Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Just sobbed during CBeebies

(59 Posts)
wonderstuff Fri 16-Nov-12 16:43:02

I really need to get a grip don't I? The singing was so nice.

FobblyWoof Sat 17-Nov-12 15:40:13

bought the stickman

PrincessSymbian Sat 17-Nov-12 15:47:29

I used to read Michael Rosens poems about Eddie as a little boy when I was a child, so I was gutted when I found out he had died and I got the book but I have to limit how often I read it because it can have me wailing for hours. Holding back tears at the moment. And the post about baby Sam...
Think I need to go and watch some eddie izzard Lego on YouTube!

Yes FobblyWoof, you might be best to read it now, so you're prepared when you read it at Christmas! Tis lovely though, my favourite of the Gruffalo series.

CatchTheFox Sat 17-Nov-12 16:59:52

i cried when spock died in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan and I haven't cried since. Get a grip all of you!

gallifrey Sat 17-Nov-12 19:28:28

There are even a few books that get me choked up when I read them to dd, there is one about a tree that gets me every time!
I'm normally not the sort of person that cries easily either.

EugenesAxe Sat 17-Nov-12 20:51:33

Eddie died?? I'm going to have to Google now... that is so upsetting. I loved those poems about all his little quirks sad

Fobblywoof - you might be OK. I cry at a lot of books but generally get through Stick Man without a major breakdown.

PrincessSymbian Sat 17-Nov-12 21:17:45

Yes, Eugenes, Eddie died. My mum told me when we were in the middle of a meal at a wedding, which was a bit 'thanks for that mum'.
He was around eighteen or so and caught meningitis. It's what Michael Rosens 'sad book' is about. Oh god, starting to well up again!

oldsilver Sat 17-Nov-12 21:29:30

The "new" Spring Song does it for me - the that starts with them all running out from behind the tree. But that's only because DS is in it and I feel terribly proud and a little awed seeing my not so now little boy on the telly smile

They ran it again this year and when I caught it, it was just like the first time - blubbed all over the place smile

StabbyMacStabby Sat 17-Nov-12 21:34:57

I didn't watch CBeebies when I was pregnant, I stuck to safe things like Homes Under The Hammer. When I started watching it after DS was born I discovered I'd turned into a quivering wreck who sobbed at everything on it, including ITNG. Now I know about the children's funerals... <broken>

I also cried a lot bit seeing the lovely little boy with Down's Syndrome on the Marks & Spencer advert. Such a darling

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now