Aibu to think men never truly Grow Up?!!!

(129 Posts)

Having a dh that must have what HE wants, when HE wants and if HE doesn't get it he stomps his feets & sulks for days!!!
HE has to have the latest game/console/chair etc, etc even before i have finished my christmas shopping and then today he's told me HE expects a £300 gaming chair if he gets a job!!-WTAF is wrong with his self entitled arse?
Apparently i have welshed on 'OUR' deal as i said he could have it 'ages' ago apparently-(not realising he meant a £300 one, i thought he meant a cheapo one)!
So he is basing his enthusiasium on maybe getting a job for a fucking gaming chair.
Aibu to think he should grow the fuck up?, especially as it will be a mw job and we won't be able to afford it?

........well he has woke up after not bothering to come to bed hugged me, then contiued to go on about how i 'promised' to buy it!sad

Cba with this crap anymore, told him to go to bed whilst i get dc ready for school as don't need his childishness at this point in time.

I have to face facts that he will never change, the universe will always relove around himsad
I just hope he turns up to the jobcentre today or our bills won't be paid, lets hope he is atleast grown up enough to not stoop so low.

ThePerfectFather Fri 16-Nov-12 08:54:18

Can I roll my eyes at the blatant sexism in this thread or would that be considered childish?

AnyFucker Fri 16-Nov-12 09:14:16

Go right ahead, TPF, I agree with you,

Noren Fri 16-Nov-12 09:15:24

Think you're picking the wrong men.

ihavenofuckingclue Fri 16-Nov-12 09:19:44

OP your dh is a spolit selfish twat. Not all dhs are like that.

doesn't mean all men are.
TPF please di. Would love someone to join me.

MoreBeta Fri 16-Nov-12 09:22:46

Its true. Some men never grow up. They are very annoying to be around - even to other men.

Having a tantrum and a sulk over a gaming chair!!!? hmm

diddl Fri 16-Nov-12 09:32:18

TPF-that´s fine. Just don´t stamp your feetwink

Narked Fri 16-Nov-12 09:39:26

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this at such an awful time for you.

It's not men generally though, as I think you know. It's him.

I said upthread that i realise not all men are like this, just having a hard time and needed a rant.
I'm sorry if the thread title upset anyone.

Trills Fri 16-Nov-12 09:44:09

YABU to think "men never truly grow up" unless you agree that the same is true of women.

Why not post in Relationships for advice, rather than making sweeping generalisations about half of the human race?

Does it make you feel better to think that all men are like this, because then your relationship is normal? Well sorry, they aren't, and it isn't. But this is actually GOOD NEWS because you don't have to put up with this shit if you don't want to.

niceguy2 Fri 16-Nov-12 09:44:10

Genuine question here. But what is his relationship like with his parents? Did they completely fail to teach him the concept of personal responsibility?

Men like this piss me off no end. He needs to fucking grow a set of balls and MAN THE FUCK UP.

£300 on a gaming chair!?!?! Seriously!?! I used to be a serious gamer and never once felt the need to spend that much on a chair.....a computer maybe....not a damn chair!

He sounds like a goddamn toddler. Personally i'd sit him on the naughty step.

I don't think my 11yr old DS would behave like that. Come to think of it, don't think my 5yr would either if I told him we couldn't afford it.

Trills Fri 16-Nov-12 09:45:27

He is an adult.

No matter how rubbish his parents were or how much he was indulged he should be able to realise that the universe does not revolve around him.

niceguy2 Fri 16-Nov-12 09:50:33

I'm not seeking to excuse his behaviour. Just wondered how he's picked up such a spoilt attitude that's all. We are all to a certain extent the product of our upbringing. If he's been treated like a teenager all his life then you can't be surprised when he acts like one.

He's still responsible for his own appalling behaviour though.

Trills Fri 16-Nov-12 09:55:34

Fair enough.

givemeaclue Fri 16-Nov-12 09:59:24

Some men don't grow up. My advice is, don't marry those ones. Marry the capable, caring unselfis ones who are great partners, dads and husbands. Why would you marry a child?

All the men I know are very much grown ups. Sounds like you picked a loser.

givemeaclue Fri 16-Nov-12 10:00:43

An unemployed gamer...what a catch

steppemum Fri 16-Nov-12 10:23:48

I am pretty annoyed by this thread title and the whole premises of this thread actually

I treat the men in my life as adults,and they treat me as an adult. This whole 'men never grow up' is like saying 'all women like cooking and cleaning'

I choose male and female friends based on their character not their gender.

OTOH I feel very sorry for you op with this man, he is obviously not taking his responsibilities seriously. Yes he can change if he wants to. He needs a wake up call
Show him this thread

Chandon Fri 16-Nov-12 10:28:56

Yabu,

Hate to tell you this but lots of men are NOT like this.

The problem is not with " men", the problem is this specific one man.

RubyGates Fri 16-Nov-12 10:51:09

Hang on, is this the same OH whose mummy didn't want to let him go, and who thought he you'd be better living with her?

Archetypal Mummy's Boy behaviour. I'd delover him back to his Mother, and tell her you only want him back when she's turned him into an adult.

MakeItALarge Fri 16-Nov-12 10:52:33

Op my dh and I both work, so no major money problems. If I spent £300 on him so close to xmas he would be pissed off Id spent money that could have been used for our dc to give them a lovely xmas day, not just presents but days out and treats.

I take it your oh is spending that much on each of your dc this xmas? Or does he put his own wants first?

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Nov-12 12:24:53

Hi all,

We have no problem with folks venting but can we please ask folks to avoid OTT sweeping insulting generalisations about all men as group.

peace and love

AnyFucker Fri 16-Nov-12 12:37:05

Op, I hope you are ok
You are having a proper shitty time of it. Sounds like this man-child doesn't add much to your life.

Have you considered that your life would probably improve without this dead weight dragging you down?

givemeaclue Fri 16-Nov-12 12:42:01

It is the op who made the sweeping generalisations in her thread title

AnyFucker Fri 16-Nov-12 12:44:47

Give op a break now guys, eh?

Trills Fri 16-Nov-12 13:08:47

It's not just the OP, plenty of people seem to have a very biased view of "men".

I agree with AnyFucker - what are you getting out of this relationship?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now