The third bargain Christmas gift ideas thread

(958 Posts)
reastie Sat 13-Oct-12 18:36:31

You lot are just giving too many good ideas out, we've filled the last thread grin

New one here thanks for all the ideas so far, I've spent saved a fortune wink

BuffyFairy Sat 13-Oct-12 20:18:41

More reductions on Happyland? I can't cope! Bought half a village already grin

That mothercare 20% off code has expired. I'm going to attempt the molton brown offer tonight.

gussiegrips Sat 13-Oct-12 20:18:44

sitting down, mouse at the ready...thanks for the thread, luuurve it

beingginger Sat 13-Oct-12 20:30:14

Marking place

BlameItOnTheCuervForHumanBlood Sat 13-Oct-12 20:46:04

I have bought my nephew a paper jamz guitar (only £7.50 on amazon) do I need to ge anything else to go with it? An amp or something?

LexieSinclair Sat 13-Oct-12 20:51:20

Marking place smile

ChristmasKate Sat 13-Oct-12 21:01:37

Does the guitar need to be plugged into this

I've bought this, it's smaller than I expected (good news) but I have resisted the drums and guitar, my nerves can't cope!

Zorra Sat 13-Oct-12 21:02:48

I love this thread! Just went to the spicery and bought 24 of the teaspoon sized spice samples to make my BF's advent calendar smile

Sarae2201 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:03:33

Don't know if its already been said but 20% of Early learning centre online using code: FRVY valid until the 15th October

ChristmasKate Sat 13-Oct-12 21:03:43

Oh gawd the drums have dropped to £5 googles ear plugs

Looby12 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:08:56

marking place

ChristmasKate Sat 13-Oct-12 21:11:14

I think it's a good idea to repost this on the new thread especially as I have just linked to the Entertainer site above.

I checked my online banking today and the Entertainer had taken payment of my order twice.

I called customer services with my order number and advisor was great and said they will refund me on Monday morning but my bank may take upto 5 working days to credit my account so I'm now £100 down.

Worth checking.

rhondajean Sat 13-Oct-12 21:13:17

Seriously debating a set of those drums for dd1.

She's just appeared with a list of about a dozen t shirts which apparently she cannot live without.

Sigh.

LauraPashley Sat 13-Oct-12 21:22:50

sunnyday thank you so much for the heads up on the barbie, dd has been going on about that for ages! Xmas shopping officially started grin

Aspiemum2 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:32:06

Christmaskate, that happened to me except they took payment 3 times (for £130). Was a nightmare to get back although my bank was great.
Today they've refunded all 3 payments!! Sure that 1 will go back out though

devonsmummy Sat 13-Oct-12 21:34:58

Marking my place grin

PixieHot Sat 13-Oct-12 21:39:42

Can anyone please link to drums? I think that DS would love some, but he's only 2 and the only drum pad thing that I've seen had bullet holes on it grin.

Vickles Sat 13-Oct-12 21:40:22

Argos Ebay Outlet, loads of bargains... Check out the toy section...

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Argos-Outlet

OhTheConfusion Sat 13-Oct-12 21:42:08

Oooo thread number three!!!

A huge thank you to HokeyCokey for the £30 off code, I just ordered DH some new converse for £30!

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 13-Oct-12 21:45:18

grin that's excellent OhTheConfusion that's such a good code, even dh was impressed with that one!

Aspiemum2 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:46:18

What code? slight panic at maybe missing a bargain grin

ChristmasKate Sat 13-Oct-12 21:47:11

Aspie all 3 might be a good will gesture if your lucky.

The lady I spoke to said it hasn't happened before so I explained that I only used their site via a recommendation from a well known parenting forum and that it has happened over the last few weeks.

I joked that the bad publicity even virally could be damaging as we have a habit of tweeting our displeasure and getting our own way and she asked if she could take my telephone number so a manager could speak to me on Monday grin

Iirc wasn't it John Lewis & the undelivered bed the most recent thread where we ended up with customer services on the thread and on twitter? love it

BlameItOnTheCuervForHumanBlood Sat 13-Oct-12 21:48:03

Ah, thank you. I bought the microphone for ds, might give it to dn instead

ChristmasKate Sat 13-Oct-12 21:49:02

pixe the link is my googles ear plugs one up thread.

Aspiemum2 Sat 13-Oct-12 21:52:35

Haha, well I hope you get more than the half hearted apology I got. I was mortified when my card was rejected in tesco when I should have had money available (they cleared that account)
Luckily I had another form of payment but imagine if I didn't, 4 kids and a week with no money?

The stuff I bought arrived fine, really pleased with it but scared to buy from them again.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Sat 13-Oct-12 21:53:37

Aspie i was on the JL bed thread, i tweeted and they contacted me as well. We got that MN a new bed the same day!!

FWIW i have used The Entertainer for years and never had a problem.

LaRedoute £30 off a £60 spend code is 0280.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now