Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone tried an air purifier? (dust issues, sniff)

(5 Posts)
eragon Sun 28-Apr-13 14:41:27

we have a cheapie from IKEA!! works a treat!

oohdaddypig Sun 28-Apr-13 08:11:11

Thanks for both responses. I will ramp up the damp dusting. I have just removed carpets etc

Eragon, would you mind letting me know which make you have? Would be good to go on a recommendation as they seem expensive!

Thanks

eragon Sat 27-Apr-13 23:40:45

yes. they work well. wish we had brought them earlier for our son and my husband.
my son notices his poor sleep when he sleeps without a filter being on, he has all environmental allergies.

I have a dust mite allergy and hay fever which kicks in now. I didn't use filters but basically did a deep clean of the bedroom. So hot wash bedding a few times a week, wet dust all around the bed and vacuum everywhere. Especially around the bed - behind the headboard, between the mattress and bed slats etc etc. made a huge difference!

oohdaddypig Sat 27-Apr-13 13:51:32

Hi, one of my pregnancies has triggered a dust mite allergy. In itself, this isn't too bad but I have also developed never ending, exhausting sinus infections too.

I think I need to clean up the air (have done the whole dust mite cover thing.)

I see there are loads and loads of air filters/purifiers out there. Some have HEPA filters.

Anyone tried one they would care to recommend? Are they noisy? Do they work?!

Many thanks for any advice. Sniff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now