La Roche Posay - I tried it and it's fab!

(83 Posts)
valiumredhead Wed 20-Feb-13 11:53:15

I've heard Pinot ( and others!) bang on about this stuff on S and B but never tried it.I found myself in Lloyds Chemist last week and had a good rummage through their huge selection and ended up getting the cream for flaky skin - it's like the BEST moisturiser you can possibly imagine, it glides on and all your redness and flaky 'post cold nose skin' just disappears. It's paraben free and for sensitive skin so not full of nasties.

I went back today and bought the shower wash, cleansing lotion and moisturiser for rosacea - VERY lovely, helpful assistant suggested what would be good AND she gave me some free samples too!

While I was there someone else came up and bought some cream and said 'Oh this is great stuff, you'll love it!' - wonder if she was a mumsnetter? wink

Sorry for the enthusiasm but this really is good stuff and not too pricey either.

smile

Samu2 Wed 06-Mar-13 11:51:08

I have been using their products for only 3 days.

My husband said to me this morning "wow, Sam, are you doing something differently to your skin? you look really refreshed and healthy"

He didn't know I was using new products.

QuinnFabray Wed 06-Mar-13 12:05:27

KnitKnack, the Effaclar K stuff is amazing isn't it? I have a stash of it in my drawer, stocked up on the Boots 3 for 2 offer.

Whitershadeofpale, I use the cicaplast as and when I feel I need it, more so in the winter, as kind of a one off overnight treatment mask. Usually once or twice a week, instead of a night time moisturiser. I have oily, but ageing skin though. If you have dry skin generally, you could easily get away with using it daily I expect. My skin gets very easily congested though, so I only use it occasionally as a kind of ultra soothing, moisturising mask.

Thanks Quinn, I only really need it for a few days a month after I've acid peeled. Apart from that it's not too bad.

valiumredhead Wed 06-Mar-13 12:59:49

I'm still loving the Cicaplast but the toner is REALLY strong - like nail varnish remover so had to stop using that. Also the moisturiser gives me a bit of a tingle after use, so wouldn't buy again.

The shower gel is fantastic, I have lots of dry bumpy bits usually and they've all gone!

QuinnFabray Wed 06-Mar-13 17:02:34

Which toner are you using? There are two, the effaclar astrigent one, which is strong, and the physiological soothing one, which is nice and gentle and well, soothing! I alternate between the two.

kiwigirl42 Wed 06-Mar-13 17:12:17

I've been using the effaclar K for a week now and really like it. My pores are looking smaller and the blackhead bits are starting to disappear. Has definitely helped the under skin bumps on my forehead - in fact they all up and disappeared after about 3 days!
Will definitely repurchase this one - thank you for the suggestion everyone

knitknack Wed 06-Mar-13 17:22:13

Quinn I'm hoping to have a drawer full soon too!

How come this stuff has only just come up on the s&b radar??!

CredulousThicko Sun 10-Mar-13 18:47:29

I'm looking to try the La Roche Posay foundation after reading about it on MN.

Does anyone know, can I get a free sample from Boots or anywhere else? (Can get to any major dept store etc)
BEfore I splash out on full size I want to know if I'm getting the right shade. TIA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now