menstruation stopped

(122 Posts)
lifesamystery Mon 05-Nov-12 12:31:46

My dd is 14 and had her first period in June this year, followed by a second almost exactly four weeks later. However, there has been nothing since then. Is this normal? Nothing else has really changed during this time!

LostInWales Wed 07-Nov-12 21:07:02

Of course she isn't life, she is probably a lovely, innocent, well behaved girl with that fabulous hair that public school girls always seem to have and like most 14 year olds has probably barely held hands with a boy let alone anything else. It is your insistence that private schools ensure children are kept chaste by their very exclusiveness that we are all taking the mickey out of. Well that and your insinuation that we must all have gone to inferior schools if we had fun without teachers noticing. I mean no harm wink

Floggingmolly Wed 07-Nov-12 21:07:03

Well, one of the things we learned was that your dd has a boyfriend. Except on this thread she not only doesn't, but she never leaves her parents side confused

EchoBitch Wed 07-Nov-12 21:07:23

NO ONE SAID SHE WAS SLEEPING AROUND

Are you mad?

And is it a Nunnery?

What did we learn? Well I've learnt that your dd was 13 two weeks ago and is 14 now. So a birthday? Except she was also in Year 9 last summer so should be in Year 10 now. To be in Year 10 the latest her birthday could be is August 1998 - making her 14 two weeks ago. Unless you have dds very close together? Do enlighten me

slambang Wed 07-Nov-12 21:09:14

Oh yes Wales. And there actually wasn't a lot of shagging due to the limited opportunities but Oh Boy, did we spend a lot of time talking about shagging!

ivykaty44 Wed 07-Nov-12 21:11:13

echo the op said her dd was sleeping around

EchoBitch Wed 07-Nov-12 21:13:06

Did she,on this OP?

Must have missed that...sorry OP...*SHE IS SLEEPING AROUND*!

ivykaty44 Wed 07-Nov-12 21:14:57

Echo Wed 07-Nov-12 20:59:39 - Op's post, last part she clearly says her dd must be sleeping around wink I take it if one is allowed to twist we are all allowed to twist?

Sleeping around is neither here nor there tbh. It's possible for any female of childbearing age to be pregnant even if they don't have a boyfriend. One off events happen and so do sexual assaults. I have a 14 yr old (definately 14 and in Yr 10). I would not describe her as having either the opportunity or the inclination to have a sexual relationship but I would be absolurely fooling myself if I tried to claim it wasn't possible. Eating disorders too can be harder to spot that you'd think and a lass who is having issues with food WILL want to hide that.

LostInWales Wed 07-Nov-12 21:19:28

I've lost interest in OP's daughter now, just want to reminisce about how much fun it was when there was only one or two members of staff overnight in charge of 60 teenage girls. Happy days now I think about it.

AmberLeaf Wed 07-Nov-12 21:21:47

And I wonder what you have all learnt about my life and circumstances by doing that advanced search

That your DD had a boyfriend in june.

That you cant find jeans that fit her expanding waist

What northernlurker said just adds to it all, so its looking suss TBH.

I can't believe anyone could seriously be this naive, or offended at the suggestions that have been made if this were real.

EchoBitch Wed 07-Nov-12 21:22:58

It was fun back then LostInWales.

My parents were abroad too and we had to fly unaccompanied on long haul flights from 10 years old with ground hostesses supposed to look after us if we had to stay overnight in hotels in forrin parts,which i did in Singapore waiting for a connecting flight to Brunei.

It would never happen now.

LostInWales Wed 07-Nov-12 21:29:00

Ahhh, memories. I had a friend who lived in America so I used to stay with her in the holidays sometimes, fly back on my own at 13 with a change at O'Hare. <looks at own nearly 13 year old and wonders how I didn't end up in much more trouble> I could have fitted a lot of sex in then had I not been more interested in teddy bears and horses wink

Declutterbug Wed 07-Nov-12 21:30:39

OP there are lots of medical reasons why your dd could be experiencing this. Most are harmless. Could you take her to the GP or would she be too mortified? Would she go on her own?

lifesamystery Wed 07-Nov-12 22:23:10

If you all think it's a wind up then why waste your time! I made a post in May, which concluded with my saying that she had a friend who was a boy. I have two daughters very close in age. It happens and I know how.

I wonder if any of you, just even one or two of you, can see that perhaps I may have been offended at some of the accusations made against me and my family?

I guess she would go to a dr on her own but this would not be allowed at school and she would have a houseparent accompany her. As the people that responded initially put my mind at rest then I don't see a need for a dr, though. I'm sure her hormones will settle in time and all will be well. I will investigate further if nothing happens within another few months.

whois Wed 07-Nov-12 22:33:05

Dude, 14 and at boarding school... There is plenty of time away from prying eyes to meet a village boy behind the fives courts :-)

LineRunner Wed 07-Nov-12 22:35:19

How does she have a boy who is a friend in class, though, at all girls' boarding school, if you don't mind me asking.

Irrespective of that, I think a GP visit would be sensible.

lifesamystery Wed 07-Nov-12 22:37:12

Lostinwales, I have not once even mentioned your or other peoples schools. Nor have I said anything about schools in general keeping children chaste. I have simply said that I know what is the case at my daughters school. Truly, all schools are not the same and there are reasons why hers is not the same. Her school is extremely exclusive and selective but not for the reason that any of ou will be thinking. She is there because she is extremely talented in one particular area and for that reason, yes, they do lead a reasonably sheltered life. It is her choice to be there, not mine.

lifesamystery Wed 07-Nov-12 22:38:50

Linerunner, she changed school in September. Many children leave/join her type of school for yr 10.

5madthings Wed 07-Nov-12 22:40:44

If she may be preg why would you leave it a few months before doing anything?!! Ffs buy a test, get her to pee on a stick and then you will know one way or another. Dont leave it!!

abbierhodes Wed 07-Nov-12 22:44:17

LOL! What a blinkered, naïve parent you are!
I bet you anything she's pregnant!

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Wed 07-Nov-12 22:45:46

If she changed school in September, had a boyfriend in June and hasn't had a period since when? July? Then it's still a possibility.

No one is judging you or your daughter, but if your daughter is pregnant or if there is another reason for her lack of periods then it's best to find out sooner rather than later surely?

Declutterbug Wed 07-Nov-12 22:49:46

Please make sure she sees a GP to rule out a medical problem. Is she worried? A doctor can reassure her all is well (in the likely event that it is smile). You were worried enough to ask us, please make sure a RL expert is asked too.

LineRunner Wed 07-Nov-12 22:50:44

I suppose she would have last seen her friend who is a boy in July?

Anyway, GP visit - it can only help.

lifesamystery Wed 07-Nov-12 22:52:10

I give up. I really do. She is not pregnant. I am not naive, blinkered or stupid. Most of you lot clearly are, though, as you find it impossible to think that there might just be someone out there who just don't fit the mold of a stereotypical teenager.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now