What happened to the loose half a stone before christmas thread? Is there one for Easter?

(68 Posts)
Karbea Sat 23-Feb-13 18:01:49

Because I need one.

As if by magic I've put on a dress size sad
I'm rubbish at dieting and exercise, but this has upset me. I'd like some friends to egg me on and stop me falling off the diet (eat takeaways) and exercise (lull on the sofa) wagon...

Karbea Fri 01-Mar-13 10:22:18

Morning!

I'm on Day 2 of the Detox, tomorrow I get to eat something!

It's actually been surprisingly easy. I'm not sure whether to exercose today or not as I feel pretty tired and I've alot of housework todo...

DancingRoundTheKitchen Fri 01-Mar-13 08:13:49

Had a disaster last night, take away and a bar of chocolate.
Really don't want to weigh in now!
We are away for the weekend so that is going to be a disaster too! Think I'll start again on Monday!

Champagnecharleyismyname Thu 28-Feb-13 14:46:04

I have been using my fitness pal on my phone so I am hoping that has helped. It had made me realise all the empty calories I have been taking in! Red wine especially.

I have a half hour window for the gym when DDs are in swimming so I am trying to talk myself into it rather than coffee in the cafe.

RobinSparkles Thu 28-Feb-13 13:57:08

I'm definitely waiting until Monday to weigh myself. If I weigh myself tomorrow I'll use any weight I've lost to pig out over the weekend.

Shodan Thu 28-Feb-13 13:42:58

I took a day off the shred yesterday but did level two today. Have supposedly got karate tonight (which MFP reckons burns up loads of calories!!) but Tuesday's was cancelled, so we'll see.

TBH I'm not sure how I'm doing, food-wise, as I haven't been totting it up on MFP. I feel like I'm eating less and have definitely cut down on the chocolate, so hopefully I won't ruin it all over the weekend ready to weigh in on Monday.

RobinSparkles Thu 28-Feb-13 13:39:01

What's the David Kirsch detox, Karbea?

I've not done so good - I've just had a salt and vinegar crisp buttie. Healthy! hmm

DancingRoundTheKitchen Thu 28-Feb-13 13:05:19

I was just doing the shred. Got half way through and turned it off - I just could not be arsed! I think I have excercise fatigue, going to have a few days off the shred and try and do some outdoor excercise over the weekend.
Weigh day tomorrow - arrggh!

Karbea Thu 28-Feb-13 09:18:23

Morning!

How are we all doing?

I had Chinese for dinner last night! I did warn you food was my vice!

BUT, I have done shred this morning and a light 20min jog. I'm doing the David Kirsch 48hr detox and have had the first drink. I maybe eating my arm by this afternoon!

RobinSparkles Wed 27-Feb-13 14:07:21

I'm impressed with all the shredding and jogging going on. I've done no excercise what so ever blush but I'm logging what I eat with MFP and doing ok with that.

Pay day today so I shall be buying the Shred and then there's no excuses. I'm not looking forward to it though, it's going to kill me. I'm sooo unfit!

awaywego1 Wed 27-Feb-13 13:48:13

Can I join-I'm feeling very demotivated at the moment-weight not shifting. Am 9.8 and want to be 9.0-I'm 5.2. Can't do much exercise so will mainly be focusing on reducing snacks, carbs and drinking more water.

DancingRoundTheKitchen Wed 27-Feb-13 13:33:06

Hi! I did workout 2 of the cindy Crawford shape your body. It has been nice to have a break from shred but god, I ache and after the 'gut busters' today I don't think I'll be able to get out of bed tomorrow!
Been ok food wise. Weigh in on Friday, I really hope I've lost something!

Karbea Wed 27-Feb-13 11:12:01

I don't know, but I ache, I'm thinking as you are supposed to do shred everyday you must work through them :S

Shodan Wed 27-Feb-13 10:00:05

I'm never sure (and this is despite 11 years of karate training!!) whether it's better to try and work through aching muscles or give them a day's rest. Anyone know?

