Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think (hope) Eastenders portrayal of social services (Lexi & Lola story) is wrong?

(346 Posts)
MoonlightShadows Fri 05-Oct-12 20:10:47

I am watching it at the moment and am finding the Lexi/Lola storyline quite disturbing, I can't imagine social services really carry on like this and think it's an unfair portrayal.

GW297 Fri 05-Oct-12 20:27:25

So upsetting.

NellyBluth Fri 05-Oct-12 20:28:23

God, I'm sobbing watching this, and I don't actually watch EE, its just on in the background most days.

I really hope that part of the story is that this SW is shit.

McPhee Fri 05-Oct-12 20:28:52

Jesus christ I'm in floods and had to get 14 week old Dd out of bed just to hug her sad

Really awful storyline.

I know people get children taken away. But not for those reasons. Some washing etc. Ridiculous.

SoleSource England Fri 05-Oct-12 20:29:59

SW can and do get things wrong and at times lie to cover tbeir tracks.

This social worker seems to be a bit of a bitch who has taken a dislike to Lola. The other SW's she had were nothing like this so I really don't feel it represents Social Services as a whole.

spudmasher Fri 05-Oct-12 20:30:37

Total load of dangerous nonsense. It's actually made me feel really rather angry.

PinkFairyDust Fri 05-Oct-12 20:31:10

I am crying too :-(

Did Lola bit social worker?

And did anyone else wonder if sw strapped baby in seat properly as drove off very quickly?!

GW297 Fri 05-Oct-12 20:31:32

Lola is a good actress.

Mrsjay Fri 05-Oct-12 20:31:44

perhaps she is just really rubbish at her job Billy makes a complaint SW steals baby sounds like an E E story grin

I have been thinking the exact same thing!! Surely it would be obvious to anyone the baby is loved and cared for. Aren't all new mums told to let the housework slide. Dishes don't mind being neglected etc yet she's being lambasted for washing up not being done. Scarily bad portrayal of SS I hope.

chickydoo Fri 05-Oct-12 20:32:24

I found it upsetting. Can social workers really do this!!!
Terrible terrible script writing

IneedAsockamnesty Fri 05-Oct-12 20:32:26

i would have bitten her as well.

Tuttutitlookslikerain Fri 05-Oct-12 20:33:05

That was absolutely awful to watchsad.

Fairylea Fri 05-Oct-12 20:33:14

I had to go and hide in the kitchen as I was so upset.

So sad.

Mrsjay Fri 05-Oct-12 20:33:19

OH i have recorded it has she had lexie taken from her ?

Oh gawd I haven't watched tonight's yet - is it going to make me sob and clutch 7 wo dd a bit closer?!

MoonlightShadows Fri 05-Oct-12 20:33:45

I reckon I would have done more than bite her in that situation blush

"Lola is a good actress."

I totally agree!

Tuttutitlookslikerain Fri 05-Oct-12 20:35:03

Don't watch it Whatevertheweather. Congratulations on your DDsmile

McPhee Fri 05-Oct-12 20:35:45

Yes I'm afraid it will Whatever

Fairylea Fri 05-Oct-12 20:36:06

I read somewhere that the actress that plays Lola is a newbie and this is her first ever acting role.. don't know if that is correct or not. She was amazing.

Strawhatpirate Fri 05-Oct-12 20:36:45

Its all a bit weird and horrid isn't it? It reminds me of that old urban legend about people pretending to be from ss in order to nick babies

Joiningthegang Fri 05-Oct-12 20:37:04

Horrible storyline and wildly inaccurate

Social care are so stretched they wouldn't want to pay out on an expensive foster care arrangement when grandad could care for the baby

And

She hasn't even been charged or found guilty so grounds for removing the baby at all

The writers should be ashamed

MoonlightShadows Fri 05-Oct-12 20:37:19

Fantastic actress, the new Lacey Turner ( played Stacey Slater)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now