La Roche Posay - I tried it and it's fab!

(83 Posts)
valiumredhead Wed 20-Feb-13 11:53:15

I've heard Pinot ( and others!) bang on about this stuff on S and B but never tried it.I found myself in Lloyds Chemist last week and had a good rummage through their huge selection and ended up getting the cream for flaky skin - it's like the BEST moisturiser you can possibly imagine, it glides on and all your redness and flaky 'post cold nose skin' just disappears. It's paraben free and for sensitive skin so not full of nasties.

I went back today and bought the shower wash, cleansing lotion and moisturiser for rosacea - VERY lovely, helpful assistant suggested what would be good AND she gave me some free samples too!

While I was there someone else came up and bought some cream and said 'Oh this is great stuff, you'll love it!' - wonder if she was a mumsnetter? wink

Sorry for the enthusiasm but this really is good stuff and not too pricey either.

smile

DuffyMoon Thu 21-Feb-13 07:46:19

Has anyone tried La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Extreme Face Fluid SPF50...am thinking of it as summer moisturiser, I have combination skin so worried it might make me shiny (ier) TIA

I have a horribly spotty chin (and I'm nearly 45, go figure), is anything from the range likely to work on that?

QuinnFabray Thu 21-Feb-13 08:29:08

The Effaclar range for oily or spotty skin. I use the Efflaclar duo or Effaclar K treatment creams ( I prefer the K, it's gentler ) as a daily moisturiser ( I use something more moisturising at night ) and I rarely get spots now, and my blackheads have improved so much.

QuinnFabray Thu 21-Feb-13 08:30:33

I use the cicaplast on my daughter's eczema, it's a miracle cream.

GreatUncleEddie Thu 21-Feb-13 08:36:54

Rip - active moist is very light. Intensive moisture balance is the more moisturising one from that range, it us excellent.

Duffy - I have the Anthelios XL spf50 plus tinted moisturiser and it's not greasy.

MissMilliment Thu 21-Feb-13 08:56:29

Their sun cream is brilliant too. Most sun creams bring my face out in a rash, which is a problem as I have very fair skin so have to use sun cream.

I use the Anthelios stuff for sun-sensitive skin and it's great. Also it sinks into your skin beautifully so you don't get that weird pearlescent suncream sheen all over your face.

chartreuse Thu 21-Feb-13 10:08:08

LRP is fabulous, I've been using it for years after a dermatologist told me it's the brand he recommends to all his patients.

I have combination skin and I use Effaclar on my t zone and Redermic on the rest of my face.

valiumredhead Thu 21-Feb-13 10:11:00

Ooooo interested in the tinted moisturiser - what are the colours like?

poozlepants Thu 21-Feb-13 10:16:56

I use the Hydraphase UV Intense Legere mosisturiser. It is the best day moisturiser I've ever had and I'm 44 and been through a lot. It is light and smells really nice and most moisturisers bring me out in a rash.
I'd like to try the tinted moistruisers as well but I am very pale.

PrincessRagnhild Thu 21-Feb-13 10:20:20

Wow, I slathered my whole face in Cicaplast last night valium and my skin looks so much better today - fewer dry lines, no red flaky patches (except one stubborn one under my nose)... Might have to try the rest of the range too smile I wonder if they do a miracle cure for blackheads... hmm

PrincessRagnhild Thu 21-Feb-13 10:25:22

Ha, the La Roche Posay website is being really slow. I wonder if the whole of MN is on it?

valiumredhead Thu 21-Feb-13 10:29:41

Ds uses a Neutrogena scrub for blackheads princess

tugamommy Thu 21-Feb-13 10:37:34

It's also only sold in pharmacies and recommended by dermatholigists in Portugal. I just got their BB cream and would definitely recommend it!

PrincessRagnhild Thu 21-Feb-13 10:43:58

I've seen that Neutrogena scrub recommended before valium but it didn't do anything for me sad

valiumredhead Thu 21-Feb-13 10:54:38

What about the LRP's gentle exfoliator? I ummed and ahhhed over it yesterday. Or hot as you can stand flannel over your face for a few minutes and then a gentle squeeze with tissue covered fingers?

PrincessRagnhild Thu 21-Feb-13 10:57:13

I haven't done the squeezing thing...will give it a go! The best exfoliators I've used have been Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliator or Elemis Papaya Enzyme cream, and they definitely improve blackheads, but don't get rid entirely.

Absy Thu 21-Feb-13 11:01:40

I've used their sunscreen for years now, and it's amazing. I have sensitive skin and have never had any issues with it. Likewise my mother, who is even more sensitive and paranoid about sun burn uses the factor 50 when gardening, and doesn't even get the slightest tan (which shows it's verys trong).

valiumredhead Thu 21-Feb-13 11:04:32

Oh I'm interested in the sunscreen! Does it sink right in?

Absy Thu 21-Feb-13 11:25:11

Yes, it's very liquid and goes straight in, no oil or sheen on your skin. It's amazing

MissMilliment Thu 21-Feb-13 11:27:51

IME the sunscreen sinks right in. I have v pale skin and have used it on Mediterranean holiday as well as UK and it is fab.

QuinnFabray Thu 21-Feb-13 12:24:33

Princessrag - Effaclar Duo or Efflaclar K make a big difference to blackheads, if used regularly, like I said.

PrincessRagnhild Thu 21-Feb-13 12:27:24

Thanks Quinn, will give them a go.

QuinnFabray Thu 21-Feb-13 12:29:00

I never thought that just a cream would have such an effect on blackheads, but it really does.

fuckinginanelevator Thu 21-Feb-13 12:30:22

If I describe my skin could someone recommend which cream I should get. It is quiet oily but I get dry skin on my nose (even though its greasy) and flakey skin around my eyebrows and hairline. I also suffer from hormonal breakout all over my chin and jaw. God I sound attractive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now