So, where SHOULD you buy horses from?

(178 Posts)
JessyLou32 Sun 10-Feb-13 17:39:43

So those of you who have good amazing safe sane horses, where did you find them?!

I'm also questioning whether to buy at all, or just continue to share and loan.

:-0 wish mine behaved that well after even 3 weeks off!!! We went out on Monday & spent the whole ride jogging sideways & putting in mini bucks. Give her her dues though she didn't go anywhere even though she reaaaallllly wanted too!

Pixel Mon 25-Feb-13 20:41:55

Is it this one? He's absolutely stunning! (the rider is good too).

saintmerryweather Mon 25-Feb-13 20:22:31

theres an interesting video on youtube of someone getting on a horse after 6 weeks of being in the field and riding it out straight away and expecting it to behave. thought this wasnt the done thing according to the experts???

Just putting it out there....

I wonder troll... do you actually own a ' hobnobs' horse?

lastsaloonNelson Mon 25-Feb-13 00:04:26

Well I see it this way,at least I and the others on here are not just out to silence anyone just because we don't agree with them. I'd like to think I have enough ammunition to back up my argument and a strong enough backbone to carry whatever you throw at me.
Yeah I may have come up with some childish remarks,but you have to adapt to the language that's used in an argument in order to be heard. I'm fluent in 5 languages so my brain is used to that exercise.

There have been comments,and dare I say personal attacks,on here by you disliketrolls, that would have easily justified deletion by HQ,but I'm a grown up so find it easy enough to brush them aside.

Just out of curiosity trolls how do you deal with people in real life when they disagree with you or differ in opinion? When there's no HQ to delete the conversation?

I don't know where you get the idea from that we 'suck up to each other' either.
People agreeing with each other and pulling together to stand up to a bully isn't quite the same in my book.

If you hang around in 'the tack room' for a bit you may see the same people that are agreeing on this page disagreeing on a different subject. It's called an exchange of opinions.Read up some time,who knows,you might learn something.

I for one often find it very interesting and believe it or not I only very rarely comment.I read and learn. Just felt strong enough about this particular 'event' to feel the need to get involved.

I wish you well troll despite everything. Change your name/attitude,join in and who knows you might see the light one day.

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 24-Feb-13 23:54:44

so this is very much a case of whats good for the goose not being whats good for the gander then troll

i thought you said you were going?

self imposed - not like getting banned and prevented from saying your piece though is it?

very unlike the noblets then. Here difference of opinion tends to be allowed. Arf at clicky group - do you understand the word "irony" at all?

WillowKnicks Sun 24-Feb-13 23:15:42

Well, whatever your opinion of us & our lives & tastes in TV hmm, you have had your say & your comments have been allowed to stand. Oh & by the way troll hunting is breaking mnhq guidelines...aww I'm telling on you!!!! grin

saintmerryweather Sun 24-Feb-13 23:12:20

I agree with disliketrolls shock it is like being back at school.

On one side you have all the bitchy girls who are so busy trying to suck up to the "Queen Bee" they can't see that they way they are behaving is wrong, and that they are also to blame for the bullying and the wrong doing. Then you have the ones who don't fit in because of their beliefs, or just because of how they are, but who are secure enough in themselves to stand up for what is right and to help others see that too.

I know which side of the playground I'd rather be on. Oh and just so you know, although I'm on Mumsnet, I'm single with no children, mid 20's and work full time. So not a bored housewife out to cause trouble then?

disliketrolls Sun 24-Feb-13 22:50:04

Nope its you lot who have the brown noses ,carry on dont let me interupt your sucking up to each other. I dislike trolls and refuse to feed you any longer (I have a life ,a very good one )and I will not waste any more time on sad individuals or your little clicky group ... Would like to say its been nice conversing but it hasn't its been like being back in the playground although as I have said you are worse than children at least children have time to change and regret things you are supposed to be ADULT try acting like one !

