Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think school cooking lessons are.....

(134 Posts)
NellyJob Thu 08-Nov-12 21:34:09

a joke when the morbidly obese 'food tech' teacher ditches the healthy recipes from the school cook book and has the class make a super sugary swiss roll? when i say fat, I mean she is so heavy as to not be able to wear normal clothes or stand up straight? and she is teaching my daughter about nutrition when all these years I have been doing my best to keep her slim and fit? and this teachers daughter is also obese as are her husband and son.....
or would I sound like a twat complaining about this?

NellyJob Thu 08-Nov-12 21:51:59

that's quite odd kinkyfuckery and you don't need to resort to telling me to 'fuck off' really do you?
obvs I could teach them that if i felt like it, why not?

LynetteScavo England Thu 08-Nov-12 21:52:45

Hahaha @ hiddenhome! grin

I raise you £12 to make a bakewell tart (we had to buy a new tin).

I'm bemused by the amount of red meat DS is aksed to bring in. First mince to make chilli (fine, we could use soya) and now to make burgers. This will teach him to handle raw meat apparently. Luckily DS isn't vegetarian, we just don't eat red meat at home.

I will be sending in turkey mince to make a point.

snooter Thu 08-Nov-12 21:53:25

If the lessons come with a healthy eating leaflet then she is clearly taking the piss!! Or too fat, stupid & greedy to follow the protocol. (Dons hard hat & retreats to the cake cupboard)

WorraLiberty England Thu 08-Nov-12 21:53:35

So you're annoyed your DD was taught to make a tasty swiss roll from scratch, that you all enjoyed? confused

And how do you know what the teacher's entire family look like, including her DH?

LynetteScavo England Thu 08-Nov-12 21:54:09

Actually, I liked learning how to make swiss roll at school. Every year we had a chocolate log competition, and I always won. grin

NellyJob Thu 08-Nov-12 21:55:23

because they all either work at or attend the school......
no not annoyed at the end product grin but being lectured about healthy eating from the gov and school nurse...

seeker Thu 08-Nov-12 21:56:24

Well, so far my year 7 has made flapjacks, macaroni cheese scone based pizza and tomato soup. I've been very impressed. Whichni wasn't expecting to be.

OP, you a coming across as completely ghastly. If yourndaughter learned how to make q Swiss roll, the woman concerned must be a good teacher - it's not an easy thing to make. Her looks and family life are absolutely none of your business.

Fakebook Thu 08-Nov-12 21:56:24

Oh shut up. There is nothing wrong with making a Swiss roll. I'd pipe down if I were you before you mentally fuck up your Dd and turn her into a bulimic or anorexic.

wigglesrock Germany Thu 08-Nov-12 21:56:24

Is she a good teacher? Does your child like her? Or does that not matter - just what she looks like.

I made swiss roll in Home Economics (how old am I) it was lovely. Didn't even make it home - we all ate it on the bus.

WorraLiberty England Thu 08-Nov-12 21:57:08

Well you'd do well to actually listen to the government and school nurse

Then you'll understand that a slice of cake now and then as part of a healthy diet, isn't going to make you spontaneously combust.

NellyJob Thu 08-Nov-12 21:58:06

I'd pipe down if I were you before you mentally fuck up your Dd and turn her into a bulimic or anorexic
goodness me I brought out the harpies...

thewashfairy Thu 08-Nov-12 21:58:26

I think that's the main point that gets me Nelly,the preaching about healthy eating policies, whilst 'teaching' the kids to make the most useless,expensive inedible food products known by man. Hypocritical to say the least

NellyJob Thu 08-Nov-12 21:59:12

exactly washfairy, thank you

cardibach Thu 08-Nov-12 21:59:27

I disagreed with you and with your attitude, but believed what you were saying up to the point when you said she makes this 'most weeks'. THat is clearly crap, so I am now wondering what you agenda is...

Mrsjay Thu 08-Nov-12 22:00:28

the fat one". Are you a Swiss troll?

<groan> grin

Willowisp Thu 08-Nov-12 22:01:13

Well I'm tending to agree with you. I don't like fat people, I don't like greedy people & seeing as she has a fat daughter she must also be lazy grin.

Practise what you preach I say wink

NellyJob Thu 08-Nov-12 22:01:45

ach y fi cardibach , it is true

thewashfairy Thu 08-Nov-12 22:02:54

They blame it on the fact they have only 1 hour including the prep and post tidy. Make it into a 2 hour slot every other week then...... DUH. Can't be THAT hard. 1 week you have 2 hour slot cooking,next week you have 2 hour slot PE or something. Don't even start me on that one.... My teens' PE tops have never come back smelling sweaty! That can't be right,especially not in TEENS.......

Fakebook Thu 08-Nov-12 22:03:29

Sorry but did you expect everyone here to sit and laugh at your description of the teacher and agree with you?

Making a swiss roll does at least involve 2 proper cookery techniques - making the sponge and rolling it up.

There is a 'school cook book'? What's in it?

TiggyD Thu 08-Nov-12 22:05:20

Please list the other things Fat Teacher has taught children how to make.

snooter Thu 08-Nov-12 22:05:27

Nothing wrong in teaching how to make cakes & I agree with comments above about swiss rolls not being the easiest but a swiss roll as an example of a healthy food item in accordance with the accompanying leaflet - FFS - a pudding is hardly essential fodder!

NellyJob Thu 08-Nov-12 22:05:29

no fakebook not really but 'fuck off' was not necessary

LFCisTarkaDahl Thu 08-Nov-12 22:05:42

Well I'm fat. And well liked.

Not being an utter cunt helps mind.

cardibach Thu 08-Nov-12 22:06:36

WHy are you saying 'Yuck' to me?
How old is she? My DD did make a few cheesecakse while developing her final design fro GCSE. In KS3 they would have to make something different every time to show progression etc (I am a teacher- not food tech). Even at GCSE they would have to be different types/flavours. SOrry, don;t believe it.
And thewashfairy it would be incredibly hard to so that. DO you have any idea how difficult it is to pout a Secondary School timetable together? Just think about it for a bit - all those pupils and teachers, doing all those subjects in specific rooms and none of them can clash, pupils can have no spaces...almost impossible wihtout adding extra constraints.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now