Shodan Wed 27-Feb-13 09:58:44

A slight malfunction last night which caused me to eat a Crunchie. It's no wonder I never lose weight! Although actually according to MFP it came within my calorie allowance, so that's ok.

I did Shred yesterday and the day before but I haven't worked up the energy to do it yet- I think I must've overdone it a bit (I have a habit of doing that) and I ache today. Quite a lot really.

Not doing too badly re: food though and don't feel as bloated, especially as I've cut right down on wheaty stuff, so fingers crossed.

Karbea Wed 27-Feb-13 08:50:45

Right just jogged for 30mins and done shred level one day 3. I can really feel the shred, I ache pretty much everywhere!
Need to try a bit harder with food today especially as DH and I are going out for dinner tonight.

How are you all doing?

Karbea Tue 26-Feb-13 18:43:55

I jogged and shredded this morning.

This afternoon I've had a cookie, packet of crisps and one twix finger sad

DancingRoundTheKitchen Tue 26-Feb-13 12:24:18

I just took a trip back to the 1990's and did the Cindy Crawford shape your body work out.
Soooo much easier than shred and much bigger hair!

RobinSparkles Mon 25-Feb-13 19:13:41

I know! I went to the shop for bread and milk before, DH: while you're there get me a bag of m & ms!"

Grr! But I resisted the temptation to buy anything for myself, which is NOT like me!

LaVitaBellissima Mon 25-Feb-13 18:34:19

I had 2 cups of tea for breakfast, had grilled turkey steak with green beans and capers for lunch, and have had half a banana and a milky coffee as a snack.

Once the girls are in bed I am going to Shred, still need to make my veg soup and will have a small bowl of that for dinner.

I also have a DP who fills the house with crisps, chocolates, biscuits and ice cream - it's not exactly supportive is it!

Karbea Mon 25-Feb-13 17:35:59

Yes but this is my problem I start well then after about two days it all goes massively wrong.

DancingRoundTheKitchen Mon 25-Feb-13 17:25:52

That is three and a half stone not 31/32 stone!

DancingRoundTheKitchen Mon 25-Feb-13 17:24:14

Karbea - shred & a jog?? I'm very impressed, going to do a load of sit ups once the children have gone to bed.
Scabbysnake - a wedding is such a good target. I managed to lose a stone before my sister's wedding and felt great. Then I had another baby and piled on 31/2 stone!
I did manage to fit in doing the shred today and have had a good day food wise.
Has anyone got any tips for low calorie but tasty, treat type foods?

scabbysnake Mon 25-Feb-13 13:56:30

I'm also going to get on my cross trainer 3x a week- mayb I'll do that while kids are in bed to try not to snack!

scabbysnake Mon 25-Feb-13 13:54:50

Hi, can I join in?
My sister is getting married mid may & I'm moh.
I really want to lose at least a stone. I've been putting it off since new year & now I need to get my butt in gear!
I've been such a pig the last few months & pretty much eating what I want so today it stops. I eat pretty healthy meals it's just the amount & the evening when the kids are in bed.
I had 2 weetabix, wiv half a banana & a few strawberries for breakfast. For lunch I had grilled mushrooms, scrambled egg & some plum tomatoes - my attempt at cutting my carbs! Chicken, salad & a bit of cous cous for tea.
I will weigh myself tomorrow. Have brought lots of healthy food today so I have no excuse. Also made carrot, lentil & tomato soup so will take that for lunch tomorrow & lunches the rest of the week.

RobinSparkles Mon 25-Feb-13 13:47:44

Ok, I weighed myself this morning and I'm 8 stone 13 and a half (so I'll say 9 stone) and I'm 5'3.

I've not done too badly today except I was offered a biscuit at school and took it without thinking.
I need to excercise - I used to walk miles every day but DD2 (now 2) is a pushchair refuser and will walk to school but it means that power walking is out! It's a real pain because I enjoy walking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now