Women shouldn't have free tampons because bladders?!?!!

(101 Posts)
Dervel Tue 18-Oct-16 18:44:14

www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teenage-meninist-sparks-fury-anti-9067035.amp?client=safari

This guy is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

Matchstickbox Tue 18-Oct-16 18:45:31

Oh this made me laugh so much earlier and a little angry.

What a twat!

BusyNothings Tue 18-Oct-16 18:46:27

yeah i was definitely like wha? wha? why is this guy so stupid? Then i got more angry at the paper for bloody writing it! lol dont feed the trolls!

AdoraBell Tue 18-Oct-16 18:47:39

Can't open link on phone so will have to read later.

donajimena Tue 18-Oct-16 18:50:19

Oh I can't get angry at that! The sheer stupidity. He has my deepest sympathies!

Arfarfanarf Tue 18-Oct-16 18:50:37

It's absolutely crackers.

Either he is taking the piss or he actually believes women bleed from their bladders.

Which means he thinks babies grow in bladders hmm

Or he doesnt know that a period is womb lining.

He has a girlfriend. I mean, how?

What's worrying is apparently he's had messages from men agreeing with him.

So there are men out there who think a period comes from the bladder, comes out like a wee and know nothing about reproduction.

Fucking scary.

pinkyredrose Tue 18-Oct-16 18:50:49

Omg! He must be doing it for a joke, surely no-one could be that dim!

paddypants13 Tue 18-Oct-16 18:53:01

Someone had posted a link to this on my FB earlier. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at his stupidity.

I wonder what his mum and girlfriend have said.

AmeliaJack Tue 18-Oct-16 18:55:10

Goodness.

I'm feeling pretty sorry for his girlfriend, for a whole range of reasons.

My 8 yo son understands basic female biology - how to you get to 19yo without knowing this?

KP86 Tue 18-Oct-16 18:56:07

DH just said this is why you can't cut education funding. Lol.

AmeliaJack Tue 18-Oct-16 18:57:35

Do you think there's a GSCE biology teacher out there somewhere banging their head off a desk?

BusyNothings Tue 18-Oct-16 18:58:05

pinky no! this is the second story ive heard like this recently. there was one guy who thought his girlfriend was dying because she bled during her period. He didnt know women actually bled he thought it was an urban legend!

Lottapianos Tue 18-Oct-16 18:58:49

Teenage meninist? Hold your periods in???!!! Don't know whether to laugh or cry, maybe a bit of both...

HalloToJasonIsaacs Tue 18-Oct-16 19:00:29

It's a tragic indictment of school sex ed. Mind you it doesn't surprise me - my brother who isn't actually thick assumed as a teen after sitting through his school sex ed lessons that women would only need to use 12 sanitary towels per year because it would all come out in one go. I can actually believe that school biology lessons are too busy showing you an average monthly 80 ml of blue tinted liquid in a beaker what don't tell you the vital practical facts that it's more or less constant for X days and outside the woman's control during that time.

Arfarfanarf Tue 18-Oct-16 19:01:36

I bet there is, amelia!

In fact they could all use this as a learning opportunity

Print of this idiot's beliefs and explain why he's totally wrong and laugh at him.

MooPointCowsOpinion Tue 18-Oct-16 19:03:10

He also thinks that ending the tax on tampons makes them free .

He doesn't even know how tax works.

And his vote is worth the same as mine. Huh.

Arfarfanarf Tue 18-Oct-16 19:03:59

We need to make sure our sons know this stuff.
Mine are 16 and 17 and have known about periods for years. It's a pretty basic thing that all men should know.

Akire Tue 18-Oct-16 19:05:12

Is that his real name? Good luck getting googled rest of your life! If we did bled from bladders how would you just bleed blood or just pee yourself? Does he think tampon absorb like half pint at a time?

ErrolTheDragon Tue 18-Oct-16 19:06:16

Is this a typical example of 'meninist' erudition?

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

DownWithThisSortaThing Tue 18-Oct-16 19:08:47

I saw this earlier and thought he has to be on the wind up. There is no way anyone is so stupid. Is there?

Arfarfanarf Tue 18-Oct-16 19:09:57

Yes

VestalVirgin Tue 18-Oct-16 19:10:07

He has a girlfriend. I mean, how?

Very low self-esteem? The poor girl must be really desperate for some semblance of affection.

Cocolepew Tue 18-Oct-16 19:11:09

Why did his GF not put him straight?
Does she not know how periods work either?

Passmethecrisps Tue 18-Oct-16 19:11:13

He is a tragic, attention seeking wee prick that is for sure.

But can I just point out that he was probably borne of two parents who likely understood the difference between a uterus and a bladder and who could have taught him this.

His utter bawbaggery is NOTHING to do with poor state sex education. Parents should be taking a role as well.

Soubriquet Tue 18-Oct-16 19:12:53

God, if it wasn't so stupid I would cry

How on earth does he think women just hold it in?

He is a complete twat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now