Does anyone else's dog eat used tissues?

(29 Posts)
Saltire Tue 05-Feb-13 11:41:48

He's 5 now and takes used tissues out of the bin, or iff DSes have left them lying from surfaces and eats them.

When he was a puppy he was a horrendous chewer, chewed everything from socks to plasterboard, wooden skirting boards and books. This all stopped when he was about 18 months, but the tissue thing has remained constant.

is it usual, or is it a Border Collie trait?

LoveDogs Tue 05-Feb-13 19:20:33

All three of ours have done this, 2 German Shepard x border collies and a cocker spaniel x, the dirtier the better!
The most recent addition the cocker spaniel x also fancies herself as the Andrex dog!

Saltire Tue 05-Feb-13 21:44:44

Our dog usually chews toys too, plastic rubber thing that mIl keeps buying him. But he has a teddy. he loves teddy, it gets cuddled in bed and licked and played with. It is now 2 years that he has had it and never once has it been ripped to shreds.
Oh and here he comes now with another tissue from the bin! FGS

WTFwasthat Tue 05-Feb-13 22:38:22

yep, my lab x age 6 months is partial to a tissue. Actually he is partial to anythign made of paper grin

SelfRighteousPrissyPants Wed 06-Feb-13 10:04:24

Yeah my staffy X springer pup loves them. She runs upstairs to nick them out of the bin and shred them under my bed.

The worst thing she chewed was a (probably used) condom by a car park/ playground last week though shock I wanted to bleach her mouth and my hands!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now