SnowMuch's annual advent calendar thread - what did you get in yours today?

(122 Posts)
SnowMuchToBits Sat 01-Dec-12 08:15:40

Ds and I are having our annual advent calendar competition where we have guessed what is in all the windows. One point for something you guessed but on the wrong day, two points for the right thing on the right day.

Today I had a decoration (1 point), ds also had a decoration (no points, as he didn't guess decoration for any day). He also has the Playmobil Knights tournament advent calendar and had a king person in it! smile

Tikkabillajive Tue 04-Dec-12 11:17:41

Great excitement this morning as Oliver the archaeologist now has a motorbike!

jen127 Tue 04-Dec-12 11:24:05

I have the daily mail advent calendar and got L'occitaine hand cream ! mmmm! Loving it !

SnowMuchToBits Tue 04-Dec-12 12:35:52

I'm having visions of Princess Christabelle riding pillion on Oliver's motorbike... grin

Kirstoll Tue 04-Dec-12 13:08:29

i want to hear more about the selfridges advent calendar.... I am living vicariously. DD has three chocolate varieties - Peppa Pig, and two cadbury, because apparently both sets of grandparents bought on, as did MIL - which she is extremely excited about. I think I will look into a playmobil one for next year - they sound brill!

YoHoHoAndABottleOfSherry Tue 04-Dec-12 13:47:36

An owl on a stand! DD absolutely can't wait for the owl in her playmobil advent calendar (it was the main reason we bought it), but I think she still has another couple of weeks to go. She got a crow/raven this morning.

bedmonster Tue 04-Dec-12 14:05:53

Kirstoll, it's beautiful! I love it so much, I wouldn't care if I didn't get any presents at Christmas!! It's really heavy so you know it's got lots of treasures and it looks so sparkly and shiny on the windowsill next to the rubbish kids ones grin
Full of lots of mini goodies, the perfume, yesterday was a hand cream but quite big for a miniature, and will open the next door tonight!

KrisMoose Tue 04-Dec-12 14:24:36

Today the Selfridges calendar was lancome eye make up remover (50ml!) and yesterday was Lancome Renergié face cream - 15ml, so enough for a month. It's sooooooo lovely smile

(I'm upthread as SantasBlotto, btw - new name, same me! I'm normally Pinot)

envy of the selfridges calanders.... dare I ask how much i need to save up to get one next year?

We had an angel this morning with a wonky halo (so she fits right in in this house).... she's awol atm as I think ds2 was introducing her to the dragon knights upstairs, I'll have to mount a rescue mission later!

bedmonster Tue 04-Dec-12 16:03:18

Krismoose NOOOOO!!! I haven't opened mine yet!!!
Although, I got something different to you yesterday so maybe they're all in different orders?
Last year it was around £70, not sure this year, DP buys mine but haven't asked him this year.

KrisMoose Tue 04-Dec-12 16:48:15

It was £82 <mind boggle> which is what has put me off up until now - but genuinely, it's worth it if you really like and obsess over beauty stuff.

SORRY bedmonster - I assumed you'd open them in the morning. WHO CAN WAIT? I'm bad enough with a chocolate one, let alone a beauty shizzle one! grin

Ouch shock but sounds like it's worth it for what you're getting

<<<starts fundraising for next year>>>

Kirstoll Tue 04-Dec-12 17:27:45

Am going to put £1.70 a week in a beauty calendar pot. That should see me right!!! Gosh I am super-jealous, I didn't know such things existed!! Ooooh can't wait for next year!!!

We got wonky angel too. DS was so thoroughly unimpressed he's pretending she doesn't exist!

KrisMoose Tue 04-Dec-12 17:42:58

Kirstoll grin Sign up for Selfridges Beauty emails to get advance notice of when it launches. They sell out v quick.

KrisMoose Tue 04-Dec-12 17:44:08
KrisMoose Tue 04-Dec-12 17:45:09

end of October it was released this year

twinklesparkles Tue 04-Dec-12 18:12:28

Dh and ds have cadburys ones .. They had a chocolate santa head today ... Again .. For the 3rd time :s

I still haven't got an advent calendar, the boys ones were the last 2 I could find ... Poor mummy

;)

KrisMoose Wed 05-Dec-12 09:56:55
Kirstoll Wed 05-Dec-12 12:01:19

An rubbish at buying things super-quick! Will put dh on the case next September ! Hark at me talking about next Xmas already grin what did u get today??!

peachypips Wed 05-Dec-12 21:36:40

I had a basket and more letters in the playmobil PO. Anyone know what the basket is for? Looking forward to tmrw- it's a big window!!

SnowMuchToBits Thu 06-Dec-12 08:51:01

Forgot to post yesterday, as too much excitement as it was ds's birthday! blush But yesterday I had some holly (1 point) and ds had a trumpet (0 points). In the Playmo calendar we had a falcon knight.

Today's offerings were a bird for me (0 points) and another decoration for ds (0 points). In the Playmo calendar we had a stand for weapons, and an assortment of spears etc.

NagooHoHoHo Thu 06-Dec-12 09:59:21

FATHER CHRISTMAS grin

DS knew. smile

Tikkabillajive Thu 06-Dec-12 12:12:57

Happy birthday SnowMuch's DS! Did he get any Playmobil for his birthday?

Oliver the archaeologist now has panniers for his motorbike, a torch and walkie talkies. smile DS is very excited because he thinks that the fact there are 2 walkie talkies means that the other archaeologist must be arriving tomorrow for Oliver to talk to on them.

Princess Christabelle has a big pouffy skirt and a stool that she can't sit on because her new skirt is too pouffy. hmm

SnowMuchToBits Thu 06-Dec-12 12:56:56

He did get the car and jetski from the harbour theme, tikka, but a lot of his presents this year (he is 12 now) were percussion accessories for his drum kit/xylophone. smile

Tikkabillajive Thu 06-Dec-12 20:34:20

Ah that's great! Hope my two still love it when they are 12. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now