Vain club/princessing/grooming.... Anybody wanna???

(104 Posts)
gracelesslady Mon 18-Mar-13 21:47:12

I need to take better care of myself. I'm a bit inspired by the aforementioned threads and wondered if there's anyone else who needs a list and some discipline?!

gracelesslady Fri 22-Mar-13 14:46:58

I haven't done anything useful today: got make up on but have eaten crap and haven't moisturised or anything. Still time to redeem myself...

gracelesslady Sat 23-Mar-13 13:09:48

Ta da!'s for me today:

Vitamins and flaxseed oil capsules
Half an hour's walk
Most of a litre of water (and it's only 1pm)
Make up on (though chin still looks dreadful:spotty, flaky red and vile)
I've had a good healthy breakfast and am having a tasty healthy lunch
Only had one cup of coffee (that's quite significant progress)

I'm planning on a nice bubbly bath tonight, and will exfoliate and moisturise then.

grin

Today I exfoliated face, applied moisturiser and eye cream and took my vitamins. I'm exhausted wink

gracelesslady Sat 23-Mar-13 19:30:09

Ok fellow vain club/princesses I need your thoughts: I used to wash my face with neutrogena 2 in 1 face wash/mask stuff, and moisturise with botanics (from boots) stuff with SPF 15. Skin ok, but not brilliant. I read about the OCM and thought I'd give it a whirl because there's always room for better skin in my life. Liked it the first few times, then started to get bad spots all over my cheeks and chin. Yak. Then read about the dermaflannel and thought it sounded good(previously used a st Ives scrub) so I bought one and alternated days of OCM and dermaflannel with face wash.

Now I have red, blotchy, spotty, flaky, dry horrible skin and I am
sad and scared and uncertain sad I've stopped OCM altogether, and have gone back to face wash. My skin feels stingy when I put moisturiser on. It looks dreadful: I want it to look soft and glowy and peachy.

Help!!!

gracelesslady Sat 23-Mar-13 19:31:03

Ps have been trying sudocrem at nights. It doesn't sting but isn't helping overall. More sad

TIA

RobbinyoureastereggsSparkles Sat 23-Mar-13 19:42:26

Please can I join? I do a few of the things mentioned but I'm rubbish at drinking water, body moisturiser and eating fruit, fish and vitamins.

I've been doing the Shred recently, although I haven't today as I've been feeling knackered for some reason and my throat hurts. Hope I'm not coming down with the lurgy that DD1 has just recovered from!

RobbinyoureastereggsSparkles Sat 23-Mar-13 19:46:26

What oils have you been using for OCM, Graceless? Maybe you need a different combination?

I started to use olive oil and castor oil but I just kept breaking out. Now I just use pure organic coconut oil, which I really like. I need some more, as I've just run out, so I've been using a garnier scrub but it's far too drying. My skin feels so tight when I've used it!

gracelessCreamEgglady Sat 23-Mar-13 19:52:35

Well I started with castor/sunflower 30/70 because I loved the feeling of the sunflower but thought the castor might be good at getting rid of blackheads and the like. I tried pure coconut and liked that too. But both left me spotty and lumpy and rubbish. I would persevere but only if I could hide away for a few weeks until it settles down but my job does not allow that and I can't cope with having such dreadful looking skin!

RobbinyoureastereggsSparkles Sat 23-Mar-13 20:50:56

Have you tried different quantities? Maybe try adding more castor oil if your skin is becoming oily or maybe less if it's too dry.

I sympathise - I've struggled with my skin so many times over the years and it does just make you want to hide away. Mines not so bad on my face ATM (but fine lines are starting to appear sad ) but my hands are a mess. I've been slathering Vaseline on them to protect them from the cold and it seems to be helping, thank goodness, as they were so sore!

plaingirly Sun 24-Mar-13 08:50:06

I tried OCM and ended up with awful skin! The first few days my skin was so soft but after that I had spots all over my chin and up my cheeks. Plus huge spots that felt like mountains.

Even after I gave up OCM it too a couple of months to get my skin back to how it was before. Not perfect by any means - spots and a bit blotchy but loads better than on OCM.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 24-Mar-13 08:54:48

Those exfoliating gloves are brilliant for lazy exfoliating, I use them everyday. The pound shop does them too.

