Any experience of Brazilian hair straightening?

(50 Posts)
GinAndaDashOfLime Sat 16-Feb-13 17:18:07

Trying to cheer myself up post baby and was wondering if anyone has had a Brazilian hair straightening (as opposed to a Brazilian bikini wax! grin

I've got very thick coarse, shoulder length wavy hair which is so unmanageable that I wear it tied back every day. The other day I caught a glimpse of my reflection and I realised I've turned into "school run mum" with tied back hair / fleece / no makeup / flat boots - and it uttetly depressed me sad

Got 3 DCs so no time to faff around straightening my hair after each wash - and I've always been truly crap at doing it myself anyway..

So can anyone help?

Does it work?
How long does it last?
How much does it cost?
And can anyone recommend a salon in SE London / Kent?

TIA for your help transforming me back to someone I like the look of!!

LollieB Fri 25-Apr-14 14:26:43

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

nobodysfool Thu 07-Mar-13 20:11:37

Have you read some of the negative reviews on Amazon shock

SofaCanary Thu 07-Mar-13 19:51:40

Tis a revelation, Science I'm telling you, the shittier your hair the bigger the transformation. Get it done! grin

ScienceRocks Thu 07-Mar-13 19:47:31

shockshockshockshockshockshockshockshockshock

SofaCanary Thu 07-Mar-13 19:25:28

I don't need serums anymore, just a bit of heat protecting spray and I'm good to go!

Me neither, also I've just bought a couple of bottles of serum as they were on offer, so I'd be pissed off at the waste. smile

ScienceRocks Thu 07-Mar-13 08:51:00

Terra, i can't imagine not having to use products to tame my hair!

science I was just wondering about products as well, just bought a new serum, I guess we should just look for the word sulphate in the ingredients?
Maybe our hair will be so fabulous that we won't need products smile

ScienceRocks Wed 06-Mar-13 11:59:55

A few questions: I know about salt free shampoo and conditioner, but do you need to be careful with styling products once you've used the kit?

Also, how does it work when you next go to the hairdresser? Do you have to declare the work you've done, so they don't use anything that might interfere with it?

And how does it go? Does it grow out, leaving frizzy roots but nice ends, or kind of just fade?

ScienceRocks Tue 05-Mar-13 21:13:47

I couldn't find this thread the other day so started a new one. Glad it's reappeared!

I have ordered the amazon kit, plus some wet to dry straighteners (no hair dryer). I am hoping it will make my hair less frizzy, I'm not bothered about it being straighter.

Great to hear so many success stories. I haven't even coloured my hair before so am feeling a bit nervous about doing it.

Ladyhaha Tue 05-Mar-13 20:59:55

Can I just say a huge thank you to those who recommended the Amazon kit. I've got long, thick, frizzy, wavy hair which usually takes ages to dry and style, but after using the kit last week, I can now blow dry my hair in 5 mins and I don't need my straightners! Amazing stuff!

MrsSalvoMontalbano Sun 03-Mar-13 17:05:44

ordered grin

MrsSalvoMontalbano Sun 03-Mar-13 17:02:02

ooh, this has cheered me up no end!

Any shampoos and conditioners that are sulphate free.
I've ordered the kit from amazon and tresemme shampoo and conditioner from tesco, £5 each, massive bottles though.

Will have swishy hair in no time. smile

Mrsap Sun 03-Mar-13 09:29:10

What brand of shampoo/conditioner works after this treatment? I would like to use one that is silicone free too? Any ideas?

Do you know if you can use the amazon kit on the same day you've had colour done?

SofaCanary Sat 02-Mar-13 20:00:18
lona6666 Sat 02-Mar-13 19:42:28

Hi there, could you tell me what amazon kit you used? What was it called? Please smile

Thank you!!

just make sure you use salt free shampoo! It will last.

SofaCanary Sat 23-Feb-13 14:10:42

Hi nobodys I used the Amazon one, it's bloody brilliant...I'll be thrilled if it lasts for 3 months!

about 3 months

nobodysfool Sat 23-Feb-13 11:20:05

Sofacanary - which one did you use?

SofaCanary Fri 22-Feb-13 15:11:29

How long do you find it lasts for, Jax?

I love it! