SnowMuch's annual advent calendar thread - what did you get in yours today?

(122 Posts)
SnowMuchToBits Sat 01-Dec-12 08:15:40

Ds and I are having our annual advent calendar competition where we have guessed what is in all the windows. One point for something you guessed but on the wrong day, two points for the right thing on the right day.

Today I had a decoration (1 point), ds also had a decoration (no points, as he didn't guess decoration for any day). He also has the Playmobil Knights tournament advent calendar and had a king person in it! smile

Indith Sat 01-Dec-12 08:21:43

Playmobil Knights! Wow!

BIL got the dcs the lego one and playmobil one as their christmas present so ds1 got a lego firefighter and dd got a playmobil letter box. Ds2 doesn't have one because he is only 8 months old and I couldn't be arsed to find stuff to put in one. Maybe I should have got him a chocolate one so I could help him out grin.

I lopve the sound of a kights one though! I didn't know they did one, dd would have adored it.

Nagoo Sat 01-Dec-12 08:25:07

Hi snowmuch smile

DS has the Playmo one, but I got up for work at the crack of dawn this morning so didn't see him open it.

I shall guess at a playmo post box grin

SnowMuchToBits Sat 01-Dec-12 08:31:38

The knights one is actually from a couple of years ago, but I managed to get one from Amazon. I knew it was the one he wanted. smile

INeedThatForkOff Sat 01-Dec-12 10:21:53

Well I put DD's calendar together so I know anyway, but today she had a play-doh rolling pin.

INeedThatForkOff Sat 01-Dec-12 10:22:42

A pic of a church in her 'proper' nativity one.

Clandy Sat 01-Dec-12 12:52:59

I had a Santa today - shared between me, dh and dd1! She got a drumstick lolly and instructions to write a letter to Santa.

ValiumQueen Sat 01-Dec-12 16:10:23

Directions to find the Christmas tree for in their room, and choc coins. I do my own the night before dependent on weather, energy etc.

The tree is pink and they love it. Batteries are flat, so may have them tomorrow, under supervision in case DD2 tries to eat them.

YoHoHoAndABottleOfSherry Sat 01-Dec-12 16:16:58

DD1 got a playmobil tree with two squirrels.

DD2 has one customised by me, she got a playmobil 123 squirrel.

SummerRain Netherlands Sat 01-Dec-12 16:57:29

A postbox here too

CheerMum Sat 01-Dec-12 17:25:17

I got a Lego Friends Olivia and dd got a Lego City Fireman, the two cats got choccy treats, as did the dog and Dh!

DianaTrent Sat 01-Dec-12 17:41:38

DD got a Playmobil explorer man. She has the dinosaur advent calendar and is very excited by it. We assembled the scenery a little while ago.

SantasBlotto Sat 01-Dec-12 17:53:50

A mini bottle of Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb grin

MonsterBookOfTinsel Sat 01-Dec-12 18:25:49

Hello SnowMuch grin
Ds has a moshi monster toy advent calendar. He got a white reindeer looking Moshling.
Dd has a Zhu zhu hamster one, she got a hamster.
Mine blush had some chocolate in it and a bell picture smile

DS1 got a playmobil letterbox.

DS2 is 5 months so a bit young smile

Taffeta Sat 01-Dec-12 18:35:22

Hi SnowMuch smile

DS got a weeny Lindt chocolate reindeer
DD got a reindeer/unicorn (reinicorn?) Moshi thing

They were both delighted

When is good to set up the scenery? I have a feeling it will get destroyed before the big day.

Taffeta Sat 01-Dec-12 18:36:30

<high-fives Monster>

Its a reinicorn, dahlink wink

Playmobil postbox

Picture of bells <Wowser>

Milkybar ... With pic of a tree

Kirstoll Sat 01-Dec-12 18:52:57

Why didn't I get a mini bottle of flower bomb?!?!? Where do u get this said advent calendar from?!?!?

MonsterBookOfTinsel Sat 01-Dec-12 18:53:06

Hi 5s Taff!
A reinicorn, how cool.
I think ds has misplaced his already grin

Taffeta Sat 01-Dec-12 19:02:46

DD I made it up

Tikkabillajive Sat 01-Dec-12 20:04:22

Hi SnowMuch!

DS has the Playmobil dinosaur one too - he got an 'alcheologist' who he has called Oliver. Oliver has already been on several adventures around the house and had a wee in the river on the cardboard scenery hmm.

DD chose the Playmobil princess wedding one which she admits is a bit sappy (plus we already have several Playmobil wedding cakes!) but she was pleased with her princess today.

We also have a hanging one with pockets - today was DS's turn and he got a rubber in the shape of a frog which he was VERY pleased with.

SantasBlotto Sat 01-Dec-12 21:27:39

It's brill - it's the Selfridges Beauty Advent. I've wanted one for yearsandyearsandyears... and this year I was finally good enough. I made a coooooooooo noise like a pigeon when I opened the first door hmm <twat> grin

HappyTurquoise Sat 01-Dec-12 22:37:11

We all got a chocolate heart, and an earth magnet. :D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now