I find keeping everything in my bedside drawer helps a lot.

plaingirly Sun 24-Mar-13 09:21:00

I am rubbish at moisturising - I manage to moisturise my face morning and evening but almost never moisturise the rest of me.

It takes soooooooooo long!

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 24-Mar-13 09:49:09

The thing to do is go for a body lotion that doesn't contain mineral oil aka baby oil afaik.

Mineral oils sit on top of the skin for ages but a natural oil supposedly has smaller molecules and sink in more. Or that could just be marketing bollocks.

Anyhow, I use aldi body lotion in the blue bottle as its got glycine soja oil in it and glycerine, it soaks in quickly.

gracelessCreamEgglady Sun 24-Mar-13 14:18:10

Well I think OCM and me are finished then! Will see how skin fares over next few days. Currently feel like I need a paper bag over my head.

Body moisturisers: Nivea ones are lovely. I can't remember the name of my favourite but it smells gorgeous and the DH likes it grin
Will check and get back to you. Not that I'm using it at the moment, am trying to use up all the tubes and pots of stuff I've had as presents etc and then I'm going to buy some of the fave one.

paintyourbox Sun 24-Mar-13 18:16:52

Waves to Helga and DoIlook

I was on the Xmas thread but since going back to work after maternity leave I have lapsed!

I need to do something with my hair- last cut it in December and its a bit of a state now. Also bored of my natural colour!

I'm moisturised , used a sachet of shiny hair conditioner , heel cream on .

Very very cold here , so nice walk this afternoon cancelled .

The bad news is I've broken 2 nails , so need to file them all down to match ,

and got mixed up with the drink 2 litres of water / not drink so much wine ...

HelgatheHairy Sun 24-Mar-13 21:02:31

Waves at paint I remember your username!

Well I got "real" shampoo finally (ran out about a week ago and was using DHs radox blush)

Was going to go for a bath but had to bath the dog instead - twice - due to rolling in fox poo issues and didnt want to use the bath till I've had the chance to deep clean it.

gracelessCreamEgglady Sun 24-Mar-13 21:06:04

That's quite wise helga. I don't think princesses bathe in fox poo grin

Xxx

KateSpade Sun 24-Mar-13 21:26:08

Me! Me! Me! I love a good princessing thread!

However, I have not gotten properly dressed since Friday, in my defence I have come home from Uni for Easter & have been doing Uni work! Oh dear.

I'm at the hairdressers on Wednesday & am having my extensions re-done, I'm currently 'rocking' the dip dye trend, I have dark brown hair & caramac coloured ends, I'm deciding weather to go for more colour or leave it! It's putting an extra £40 on top if the price though!

gracelessCreamEgglady Sun 24-Mar-13 21:38:51

Excellent! More princesses!! Kate, I really truly must get my hair trimmed. I can't actually remember the last time I went - it might have been about a year ago blush

KateSpade Sun 24-Mar-13 21:42:45

I hate getting my hair cut, I asked my mum to do it once, a trim ended up with 4 inches off. I couldn't look her in the face for ages.

<over reaction>

gracelessCreamEgglady Mon 25-Mar-13 09:57:43

grin at Kate.

I have exfoliated, I've got a face mask on, I had breakfast (but it was a hot cross bun. With loads of butter. Yummy.)

Will take vits n mins soon. And drink water. I'd go for a long walk, but it's fecking snowing. Again...

HelgatheHairy Mon 25-Mar-13 10:18:33

I hate having my hair done at the hairdressers. I hate sitting in front of the mirror and I hate the chit-chat. With hair dryers and things going in the background I find it hard to hear what they're saying and it gets very confusing!
I like the massaging chairs at the basins though and I like having my hair washed.

RobbinyoureastereggsSparkles Mon 25-Mar-13 14:41:52

I hate going to the hairdressers too but I have a lovely friend who is a hairdresser and she started doing mine for me. I haven't had it trimmed since July though as I keep forgetting to ask her. My hair is really long!

I've not done that well today. Bath, washed my hair and make up as usual but I have eaten loads of crap and haven't done moisturiser!

I will Shred this evening to make up for it. Probably.

gracelessCreamEgglady Mon 25-Mar-13 21:41:57

Did you Shred then Robbin? I've been for a walk and had 2 pints when I got there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now