Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on adoption.

Single adopters doing it all over again

(14 Posts)
stinkybelle Sat 17-Sep-16 17:59:36

I admit I'm slightly bonkers - anyone else been in this position? Panel on Wednesday and hopefully will be approved for dd2 fingers and everything else crossed

flapjackfairy Sat 17-Sep-16 19:00:07

Not in same position at all but wanted to say good luck for weds(sure you wont need it tho). We did approval and matching same day and i remember that strange mix of excitement and fear. Currently waiting for ao. Happy times. Best wishes for panel stinkybelle

greenandblackssurvivalkit Sat 17-Sep-16 19:17:39

Wow! I know of some who have done it, with a big gap.

I have done DAS after DBS, with a reasonably big gap. I'm glad it's no smaller!

dimples76 Sat 17-Sep-16 21:55:47

Best of luck on Wednesday.

I'm a single adopter thinking of applying to adopt again next year but going backwards and forwards on that decision!

stinkybelle Sat 17-Sep-16 22:06:19

Dimples76 all I will say is I thought the process would be a lot quicker....in hindsight sticking with the same local authority would've been the much more direct route. Ah well nearly there now.

RatherBeIndoors Sat 17-Sep-16 23:20:57

I'm a single adopter definitely sticking at one grin but wanted to wish you a nice, straightforward panel and all the very best. Keep us posted!

stinkybelle Sat 17-Sep-16 23:56:49

Thank you, you lovely people :-) will let you know - one question I do have.. Last time was nearly 4 years ago and BAAF had newsletters and a website highlighting children etc. I gather they are no longer around... Let's imagine all goes well on wed - has anyone taken over after BAAF dissolved? Just so I can do some research if LA can't help?

RatherBeIndoors Sun 18-Sep-16 00:17:55

I think it's Coram (now CoramBAAF?) but the First4Adoption gov website can probably direct you - I believe there's also web-based things like Linkmaker?

greenandblackssurvivalkit Sun 18-Sep-16 08:14:31

I think there is still Children Who Wait, but I just used link maker, and my SW used the consortium and other sharing events.

stinkybelle Sun 18-Sep-16 08:27:34

Thank you and I am happy (if approved) to wait but there are financial reasons why it would be better sooner rather than later so just starting to think about things like that. Obviously most Important is the match being right and my soc worker is fab :-)

greenandblackssurvivalkit Sun 18-Sep-16 09:22:14

Good luck! smile

stinkybelle Wed 21-Sep-16 15:02:43

Panel said unanimous yes! Phew! I have the mother of all headaches so am going home to stick it in the fridge wink

2old2beamum Wed 21-Sep-16 15:38:47

Well done stinkybelle
flowers and some paracetamol

greenandblackssurvivalkit Wed 21-Sep-16 18:53:57

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now