What happened to the loose half a stone before christmas thread? Is there one for Easter?

(68 Posts)
Karbea Sat 23-Feb-13 18:01:49

Because I need one.

As if by magic I've put on a dress size sad
I'm rubbish at dieting and exercise, but this has upset me. I'd like some friends to egg me on and stop me falling off the diet (eat takeaways) and exercise (lull on the sofa) wagon...

DancingRoundTheKitchen Sat 23-Feb-13 19:31:40

I'm going on hols at Easter, which will mean wearing a swimming costume - arrggh!
I'd like to shed at least half a stone before I go, so count me in.
I've got the my fitness pal app on my phone and have been attempting the 30 day shred (which doesn't seem to be making any difference!)

Karbea Sat 23-Feb-13 19:36:40

Ive both of those too.
Think I'm going to do a detox thurs/fri as DH is away for a few days.

SayHelloToMyLittleFriend Sat 23-Feb-13 19:43:25

Can I join too please? I'm going on holiday in May and would love to have lost half a stone by then. I keep saying I'll start my shred dvd but so far haven't bothered so maybe this will motivate me.

DancingRoundTheKitchen Sat 23-Feb-13 19:52:54

I know all I need to do is eat less and exercise more and I know I can do it - before having children I went from a size 18 to a size 8! But since having the DC I have put on lots of it back on. I'm currently a 14/16 so aiming for half a stone by Easter and another half a stone by my birthday in the summer.

DancingRoundTheKitchen Sat 23-Feb-13 19:53:54

Just wish I could find the motivation!

Join the "Motivation" thread over in weightloss, that's what we're all aboutsmile.
I started the "eat less, exercise more" in July, and have dropped 4st 3 so far, and gone from size 18 to size 8/10. With motivation it can be done.

DancingRoundTheKitchen Sat 23-Feb-13 20:04:28

InMySpareTime that is amazing! Well done! Will check out the thread now.

Karbea Sat 23-Feb-13 20:32:02

Omg inmysparetime that's amazing!

I'm not saying it was always easy, I needed to address my attitude to food and learn to enjoy all my food instead of just eating without thinking, but a steady 2lb a week, every week, over a few months really adds up.

Karbea Sun 24-Feb-13 20:57:51

Hello all,

I've had my last pig out, lazy weekend before the new me starts tomorrow ;)
Tomorrow I'm going to go for a run, first one in a long time!

LaVitaBellissima Sun 24-Feb-13 21:03:13

I'm in, going to dust off the 30 day shred and eat healthier and it down my portion sizes.

5 weeks till Easter, I'd like to lose 10lbs by then.
Just putting it out there. Currently am 10st 7lbs and 5ft 6. Am completely flat chested so need to be slim, my goal is 8st12

We can do it ladies!

Can I join? My attempt to lose weight in time for Christmas was an epic failure which resulted in me putting weight on. I don't have loads to lose but am currently 10lbs above my happy weight (however a week ago I was 12lbs over so have made some progress!) The last few lbs are always the hardest to lose though- I have to be ridiculously strict to lose any weight at all sad

Am good at eating healthy meals but I have a weakness for hot chocolate and little snacks. Fruit/ salad/ carrot sticks just don't cut it when I want bread/cake/chocolate/biscuits etc! grin It should help me that DH is on a healthy eating kick (having lost 5.5 stone last year) but all it means is that when he's out I stuff my face blush

I pigged out a bit yesterday but today have been good. Need to stay busy as I tend to comfort eat when I'm alone. I'm going away with DH in 2 weeks for a long weekend (first holiday ever without the kids - well, since having them 7 years ago) so would like to be a bit trimmer so I can squeeze into my swimming costume! Karbea I might attempt a run tomorrow too - it'll be my first in years blush

FrantasticO Sun 24-Feb-13 21:10:22

Link to motivation thread please and another member for this one!

I'm a size up after quitting the cigs 2 months ago... And miserable.

Would rather be thinner and miserable so im in if you will have me!grin

FrantasticO Sun 24-Feb-13 21:12:31

Ok 2littlemonkeys big breath I'm 11 st and 5' 8"

FrantasticO Sun 24-Feb-13 21:13:45

Oh and I'm so flat chested I have 2 backs...if we are being competitive! grin

Karbea Sun 24-Feb-13 21:15:12

Cool twolittlemonkeys let me know how you get on. lavita I've 39 day shred, I've only ever done level one two days in a row :S

I used to be really good at not snacking as before I lived with DH I wouldn't have anything like crisps, biscuits etc in my flat but DH seems to buy them but doesn't eat them, but I've NO self control and I pig out on them, I've had 5 jumbo cookies this afternoon sad but it's all good as I'm going to turn over a new leaf tomorrow!

RobinSparkles United States Sun 24-Feb-13 21:17:01

Please can I join? I would, ideally, like to lose a stone for summer but half a stone for Easter would be a good start!

I'm crap at healthy eating, my sweet tooth really lets me down.

Karbea Sun 24-Feb-13 21:17:17

Oh I've big boobs they make me look fatter than I am sad

Karbea Sun 24-Feb-13 21:19:05

That should read "even fatter" my biggest issue is my pudgy belly and fat hips, when I was thiner my boobs were smaller too, which I much preferred. I hate having big boobs.

FrantasticO Sun 24-Feb-13 21:26:16

karbea believe me if you have to have extra wt then why not on the boob?
I'm jealous!

Right off o clear my mind cupboards for tomorrow!

RobinSparkles United States Sun 24-Feb-13 21:32:09

My boobs always seem to stay the same. They've been the same size for years - it's my waist that changes!

Shodan Sun 24-Feb-13 22:01:30

I'll join you, if you don't mind!

I appear to have put on over half a stone over the last couple of months (ahem. That might have something to do with the large bars/bags of chocolate and packets of crisps I keep eating) and worse, I am now on a low dosage of anti-d's for my insomnia, which have the effect of making me look at the scales and say 'Oh well. Not that bad!'.

So I need an added incentive. We 've finished the last of the crisps and chocolate tonight, so the diet begins tomorrow. I'll also be starting the 30 day shred again.

So. Currently 11st 8lbs, and 5'8".

(I'm actually a little bit ashamed of myself, seeing it written down. That's a good thing.)

FrantasticO Sun 24-Feb-13 22:12:37

Shodan my cupboards are clear too.
We are roughly same stats.
I will try keep up with you !
Oh if only food wasn't an option...

Shodan Sun 24-Feb-13 22:21:12

Hah, FrantasticO- you already have a half stone head start on me grin

I wish I could look forward to, say, a nice apple the same way as I look forward to chocolate. Maybe with determined effort it'll happen. hmm

Right so. It starts tomorrow. 2lb a week, or thereabouts. I think so long as I'm 10 st something, I'll be ok with that (I have a fair amount of muscle tone already due to karate.)

Hmm. Yes. We can do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now