Aibu to think men never truly Grow Up?!!!

(129 Posts)

Having a dh that must have what HE wants, when HE wants and if HE doesn't get it he stomps his feets & sulks for days!!!
HE has to have the latest game/console/chair etc, etc even before i have finished my christmas shopping and then today he's told me HE expects a £300 gaming chair if he gets a job!!-WTAF is wrong with his self entitled arse?
Apparently i have welshed on 'OUR' deal as i said he could have it 'ages' ago apparently-(not realising he meant a £300 one, i thought he meant a cheapo one)!
So he is basing his enthusiasium on maybe getting a job for a fucking gaming chair.
Aibu to think he should grow the fuck up?, especially as it will be a mw job and we won't be able to afford it?

paulrn Fri 16-Nov-12 14:27:24

iWeb do grow up eventually, we'll mostly I have finally understood the difference between being childish and the occasional endearing childlike

DontmindifIdo Fri 16-Nov-12 15:01:35

Check out the financial situation if you throw him out. Then do it.

Thing is with these sweeping generalisations, is while the OP might agree that not all men are big children, a lot of woman think that a large enough percentage are so they have to put up with this sort of shit. OP, your DH is in the minority. You can execpt adult behaviour from an adult male as well as from an adult female. Do'nt bother with ones that need you to be the 'grown up'.

TiggyD Fri 16-Nov-12 16:41:43

Men are fandabbydozy!

Apart from some, such as the OPs. Get rid of him, or hope that a passing millionaire will suddenly need the services of a great video gamer and offer him loads of money for his gaming skills.

Fairenuff Fri 16-Nov-12 19:55:25

I think that's it really MORCAP. Kindness. Thoughtful actions. Showing that you actually want to be with each other through what you say and do. It becomes so ingrained in daily life that it's no effort at all really, just to do something nice for someone else.

I think it helps if you look at it this way. Are you only excusing his behaviour because he is male? If so, that is something that has been doctrined into you probably all your life. If a woman behaved like this to her husband would it seem worse, inexcusable?

Girls are often trained, by observing their parents relationship, to believe that men need 'mothering' by their wives. Boys are trained to think the same. I have a colleague who has been married for 25 years and her dh has never, ever cooked a single meal. If she is not around he eats out or gets takeaway.

This is acceptable to her. It would not be acceptable to me. I would resent doing all the cooking for the family every day, without any of them ever cooking for me. So it's up to each individual to decide what is acceptable to them and what isn't.

Hope you're ok and not too overwhelmed by all the responses. There is a lot of help and good advice here if you ask for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now