to think that you shouldn't be staring down my shirt?

(194 Posts)
TulisaLover Thu 08-Nov-12 23:00:24

I was leaning over sorting out some papers on my desk today and a colleague came up to my desk and started talking about a meeting the team were having. When I looked up I immediately realised where he had been looking and he got a bit flustered. I put my hand on my top to hold it against me and gave him a look of disdain back. Am i being unreasonable to think that any reasonable man would have averted their eyes? What would you do?

MamaMary Sat 10-Nov-12 13:36:26

Love the bit about plain English campaign grin

EduCated Sat 10-Nov-12 13:57:14

YY, Mama, love the attention to detail grin

Tweasels Sat 10-Nov-12 14:04:17

I love this thread. I'm ashamed I haven't found it sooner.

Sallyingforth Sat 10-Nov-12 17:50:16

TulisaLover
Do you know what goes into developing a fragrance? It's not exactly something that a celebimbo can drop into when she has a spare afternoon - even such a magnificent role model as your heroine.

What usually happens with sponsorship deals is that someone sells their name in exchange for a fixed sum and/or a share of the profits from selling the product.

Still I don't suppose that will stop you from queuing up to buy when she has developed a shampoo or developed a handbag. Get real!

TulisaLover Sat 10-Nov-12 17:56:45

That is simply not true Sallying in this case. For those that don't know, Tulisa showed an incredible aptitude to organic chemistry at school, frequently combining cyclo-hexane with benzoids and producing some of the most devilishly delicious fragrances ever to waft within a classroom. When she was approached to produce a perfume, it was a chance for her to flex her fearsome knowledge of ethyls. The results - mind blowing and it's a fragrance that has delighted everyone in my workplace.

She did the entire thing pro-bono too as a gift to the world.

Tweasels Sat 10-Nov-12 18:03:40

I luffs you Tulisalover. That makes me a Tulisaloverlover.

wildfig Sat 10-Nov-12 18:15:04

Sorry, OP, this is very off-topic and a bit nosy, but how did you and your DP meet? For some reason, I'm getting a strong mental image of Fifty Shades of Grey meets Secretary.

Sallyingforth Sat 10-Nov-12 18:16:21

Gosh TulisaLover

With a talent like that I'm disappointed she hasn't got a Nobel prize yet smile

Perhaps she should sort out the Israel-Palestine problem when she has a spare minute. And why did she let that hurricane hit New York when she only had to lift her little finger?

Sallyingforth Sat 10-Nov-12 18:19:11

PS. My DP would like to know why your breasts were so attractive to the guy in your office. Any chance of uploading a picture for him?

TulisaLover Sat 10-Nov-12 18:30:49

Wildfig - kind of a funny story....we actually met at the local bowling alley. DP was continuously foot-faulting in the adjacent lane, which was absolutely doing my head in. I marched up to him and said "Can you not just once do it properly?'

'My dear, frankly I don't give a damn.' was his response. I had to have him right there.

He took me out to the Frankie and Benny's of the time, and we bonded over a mutual love of onion rings. The kissing was grotesquely smelly, but deeply passionate. It's a tale for the ages.

The Israel-Palestine problem is easy. Everyone in both regions is given $250k relocation expenses, printed out of thin air via Bernanke's special money machine, and is given special dispensation to go to whatever country in the world they wish to live - no visa issues, full naturalised status.

Thus no-one lives permanently in that region - except for a select few agnostic/aethists who run a theme park there where anyone can come for two weeks at a time. Win-win.

No pics of breasts. I only do bottomless.

freetoanyhome Sat 10-Nov-12 18:37:30

grin

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Sat 10-Nov-12 19:17:04

Are you a fire-breathing product of a beehive with a sting in your tail?

grin

tinkertitonk Sun 11-Nov-12 00:13:14

Tulisalover, I swallowed it all.

Well done. Hats off to a brilliant wind-up.

YouBloodyWolf Sun 11-Nov-12 05:27:40

Wind-up aside, I've found this thread fascinating and revealing illuminating.

In my hand-wringing Ben Eltonish way I've always thought that cleavage blimping was a seedy, aberrant act that marked me out as a sex-pest. I'm very fond of boobies but always feel guilty when I check out a partly-exposed pair, and blush and fluster if I'm caught doing so. But now I learn that most women aren't actually bothered as long as it's not done blatantly, and that sometimes it's sort of welcome? Have I got that right?

I am not a pervert.

Cortana Sun 11-Nov-12 09:31:17

For me as long as you're just having a look, not touching or expecting anything more than a cheeky look it's all good YouBloodyWolf. Slightly more subtle but if you watch closely a lot of women will be checking out arses, forearms and occasionally "the bulge" if my peers are anything to go by. Nothing wrong with appreciating the human form.

Tulisa, would it have been ok if he was selling you discounted meat at the Waitrose counter?

TulisaLover Sun 11-Nov-12 10:24:04

Well... if I'm getting a highly discounted lamb neck fillet, I'll accept slightly more than a furtive glance, but would draw the line at an ogle. Chuck in some chorizo chipolatas though and all bets are off.

A wonderful read for a Sunday morning, before I start work,it's a pity Rhubarb did not come on, & post her amazing funny posts.
I would have had a look at the flesh on show too.wink

YouBloodyWolf Sun 11-Nov-12 10:42:04

Cortana - I notice ladies checking out arses etc, always kinda thought norks were different. The tortured thought processes of a child of the eighties...

TulisaLover Mon 12-Nov-12 23:02:39

Bump due to the wonderfully middle class nature of this thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now