Big Fat gypsy Valentine

(59 Posts)
zookeeper Mon 11-Feb-13 21:09:43

Anyone watching? It's my guilty pleasure..

SuckingDiesel Tue 12-Feb-13 06:38:35

Tiny gene pool so lack of variation might have something to do with Them all having similar body types. There is a theory that no Irish Traveller is more than a second cousin from any other Irish Traveller (can't speak for Gypsies and other Traveller groups).

valiumredhead Tue 12-Feb-13 12:44:39

Both dh and I both thought the corset dress was so much nicer than the ones made in the series - it was over the top but looked beautifully made. I always thing the other ones look a bit thrown together.

Booyhoo Tue 12-Feb-13 15:01:46

valium do you mean compared to the dresses thelma madine made? i agree. thelmas dresses always looked like cheap stage costumes to me but last night's dress was gorgeous. i wonder how thelma feels about a new dressmaker arriving on the scene.

SuckingDiesel Tue 12-Feb-13 15:41:09

Thelma doesn't make every Traveller wedding dress...despite what she'd like people to believe. There are plenty of dressmakers and plenty of Traveller girls who don't want to wear a 20 stone wedding dress.

Booyhoo Tue 12-Feb-13 15:50:48

oh, yes i know that. i meant, i wonder how she feels about a new dressmaker getting camera time as previously she has been the only one getting any publicity.

valiumredhead Tue 12-Feb-13 15:58:22

Yes boo I did mean that, the corset one looked far better quality.

LaVolcan Wed 13-Feb-13 07:55:22

The corset one may have looked better quality, but it was still stupidly heavy.

Nancy66 Wed 13-Feb-13 10:52:13

I'm sure Brendan has been in other shows. He's just a thick spud-face thug.

Lots of domestic violence within gypsy marriages

Booyhoo Wed 13-Feb-13 13:35:20

yes he was in at least one previous show nancy. i remember his spud face. i think it was with the same girl at the very start of their relationship. i think they were out for a meal and her younger sister had to come along to chaperone. might be mixing them up with another couple though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now