STRICTLY COME DANCING FINAL THREAD 22/12/12

(824 Posts)

Place your bets......

FrankelcenseAndMyhrr Thu 27-Dec-12 21:10:47

Just seen on Twitter that Brendan's wife gave birth on Christmas Day. No name, but best wishes to them all grin

AndiMac Thu 27-Dec-12 21:15:17

Aw, what a lovely Christmas present. smile Thanks for the update.

cocolepew Fri 28-Dec-12 00:30:11

Lovely smile

digerd Fri 28-Dec-12 20:41:00

Congratulations Brendon!

I am watching that fab/funny Strictly Ballroom australian film, recorded from last night.

FrankelcenseAndMyhrr Fri 28-Dec-12 20:55:06

I missed Len's ballroom programme which was on BBC4 just before Strictly Ballroom last night. It's up on iplayer though so I'll catch up over the next few days.

ScatterGotStuckUpTheChimney Sat 29-Dec-12 12:24:34

Oh I meant to watch that too... thanks for reminding me smile
My DGreatAunt has just given me a lovely Christmas present- tickets forme and my DSis to Anton and Erin's show grin

digerd Sun 30-Dec-12 10:06:34

The boy danced a wonderful Paso Doble, and I was crying with his dad.

digerd Sun 30-Dec-12 17:56:39

Watching my favourite 1950s musical ,< for the 10th time or more> 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. Not exactly ballroom dancing, but wow those men can dance and act.

Horsemad Tue 01-Jan-13 23:50:20

I've just read that Len Goodman got married on Sunday in a secret ceremomy at a London restaurant.

Nobody attending knew, they thought they were going for Sunday lunch!!

I have missed this thread. I just got back in the country last night so avoided all UK news so I could catch up on SCD this morning. I was disappointed that Dani and Vincent weren't in the final three at least. Vincent's choreography has been fab. I hope he is paired with someone decent next year. I did notice DvO looked genuinely sad when Dani went out and I warmed more to her then.

digerd Thu 03-Jan-13 19:19:57

Len Goodman got married on Sunday? To whom?

Len gets married Sorry DM link digerd.

Horsemad Thu 03-Jan-13 19:35:50

Sue somebody, think they've lived together for years, will try and find it.

Horsemad Thu 03-Jan-13 19:38:43

Sue Barrett, a dance teacher he's been with for ten years apparently. Not sure how to link, but I googled Len Goodman and it was right there - DM page, sorry grin

Horsemad Thu 03-Jan-13 19:39:50

Oooh thanks Sparkling, missed your link there! grin

Team work Horse grin She doesn't look ahem, 47 does she?

Horsemad Thu 03-Jan-13 19:47:02

Maybe he's hard work to live with Sparkling grin grin

I always assumed there was a Mrs Goodman that he had been married to forever, and were childhood sweethearts or something. sad

Horsemad Thu 03-Jan-13 20:09:14

Yes me too Sparkling I liked to imagine them dancing together!! I am crazy, I realise this grin

theliverpoolone Thu 03-Jan-13 20:22:37

I think there was once a Mrs Goodman who was his childhood sweetheart dance partner, then when they retired from professional dancing they (or one of them hmm) realised the only thing they'd had in common was dancing and they split up. I seem to remember reading that somewhere......

Horsemad Thu 03-Jan-13 20:26:54

What a shame, at least they DID have something in common, which is more than some people seem to have. sad

ALittleScatterOfRain Mon 07-Jan-13 19:37:21

Flavia and Jimi are engaged smile Congratulations to them.

My DSis rang me especially to tell me that grin

ALittleScatterOfRain Mon 07-Jan-13 19:37:22

Flavia and Jimi are engaged smile Congratulations to them.

My DSis rang me especially to tell me that grin

Horsemad Mon 07-Jan-13 20:01:34

It's all wedding bells & confetti at Strictly!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now