Eastenders - wasn't expecting Max...(Possible spoiler alert)

(98 Posts)
MyLittleAprilSunshine Tue 25-Dec-12 21:50:26

... to be married to someone else as the person that Derek was 'paying off'. Man Derek turned pretty damn nasty towards the end of that episode. I bet everyone thought he was faking it at the end. I was grin Joey was the first one to go and make sure he was alright.

What did everyone else think of tonights episode?

dexter73 Tue 25-Dec-12 21:55:02

I thought it was quite good. Wasn't expecting Max to be married and didn't think Derek would die from a heart attack.

Fairylea Tue 25-Dec-12 21:57:19

I nearly died of boredom. Seemed so random I was really disappointed sad

MikeLitorisHasChristmasLights Tue 25-Dec-12 21:59:15

I was expecting there to be more secrets being revealed.

Also thought it would be a murder rather than a heart attack.

LynetteScavo Tue 25-Dec-12 22:00:05

What happened at the end?

(I had to go up to deal with poorly coughing DD and missed the end)

HalleLoujainHomelandWonderland Tue 25-Dec-12 22:01:15

I thought it was going to be murder but he had a heart attack and died.

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Tue 25-Dec-12 22:01:26

I wanted him to be murrrrrr dud

Tsk. Kat made them leave him alone

Jellykat Tue 25-Dec-12 22:01:49

I thought it was good, didn't think any of that was gonna happen. Ooo err..

naturalbaby Tue 25-Dec-12 22:02:53

I knew Derek was going to die but that was bit of a lame ending.

wifey6 Tue 25-Dec-12 22:03:02

I never expected max to be secretly married. I thought it would be something like fraud.
I also thought Derek would be murdered..never thought he would die of a heart attack.
Quite a disappointing episode in my opinion.

LynetteScavo Tue 25-Dec-12 22:05:21

What I missed Derek dying? [s

CajaDeLaMemoria Tue 25-Dec-12 22:07:46

Anyone fancy explaining what happened?I'm too ill so had to go to bed and there is no tv up here sad

MyLittleAprilSunshine Tue 25-Dec-12 22:09:07

Yeah although he could technically have been poisoned, but I doubt it.

Something else comes out about Derek in a week or two I think as Carol is upset then finds out something he done and then is glad he is dead or something to that effect.

I wish he was murdered but then with the anger that everyone had for him it would've been very violent and considering kids were probably sitting up to watch it, I think it would've been too much iyswim. Also can't have 2 murders 2 years in a row, might be a bit lame in it's own right.

His wife seems a bit - dare I say it - desparate and slutty? grin

MyLittleAprilSunshine Tue 25-Dec-12 22:12:06

Kat found out Derek was lying about the recording he played to Alfie but Alfie tells her he's moved on anyway.

The person Max has been supposedly having Derek protect him from is someone he is married to that he married in Manchester who is an ex exotic dancer. Derek said he was paying her off but actually kept the money and she told Derek she was pregnant and Derek didn't tell Max.

Joey came back and said sorry to Lauren but admitted he couldn't play happy families with Derek.

I think that's the main points.

Oh and Derek started getting violent with Kat when she wouldn't leave with him so Jack and Max stepped in, Derek shouted the odds at them so Joey, Max and Jack threw him out and then he started to convulse. Suspecting no doubt he was faking it or they were just too mad they left him and after about 10 seconds he died. Joey was going to run and help him but Kat said not to and he called him Dad.

That's how it ended.

Are heart attacks that short?

LynetteScavo Tue 25-Dec-12 22:15:29

shock

Du du du du du duddudu!

Thank you.

Tommy Tue 25-Dec-12 22:18:41

and since when have you been able to get married in your own house on Christmas day?
that's what I was bothered about.
And - why are all the men in EE so weak and pathetic? hmm

CajaDeLaMemoria Tue 25-Dec-12 22:24:01

Thank you My little April Sunshine!

I don't feel so sad about missing it now.

noisytoys Tue 25-Dec-12 22:24:33

It was good. And there is an episode tomorrow grin

Dolallytats Tue 25-Dec-12 22:28:41

Worst bit of overacting I have seen in a long time....but at least he's gone and won't be spoiling my viewing any more!!

ginmakesitallok Tue 25-Dec-12 22:29:29

Loved it ! It was fab!

MyLittleAprilSunshine Tue 25-Dec-12 22:29:51

I wondered that was pretty sure it had to be a public building of some sort i.e. a registery office, a hotel etc not an individuals house but maybe I am mistaken, it wouldn't be the first time.

Apparently that Kirsty bird is staying around grin

Man she's had waaay too much botox.

Fairylea Tue 25-Dec-12 22:33:33

I wanted Lauren to be revealed to be Dereks daughter... and then Joey would be her brother etc

Sabriel Tue 25-Dec-12 22:34:47

Just like fairylea I was bored stiff. What an anticlimax.

SinisterBuggyMonth Tue 25-Dec-12 23:00:03

Actually had an inkling halfway through, something Derek said. But am so disapointed with Max's choice of bird, I couldn't work out where her top lip started.

Rip Derek, Paul Young spliced with a bulldog. We will always remember your jaunty leather cap and jowly scowl.

NotSpartacus Tue 25-Dec-12 23:08:04

I always nearly die of horror whenever there's a storyline that means a woman has willingly had sex with Max Branning. Suspension of disbelief flies right out the window - he's grim. "Tanya, it's your fault I married wotsername". Eugh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now