What are your 12 year old girls getting as their main presents this year?

(79 Posts)
sweetheart Fri 23-Nov-12 16:54:02

I've got plenty of stocking type ideas for dd this year but I'm really stuck with her main present. What will your dd's be getting this year please?

surburbiangolddust Fri 23-Nov-12 17:35:45

Cd player with iPod dock (very reasonable £40 at John Lewis), curling tongs, art stuff, and a green screen (she's into making films)
Hope that helps with ideas...... grin

slavetocat Fri 23-Nov-12 17:47:50

Ipod Touch and Lego- Tower Bridge.

penguinplease Fri 23-Nov-12 17:56:52

Kindle!

Snog Fri 23-Nov-12 19:15:58

a rescue cat and a second hand bike

cilldara Sat 24-Nov-12 00:01:18

Horse riding lessons.

sausagesandwich34 Sat 24-Nov-12 00:03:12

a tv for her bedroom (asda special)

Earlybird Sat 24-Nov-12 00:04:52

kindle (from relatives) and a proper 'grown up' bicycle.

surburbiangolddust would you mind linking to the green screen please?

AudrinaAdare Sat 24-Nov-12 01:27:39

Jack Wills hoodie lined with Shergar or whatever. They saw me coming hmm I did get 30% off though, and DD won't be wanting this sort of mainstream stuff in a couple of years time. Plus I didn't have to buy her a coat this year because every child in secondary have been issued with a regulation one.

AudrinaAdare Sat 24-Nov-12 10:50:05

Sherpa-lined hoody! Bloody hell.

I would also like a link to the green screen please as I've used up all my birthday ideas for Christmas.

Of course if the Jack Wills hoodie was lined with Shergar, that would go some way to explaining the exorbitant price! grin dsd2 is getting Kindle Fire HD

Sparklytinsel Sat 24-Nov-12 10:57:30

A new phone and some speakers for her iPod touch.

2kidsintow Sat 24-Nov-12 15:04:39

A TV for her bedroom, with buily in DVD player as hers has died.

Went for a 19" one from Tesco for £98. Came out with a 22" one for £97. Bargain!

VivaLeBeaver Sat 24-Nov-12 19:46:24

Dd is just a few weeks off been 12. A bat detector and a Stackers jewellery box

phlebas Sat 24-Nov-12 19:52:59

pile of books (fiction & cookery), bag (cath kidston), ds game, necklace (charm from etsy) & some money. I considered a kindle for her but she reads on the way to & from school & I'd worry it would get lost/broken at school.

Earlybird Sat 24-Nov-12 20:21:00

Viva - what is a bat detector?

VivaLeBeaver Sat 24-Nov-12 20:31:28

It's like a sonic detector thingy which picks up bat noises and converts them to audible sounds. The frequency you pick them up at tells you which bat species it is. We have lots of bats in our garden, dd loves watching them.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 24-Nov-12 20:32:41
AudrinaAdare Sat 24-Nov-12 20:45:56

2blessed grin - I knew Shergar wasn't quite right when I typed it last night blush

The bat thing looks good too.

Earlybird Sat 24-Nov-12 22:17:24

Viva - thanks for explanation and link. Must admit I didn't know such things existed!

BadRoly Sat 24-Nov-12 22:18:26

My 11yo (I know, she's not 12) is getting a camera (she asked for one) from us.

evilhamster Sat 24-Nov-12 22:37:46

My 12yo just wants money. Oh, and rats.

She wants money because she can then buy an Ipad and she wants a Hollister top, but likes an Abercrombie and Fitch one too, but would settle for H&M hmm

She'll probably manage to spend all her money on the Ipad and possibly get an H&M top because I don't dare enter Hollister (online or the actual store) and we couldn't afford to anyway.

And the rats. We'll be getting two rats. We already have three. I can't say no because she buys everything and cleans them out twice a week even though she only needs to do it once every week and a half or so, plays with them for hours, teaches them tricks and the cage won't cost us anything (we have an unused one currently).

My 10yo is getting many sets of lego, including the monster mansion aswell as a stocking full of goodies & a tablet.
I'm getting pet rats for myselfsmile

notso Sat 24-Nov-12 23:40:52

DD really wants an Ipad but we have said it's way too much for an individual present plus we have issues with her internet use at the moment.We told her if she saves half by her birthday we will pay the other half.
So then she asked for funky nail varnish, coloured jeans, hollister or jack wills clothes and a one direction CD.

We are getting her, TV/DVD combi (she thinks she's not allowed one until she's 16) a Jack Wills hoody, T-shirt, bag and water bottle (30% off grin) a hollister hoody and t-shirt, funky nail varnish, coloured jeans, new converse, and a signed 1D CD from amazon black friday. Have done well for my money this year thanks to the bargainous chistmas present thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now