To be outraged at discovering a long chin hair?

(143 Posts)
Salmotrutta Sun 11-Sep-11 00:51:08

Growing under my jawline?
What? When did this happen and who put it there?!
I have religiously checked my face and chin since entering menopause and discovered other random hairs but how did this one evade me until it reached at least an inch long?
Disgraceful ... and I blame the government.

LaLaLaLayla Sun 18-Sep-11 02:13:21

and my fingers are getting very hairy.

Mine are too. I also have them waxed once a month.

Crazynanna Sun 18-Sep-11 09:52:16

My dd(age 25) was with me in Argos,and whilst watching me write down the caralogue numbers',she affectionatly and loudly announced "Awww mum,you've got one of those liver spots on your hand! You remind me of Gran" hmm

Crazynanna Sun 18-Sep-11 09:52:39

catalogue

bobblywobblymum Sun 18-Sep-11 10:15:07

My DP regularly enjoys commenting on my 'freckles' on my hands calling them liver spots. To add to that my hairy toes, which isn't so much an issue now summer is over they can be nicely covered up. I am now off to colour my sparkling white stripe on the top of my head. Mother Nature can indeed be very cruel.sad

BobblyGussets Sun 18-Sep-11 17:51:15

I shave my chin hairs too. I am as jumpy as a meerkat in the shower incase DH catches me at it and it blows "womanly mystique" for him.

Mine are so bad, I could almost give the kids a "dry shave", you know, where stubbly Dads/Uncles torture small children by rubbing the stubble on their faces. I also have a fair (in colour) 'tache. The sunlight must have caught it one day because DS2 (3 yrs old) looked at me and said, "Got whiskers Mummy?".

Anyway, I raise you lot chin hairs and the like, by letting out a fart at work whilst sneezing. Pelvic floor problems? Try "Anal floor problems".

BobblyGussets Sun 18-Sep-11 17:52:08

<waves to bobblywobblymum>

diminishedresponsibility Sun 18-Sep-11 22:29:31

I need to ask the question, how long should we put off using a wilkinson 5 blader? Is it 5 now? Maybe since I last saw an add they've gone up.

Pang Sun 18-Sep-11 22:56:07

Really enjoyed this thread. What fun I have to look forward to! hmm

darksideofthemooncup Sun 18-Sep-11 23:23:18

I have just returned to this thread after a 3 week hiatus from hair removal. I did a full on epilation session yesterday, I could have re -carpeted the house with the hairy detritus.
How lovely grin

Ceiniog Tue 20-Sep-11 13:26:09

Oh-so- brilliant, this thread so cheered up my day...Thank you all!! xx

limitedperiodonly Tue 20-Sep-11 13:57:24

Just to let you know I got that elusive nipple hair today. The bastard was growing sideways and hiding in a nipple crevasse.

bobblywobblymum Tue 20-Sep-11 16:52:25

Beware, they multiply!!!

Arrogantcat Wed 21-Sep-11 16:50:36

Another hairy mary here! Tweezers are my best friend. I dread ending up in a coma and my family gradually sit and watch me change into a freaking werewolf.

Tewkespeggy Wed 21-Sep-11 17:13:31

Listen Girlies there is some good news...

soon your eyesight will fail and you wont SEE any of the little blighters!

limitedperiodonly Wed 21-Sep-11 17:18:30

That's happened to me already but I can still feel them. <<sobs in frustration making vision even more blurry>>

Arrogantcat Wed 21-Sep-11 18:06:52

I've got two daughters too. Think the eldest is going the same way as me. Genes can be very cruel.

chasingrabbitswithsaladtongs Mon 05-Nov-12 14:41:14

Ladies, can I thank you all for making my day a little less disastrous. I have read ALL the posts and have had a good and well deserved chuckle. Finally I now know that I too am not alone any more in the great "hair-debate". I have very fair skin ( don't tan at all!!) and dark brown hair and noticeable hair has been the bane of my life-add to the fact that the little buggers grow back at an incredible rate. It is bad enough having leg hair that just won't quit growing-I have threatened to stop waxing etc. and instead grab the knitting needles and "knit" myself a pair of tights from my own leg hair-whilst still on my legs!! [ my hubby says that's why our cat is so attached to me...he reckons she thinks I am her "upright" furry mother!!]...and now menopause kicked in 2 years ago at 47 [ now post menopausal at 49]....and the chin has gone from the "odd" stiff one to a battle ground where I wage war every day....and you should see my tweezer collection-one in every room and one for each handbag owned!!!!! Just answer me this though....why the pimple effect before the little buggers break the surface???? I look like I have "acne" but it's not... every time a hair is about to sprout it is proceeded by a lump, then white-head then...(if I can resist NOT plucking/squeezing/grabbing a shovel to dig it out) becomes red and "bruise-like feeling" and only then breaks cover.....and the rest of the neck is following suit. I have even found one growing straight out of the cheek...omg!!

EricNorthmansFangBanger Mon 05-Nov-12 16:52:18

I'm 25. Since being pregnant with DD2 I seem to sprout black hairs on my chin/jawline <sobs> DH loves plucking them and showing them to me! Makes me want to weep! Currently pregnant with DC3, which we've been told is a boy. I seem to be sprouting black hairs in more places as time goes on sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now