Who has snow at the moment?

(322 Posts)
wibblyjelly Sat 12-Jan-13 16:03:11

Just wondering if its on its way down to us in London.

<stomps feet> I want snow!!!

We had a tiny bit yesterday that is almost gone again. It was snowing as I drove home from work so I very excitedly drove past DCs preschool, parked the car at home, put on wellies and warm gloves and dragged the sledge with me to pick them up. They were delighted, but it was bloody hard work dragging it over a few flakes I can tell you. The noise was hideous and I dread to look at the underside of the sledge now as it is probably horribly scratched.
We're in West Sweden, just above Gothenburg. Freezing temps here for a few days though. Feels bitter!

Abitwobblynow Sat 12-Jan-13 19:47:25

Oh Digerd I miss UK so much!

Nothing, but nothing beats Christmas in england. Nothing. Christmas dinner (drool), the bronze free range organic turkeys hand reared by the Queen, bread sauce, you don't get bread sauce anywhere else, chipolatas - chipolatas!, carols from Cambridge (always sob at that unearthly treble), holly, ivy, spruce, being snug by the woodburner when it is chucking it down outside, a wreath on the door. The sounds and the smells of all of that. Brussels sprouts (sobbing now)

Aaaaah! NOTHING beats the UK in December!

DizzyHoneyBee Sat 12-Jan-13 19:50:41

I want either no snow or enough that work is closed....anything else is a pain in the neck.

wibblyjelly Sat 12-Jan-13 19:50:42

surrondedbyblondes, I used to live in Stockholm. We used to get epic amounts of snow, probably why I'm so eager to have some over here!

Tiggles Sat 12-Jan-13 19:53:01

Had about a centimetre in N. Wales this morning (up a mountain though, not sure about down in the valleys).

digerd Sat 12-Jan-13 19:59:52

Oh ABIT - I too had home-sickness while living abroad. I don't have a wood burner, though.

hpsaucy Sat 12-Jan-13 20:09:10

nothing here is Essex

I'm in kent and we have none sad

Im in Haworth, West Yorkshire. Nothing yet sad

IAmLouisWalsh Sat 12-Jan-13 20:52:18

No, no, no, no, no.

It is not allowed. I have a three hour train journey to make on Monday.

Nothing in North Staffordshire!

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Sat 12-Jan-13 21:39:23

None in South Taffy-land grin..... yet!

LemonMousse Sat 12-Jan-13 21:42:05

A light dusting here in Co. Durham but it seems to have stopped now. We are fairly high up in the hills here so I can't speak for the rest of the NE of England - we always have a different weather system here grin

MirandaWest Sat 12-Jan-13 21:43:29

Nothing near York.

3littlerabbits Sat 12-Jan-13 22:01:01

Nowt in central london!

spokeswoman Sat 12-Jan-13 22:04:08

Nothing in Cumbria

Nothing in Essex!

Pretty sure we won't get any here in SE Cornwall. DH has to go up country on Monday for work and looking at the weather forecasts I expect he might be stuck there for a day or two... boo.

We have had to put the heating on this evening though. We don't usually bother except for a half hour blast in the morning and again at kids bathtime, but this evening it's chilly enough to have it on.

proudmummyGemma Sat 12-Jan-13 22:20:39

Nothing but rain in Havant in hampshire ! Xx

Lollybrolly Sat 12-Jan-13 22:23:59

Just rain rain and more rain here in Wales sad

Piemistress Sat 12-Jan-13 22:34:06

Only rain here sad NE Scotland

ironhorse Sat 12-Jan-13 22:48:53

east coat of scotland here, nothing at all its been quite windy here all day but dry, been out in the garden all morning clearing up leaves then out for a walk this afternoon

Ange1972 Sat 12-Jan-13 23:02:20

Nothing in cumbria x

Choccyjules Sun 13-Jan-13 00:15:46

No snow in Cambs

I'm in Leeds and its snowing less then a mile away up the road but not near me confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now