TAKE ACTION! What should we all be doing to prepare for the snow?

(62 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Thu 17-Jan-13 15:19:24

I have been very busy, I have got the snow shovel out of the shed. grin

Anyone got any tips though?

Apologies to all who have already been deluged but please join in.

PoppyWearer Thu 17-Jan-13 19:46:43

<adds plums to shopping list>

digerd Thu 17-Jan-13 20:30:57

What's a snow plough? Only seen them in Germany, but never here. South Herts. Wish I'd bought more stuff last Saturday from corner shop as I am on foot.

We had one go past us on the main road earlier! Nothing to plough so it must have been getting in to position.

determinedma Thu 17-Jan-13 21:33:25

Do nothing. Its only snow ffs and will be gone in a few days!

Sparklingbrook Thu 17-Jan-13 21:43:35

Thanks for your input determined most helpful.

determinedma Thu 17-Jan-13 21:45:48

You're welcome grin

morethanpotatoprints Thu 17-Jan-13 21:55:26

Nothing. grin

I may need to go and find my Calvin and Hobbes books grin

Unfortunately, the DC and I can generally only keep our tempers with each other for long enough to make very conventional snowmen.

zenaprincesswarrior Fri 18-Jan-13 10:28:26

Get a new sledge! Getting an inflatable ring one for the kids found here smile

AngryFeet Fri 18-Jan-13 10:38:09

I will be doing nothing. My normal weekly shop should be delivered at 1pm (fingers crossed) then I will pick the kids up from school and stay at home all weekend. I have lots of cleaning and decluttering to do due to imminent house move so was planning to stay home anyway. Now I can chuck the kids in the garden for most of the day and enjoy the peace smile

zena - depends where you live, but on virgin snow (so not compressed) my DC have found the inflatable ring sledge disappointing. If you live somewhere where there are enough children to get a nice compacted fast slope going, then it will be fantastic.

digerd Fri 18-Jan-13 12:34:16

My male neighbour,< 70 this year and as fit as a fiddle> has cleared his short driveway and front path and put grit down, but looks very wet. Don't know if he put salt down as well. The last 2 years he has done mine as well, but not today, I have just noticed. I am younger than him but nowhere near as strong and fit. I've just been out walking the dog < not for long>, but was not slippery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now