Small possibility of thunderstorms tomorrow.

(35 Posts)

With a very hot day in store tomorrow and a little trough and very weak cold front crossing down the eastern side there's potential for some storms to kick off tomorrow afternoon and into the evening. Primary risk area is Lincolnshire through Bedfordshire.

southeastastra Fri 12-Jul-13 08:03:30

ooh love it!

they did say tomorrow was going to be the hottest day of the year (london radio)

usualsuspect Fri 12-Jul-13 08:08:09

Err, I'm off camping tomorrow, how's Suffolk looking? Don't fancy putting my tent up in a thunder storm grin

nancy75 Fri 12-Jul-13 08:09:55

Hi, it's my dd's birthday on sunday and we are having a party in the garden, every weather website i look at tells me different weather! Would you mind giving your opinion on Sundays weather fro Bromley (kent/se london) smile

NoComet Fri 12-Jul-13 08:12:51

Boo, wrong side of the country, I like watching lightning.

Sea - so far!!! (Lots of potential for even hotter weather!)

At the moment Suffolk isn't very much at risk and it probably will escape it (though things can always change!)

Sunday doesn't look baking, quite a step down from Sundays temps for most, especially in far SE. Some cloud about too.

But in saying that temps will still be very pleasant!

usualsuspect Fri 12-Jul-13 08:43:13

Pleasant will do, thank you smile

TweenageAngst Fri 12-Jul-13 08:45:52

Oh good I am also camping in Suffolk this weekend. Thank you kitten I much prefer your weather reports to the BBC ones. grin

PestoSwimissimos Fri 12-Jul-13 08:46:52

Hi Kitten, it's decidedly chilly this morning down here near Brighton. You sure it's gonna warm up?

Also, I don't suppose we will get those thunderstorms here...?

Thank you smile

It is going to warm up later but not hugely Pesto - maybe 20C? A little warmer tomorrow, but you do escape the most of the heat. If you go further inland it will be much warmer. central southern England may scrape a 32C I think.

PestoSwimissimos Fri 12-Jul-13 08:55:24

Thanks, I always now if it's cold out coz our tortoises stay in their houses and don't venture out grin

valiumredhead Fri 12-Jul-13 08:56:02

Oh great,I love a good storm!

ExcuseTypos Fri 12-Jul-13 09:03:15

We are off to Cornwall a week on Saturday, for 2 weeks.

I therefore fully expect the heat wave to end thengrin

Although coastal areas (including cornwall) may well be cooler than the rest of England and Wales, theres no sign of the summer vanishing until at least the 23rd in the latest GFS model!

ExcuseTypos Fri 12-Jul-13 09:27:35

Oh thank you BadKitten. That's very encouraging!

Latest models have moved away from the idea of storms tomorrow.

fatsatsuma Sat 13-Jul-13 08:40:47

What about storms on Wednesday kitten?

Was coming on here to say that fatsatsuma grin central southern England looks like a likely area at present.

Risk for storms hasn't vanished today. Risk area I think is Yorkshire give or take a county!

valiumredhead Sat 13-Jul-13 16:15:25

I'd love a storm right now!grin

Is it a storm near the wash currently? Can see an isolated orange blob on the radar which looks a little interesting.

RoseFlowerFairy Sat 13-Jul-13 19:06:17

Shame no let up on the heat. I prefer pleasant.

No real let up on heat unless you are in coastal fringe counties (eg Kent, Cornwall etc) wont be quite so hot for some over the next couple of days, but only by about 3C

VivaLeBeaver Sat 13-Jul-13 19:10:54

A friend of mine is near Boston so that's the wash isn't it? She's put on FB that its raining and there's been a bit of thunder.

It is smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now