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 24-Feb-13 22:20:44

pot, kettle, came to my mind too strangely enough.

no solidarity on the noblet page then? oh...no just fawning sycophants. not sugar coating in sight....oh. hang on a minute....

lastsaloonNelson Sun 24-Feb-13 22:19:22

High five! brew 's all round. We have our thread back. Just for your information ........ I have a terrible sweet tooth grin grin

Managed to not get thread pulled!! <hands out chocs>

WillowKnicks Sun 24-Feb-13 22:12:45

quite amusing just how much you sugar coat each other

That comment made me join behind&
I very nearly did a little wee!! Old kettle & pot again.

Now now, that is a topic for friday night surely? grin

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 24-Feb-13 22:09:16

i thought sugar coating each other sounded a bit kinky....grin

Sugarcoat eachother? Mmm, nope, this is a nest of vipers dontcha know...

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 24-Feb-13 22:01:04

"my words are mine and mine alone".....deep man.

smile

disliketrolls Sun 24-Feb-13 21:56:34

I "come out at night " because I work lateshift this being the exception because its my day off ,its quite amusing just how much you sugar coat each other ... whatever floats your boat I suppose, will leave you to you own devices its getting tedious now ,children dont act as silly as you lot do.I will say this though I dont go rounding up other coblets to agree with me my words are mine and mine alone ,I dont feel the need to "hunt in packs " maybe I should change my name to lonewolf or something ..............

WillowKnicks Sun 24-Feb-13 21:53:01

Yep vicarthat's about it in a nutshell...and we get accused of having no life for commenting on a forum when ermmm what are they doing on Queen Poops page grin.

I can even see that they didn't want their little world page being sullied by truth negativity, fair enough (even though it's a public forum...allegedly) but let us have our say on here, within the law of course (suck upto mnhq there lol)

I can't trampoline for toffee, well not unless i wear incontinence pads, granny knickers and have spare clothes at the ready blush

(we will ignore the fact that my norks knock me out on the first bounce)

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 24-Feb-13 21:13:24

so....if i have this right then.
If we post something "unfavourable" on noblet page we get pulled and we get banned. So all looks sweetness and light on there then.

and they can hunt in packs scouring the entire interweb for these comments and whine until they are pulled and we get called sad and without lives? dont think im the one sniffing around every forum just waiting for someone to diss the queen....

and last i checked i had a job. a full time one and everything.

mmmmmmm.

by the way the shoe shop is just 'safe clogs', the bakers needs renaming "softcobs" - no "my" in front of it....thats a different shop entirely....

Mirage Sun 24-Feb-13 19:44:09

He he! I agree.I've got no problems with people getting their kicks from watching videos or joining a club.But have a hatred of bullying and injustice and do not like being told what I can and can't say.Brings me out all bloody minded and stubborn.

Pixel Sun 24-Feb-13 19:31:14

Me too 50 as long as we don't count trampolining

50BalesOfHay Sun 24-Feb-13 19:15:22

Oi lastsaloonNelson, with the incontinence remarks at older women. Sorry, but not having that. <knickersstilldryatfiftyone>

Agree completely with what Willow said.
And (being charitable) I can completely see the appeal of the videos, it allows people like me (who have not ridden for years for various health related reasons) to have an 'armchair' ride.
But the gullability of some hobnobs, and the way they cannot see their beloved queen biscuit is acting somewhat unfairly was grating. Add to that the running to mnhq every time something was said really stuck in my throat.

Anyroad, have had a lovely half term, dd has spent a fair bit of it at the stables and has come home full of the joys of all the new things she has learnt and the independence she has been given by the lovely yard owner and riding instructors.

If she keeps up like this I will commence operation Cobby Solid Pony for dd within the next year. (and even if I never ride again, I shall once again be involved in caring for and loving a horse and I cannot wait! grin)

lastsaloon purple tulips are my fave, they featured prominently in my wedding bouquet and I just cannot get enough of them!

lastsaloonNelson Sun 24-Feb-13 19:09:18

Yet we are being portrayed as the bullies eh Pixel confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now