To use DHs toothbrush

(40 Posts)
DuddlePuck Sun 18-Nov-12 11:26:26

And not tell him. Hes a bit funny about it, but I dropped mine down the loo last night and my mouth feels too ick to go to the shops and get a new one without a quick brush first.

Have to admit to nearly posting last night asking if IWBU to just fish mine out and use it anyway...

ClippedPhoenix Sun 18-Nov-12 17:12:47

Boak, you dirty buggers! No, never.

Used ex's to clean the loo once though grin

That is really grim, carabos, you might as well re-use loo roll.

bedmonster Sun 18-Nov-12 17:08:41

carabos shock

That makes my stomach turn!!!!! grin

carabos Sun 18-Nov-12 16:36:22

Oo-er! We don't have personal toothbrushes! I buy a pack of Tesco own brand of four for 80p or whatever they are every couple of weeks, shove them into the glass and you just use the first one that comes to hand. No one died yet but clearly it's only a matter of time grin.

Softly: I know the daily mail says everything will kill you but this seems to back up what you said:
www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-388236/Danger-humble-toothbrush.html

getagoldtoof Sun 18-Nov-12 14:16:03

i interchange mine with dh, but wouldn't dream of doing so with anyone else. we don't have set 'sides' of the bed either. we eat food off each other's plates. we share socks. we're quite disgusting, actually.

Trills Sun 18-Nov-12 14:15:22

DH pointed out that I would probably get more "germs" from having his cock in my mouth

That.

Softlysoftly Sun 18-Nov-12 14:09:06

You can die from sharing toothbrushes. shock

There was a thread a while ago and you get hepatitis and die, or something, there was a convincing NHS link, honest!

Tis true!

TidyDancer Sun 18-Nov-12 14:02:31

Ew no, I would not want to share a toothbrush. YABU. Glad you found a way around it!

McChristmasPants2012 Sun 18-Nov-12 13:30:24

This thread has bought a smile to my face, before moving in with DH staying over his flat was always last minute. I always joked that once I bought my tooth brush over it meant I was ready to move in. I had forgot this until this thread

shinyblackgrape Sun 18-Nov-12 13:21:27

Right - I'm back. Via a mouthful of screws he has agreed with More and kiss - but asked me to point out that he is only talking about very occasional sharing and mix up between 2 adults in an er "intimate relationship" Also, toothpaste has some anti bacterial protection too.

kiss - funnily enough he is strange re the poo particles thing too. When we moved in, I put the tooth brushes on the sink which was nearish the loo and he moved them in to a cupboard where they still live so they didn't get contaminated by loo water - yuck.

MoreBeta Sun 18-Nov-12 12:44:54

shiny - not that lecture but a lecture just like it.

I did a biochemistry degree and growing vile bacteria was what we did for our course work every week. grin

FundusCrispyPancake Sun 18-Nov-12 12:36:52

Ha!

My DH often forgets which toothbrush is his and uses mine.

I use his beard trimmer to do my bush.

Fair's fair!

I am pretty anal though, I won't leave my toothbrush in the bathroom because of poo aerosol from the toilet.

shinyblackgrape Sun 18-Nov-12 12:33:09

morebeta - were you at that lecture too?!

He's currently in the middle of constructing a complicated piece of furniture - but rest assured. I shall be hiding my toothbrush and sticking this thread under his nose!

shinyblackgrape Sun 18-Nov-12 12:31:25

Right - I've just been a bit sick in my mouth. Will be asking DH if he had that lecture at Liverpool uni grin. Did she mention cocks?!

But as I said up thread - he doesn't advocate constant tooth brush sharing. I think was just making a point regarding an odd mix up. We definitely do not share a toothbrush. With each other or dogs!!

FobblyWoof Sun 18-Nov-12 12:28:48

Good idea about getting two new ones. I'm another one who absolutely hates the idea of someone else using my toothbrush. It's just wrong. But I understand why you feel the need

MoreBeta Sun 18-Nov-12 12:28:48

Erm.... you do know that your husbands mouth actually has more bacteria in/on it than any other part of his body or indeed your toilet?

That is a true fact that.

McChristmasPants2012 Sun 18-Nov-12 12:28:47

Just buy him a new one when you get yours

DuddlePuck Sun 18-Nov-12 12:28:31

Shiny clean, guilt free teeth grin though my head is still buzzing wierdly.

Did vibrate the first blob of toothpaste down the plughole by turning it on beofre putting it in my mouth though...

because your mouth harbours more bacteria than your arse. I'll never forget a tutor at dental school making this point and cracking a joke about humans kissing the wrong orifice. She was very straight laced and the last person you'd expect that comment from.

shinyblackgrape Sun 18-Nov-12 12:25:46

Ps - we don't share one toothbrush but I'm sure they have occasionally got mixed up. That is what he is referring too rather than us having one brush between us

shinyblackgrape Sun 18-Nov-12 12:24:02

My God - really?! Please tell me why - genuinely.

I have completely believed DH re the cock analogy and will actually vomit if yiu tell me differently - as well as chucking my brush head out

That's interesting shiny: I'm a dentist too and I'd rather lick DP's bumhole than use his toothbrush.

shinyblackgrape Sun 18-Nov-12 12:13:17

Totally agree with otter - electric toothbrushes are ace. So that's good yiu can just have a head of your own. Snurk re the bj/suffocation issue! Interestingly, DH was keen to play down any germ issue there too much in case it out me off!

The dog toothbrush sharing only came out when the patient was discussing the pros and cons of changing to an electric one and asked DH if it woukd be ok to use on the dog - as they shared shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now