Message withdrawn

poshwellies Sat 21-Aug-10 21:56:16

yes,dh says dublo is for children under 5 <runs off>

lauzb Sat 21-Aug-10 22:03:47

Duplo?! Really...?

He must be v special Zapostrophe

Spacehopper5 Sat 21-Aug-10 22:24:08

Message withdrawn

There's a slowly disintegrating Lego Dinosaur in DS's room. Bits have fallen off him but still he roars feebly and tries to move his legs. sad
There's an amazingly intricate Kinetixs trebuchet 4 yards away from me. It's taking up an awful amount of space but it took them ages to build.

JaxTellersOldLady Sat 21-Aug-10 22:44:46

My DS keeps his lego in his bedroom - in a HUGE plastic crate. All his starwars creations are on a large shelf (possibly 2) and are NOT to be touched by anyone.

I wouldnt dare dismantle his starships.

We are going to Legoland tomorrow, would your DH like to come and play in the test track with my DS? grin

Morloth Sat 21-Aug-10 22:54:01

Duplo is for babies, snurk.

We have Lego creations here. The Death Star is the next thing DS1 is saving his pennies for.

He will spend an entire day building the thing piece by piece and then the next day will rip it up and chuck all the bits in the lego box.

suzi2 Fri 27-Aug-10 13:35:56

lol, this came up on my talk roundup and I had a good chuckle. Thankfully the only person insisting we don't break up lego is DS. If I take a photo though I'm allowed to trash them.

I'm off to buy myself some Xmas lego now. Just for me. I love lego!

lazarusb Fri 27-Aug-10 14:06:37

If dh broke up my Lego medieval village I'd go MAD! However, Duplo is not the same so destroy it! wink

suzi2 Fri 27-Aug-10 14:31:20

Oooh, you have the medieval village, I'm jealous. I have a winter toy shop on the way :-D

lazarusb Fri 27-Aug-10 18:00:54

And it's mine, all mine....ha ha ha grin

Honeydragon Fri 27-Aug-10 18:11:56

we dismantle and rebox to rebuild the sets.

However

Ds and dh like lego, hornby and model making which is why I have four, four (!) fucking sheds in the garden and talk of a fith. I life in a 3 bed semi ffs!

The plus side is slightly less clutter in the house - the down side is the sheds.

Chatelaine Fri 27-Aug-10 18:41:55

I do feel that you should consult DH and children before destroying dismantling. Am I right in understanding it's Lego not Duplo (thinking of the fine motor skills of the average 30 something) grin A lot of thought goes into the making/construction and my DH would spend a lot of time with DS & DD creating, very patiently, wonderful models such a bridges, demonstrating the strengths and weaknesses etc. It's the ideal play material and the whole point is that it needs work and imagination, it fosters engineering. It's that important imo. However I understand it is so inconvenient then everything is left on the dining table or wherever and no one is around to help and it's left to you to "move" it. It's a strong impluse just to want it gone. I'm sure you know all this. You need to speak to all concerned so that they have the opportunity to move models into their own space (once enjoyed by the whole household) if they want to preserve them longer. So until this happens, on balance I think YABU but it's fully understandable grin

Having been forbidden from eating at the dining table the other day as DH and DD had built a big Playmobil scene but 'hadn't finished the foliage' by bedtime I sympathise.

But YANBU - in fact it's I believe a legal requirement to dissemble any structures on health and safety grounds before the hours of darkness lest they crush a family pet. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now