me to give them to her. It's like I'm not allowed to have any more children and hers is the last so I must give her all of ds's clothes.

CaliforniaLeaving Fri 23-Nov-12 22:12:47

She was supposed to eat the Chicken soup not pour it on her wound right? Maybe your Brother forgot to tell her that part.
I'd just ignore her, she's a silly beggar.

Fakebook Fri 23-Nov-12 22:12:56

Ratspeaker, I wish you were right. I just remembered what she did to my sister and me when her dd2 was born. We went around their house and cooked food for her and dbrother and she sent it back down (was bed ridden for some reason) saying she didn't want to eat it. Can't believe I forgot that. She's just a bitch.

Sneepy Fri 23-Nov-12 22:16:16

She's sending you a message: don't ever try to help. My mad SIL sent it to me many times before it clicked. It's like she doesn't want you to be kind because she doesn't want to have to think well of you. Sorry, sucks to have an SIL like this but try not to let her get under your skin.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Fri 23-Nov-12 22:19:44

You don't have to do what she says you know. There's no way I'd have given her DS's clothes with an attitude like that, no way.

To be honest, if I was your DH I'd probably be fed up of it all by now too.

Stop trying with her, she doesn't deserve it and neither does your brother.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now