What grade *should* they get in their year 9 SATs?

(39 Posts)
MrsSnape Sat 08-Dec-07 17:32:07

Does anyone know what grade they should be getting in their year 9 mock sats (or the proper ones)?

mumtomonkeys Sat 29-Dec-07 21:35:56

its different for each set.

your child should be told in school

there is different expected level for each subject

english
maths
science

so your child shud ask ther subject teacher

mann Tue 01-Mar-11 17:41:20

What was wrong with A B C etc it worked well for years...........MADwine enough to drive one to drink!

whitecloud Thu 03-Mar-11 13:30:56

MrsSnape - if it's any consolation, my dd did not do that well in Year 9 SATs in science, but it all clicked in year 10 and 11 and she is now doing her GCSEs and getting As and Bs. It is quite possible for them to put a spurt on. She got worse marks in junior school and lower down the senior school but has worked hard and dome better than some who had high scores then. Now dd is in year 11 and preparing to do science A levels. These preditions can only tell you so much....

Niceguy2 Thu 03-Mar-11 21:13:41

erm...this thread is over 3 years old!

bettyboop63 Tue 08-Mar-11 16:08:36

our secondary school set it out like this eg:
history

current level 7, min acceptable grade level 7 low,target aspirational grade 7 secure.

its set out like that for all subjects i find that easier to understand

i dont know why i assumed they all did it like that no?

Enida Wed 27-Feb-13 20:44:11

Level 5a is the average year nine level. 5a= c (pass grade) or low b. im a yr nine student.

I thought it was 5 and 6 is the "good" grade although i remember a few 7s back when i was at school. (Sadly not mine !)

Bugger how did i not notice that !

lljkk Netherlands Fri 01-Mar-13 17:39:41

Seriously ZOMBIE thread.
Although I did read elsewhere on MN that Level 6 in KS3 meant Cs & Bs for GCSE (nowadays).

flow4 Fri 01-Mar-13 18:20:08

I don't always mind a zombie thread (after all, the same problems do recur for different parents, months or years apart)... But in this case, they've abolished the KS3 SATs, so this thread is well and truly redundant! grin

Enida Mon 13-May-13 17:49:07

Most schools still do them internally.

It's a double zombie thread as it's now been resurrected twice! The OP's sister would now be about 19 or 20...

Jimalfie Tue 14-May-13 10:33:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hilary2012 Thu 16-May-13 17:22:43

When do they take their sats in year 9 then? I've come from abroad and am not aware of the system here, but my son has not indicated he's taken any sats???? Nearly finishing yr 9 now............confused!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now