what is an acceptable age to draw a moustache on my baby?

(112 Posts)
renlovesyou Thu 17-Mar-11 20:57:54

DP says 6 months. I say 3. Please help resolve this!

jaggythistle Mon 21-Mar-11 20:35:32

Where can one acquire small person sized stick on moustaches? I am too lazy to draw one on and then have to wash it off, but seeing as DS has just spent two days wearing sunglasses in the house I am sure he would love a moustache!

ivykaty44 Mon 21-Mar-11 16:06:51

- 46 years old and not a day younger

forgot to say, gutted we didn't manage to get registered for the London Tweed Run in april, it would have been a perfect excuse to do this again...

very glad to see I'm among like minded people.... we have a xmas picture of DS2, 3 1/2 months old, with a black handlebar stick-on job.
Best picture ever, he didn't notice and carried it off very well.... planning to store it safely until he hits teenage years!

BringBackGoingForGold Sat 19-Mar-11 13:18:34

Drunken moustache-drawing. Even better.

ledkr Sat 19-Mar-11 12:14:18

bringback shes looking dapper thanks.
We went on a pirate boat trip yrs ago in florida with dc's me and dh got tipsy and it wasnt untill we saw the photos that we realised we had drawn on pirate moustaches, arrgh jimlad.

peeriebear Sat 19-Mar-11 11:19:00

I have photos somewhere of DD1, me, my friend and her DS all 'tached up when Dd1 was about 2. It has to be done sooner or later. Every year when I go to a big music festival I spend the whole weekend with a curly eyeliner tache. Well, I used to, until the Hipsters got wind of it, now they're all at it hmm

BringBackGoingForGold Sat 19-Mar-11 11:07:35

ledkr surely on a baby girl it is Even Funnier?

BigChiefOrganiser Sat 19-Mar-11 00:38:19

Our DS was 2.4mo. Poirot style, it was in support of his Papa for Movember. Hilarious! Used an eyeliner.

ledkr Sat 19-Mar-11 00:11:18

what a great idea to liven up the 4am feed,is it ok for a baby girl tho?

Loobyloo1902 Fri 18-Mar-11 23:57:16

Oh thank goodness I'm not alone. I was planning a family moustache photo for the Christmas card. Thought I might be a bit odd but I'm in good company.

monkeyjamtart Fri 18-Mar-11 22:52:28

At birth. That would look good on One Born Every Minute

MissusF Fri 18-Mar-11 22:52:25

When and only when the drawing of the moustache is deemed to send the MIL over the top with judgyness.

LoveLeonardCohen Fri 18-Mar-11 22:49:22

Charlie Chaplin

olderyetwider Fri 18-Mar-11 22:38:25

Bottled it! Didn't really dare, though think DIL would have found it funny

spooktrain Fri 18-Mar-11 17:06:38

* goatee depending on how many chins the baby has

spooktrain Fri 18-Mar-11 17:06:03

I think it has to be a Dali for sheer artistic flourish

but I also think a goatee beard would be good

Surely much more fun to draw massive facial hair on the baby and then Veet your husband's eyebrows when he is sleeping, no? grin

Pinkjenny Fri 18-Mar-11 16:00:41

My ds has beautiful, long, thick eyelashes. I am dying to put mascara on them. I mean, I won't. But I want to.

BringBackGoingForGold Fri 18-Mar-11 15:57:57

Stick-ons have better texture but drawn-ons have old-school charm (makes me think of Roobarb and Custard). I'd go for a music-hall impresario curly one with waxed-looking pointy ends. And agree that there is no minimum age. Why wait?

yosammitysam Fri 18-Mar-11 14:24:10

I'd go for a stick on one, you get more texture. My ds's have gone to school with one each today for comic relief and my 2yr old wore one walking to school- we had a handlebar and 2 poirot types. They took the moustache wearing very seriously. Soooo funny!

Fluteyboots Fri 18-Mar-11 13:55:50

Larfing a lot

Older, I love your reasoning that a baby tache would be acceptable if it was just a little one.

Was wondering what to do with DS this afternoon. Think we might go for a Tom Selleck then out for a walk.

RevoltingPeasant Fri 18-Mar-11 13:46:26

older, do it and claim he did it himself when your back was turned.

olderyetwider Fri 18-Mar-11 13:36:27

He has a nap around 3pm, DIL collecting at 4.30pm. Once he's nicely asleep I'll get the eyeliner out.grin
[evil MIL cackle]

BarbaraBar Fri 18-Mar-11 13:32:15

Def leave it on!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now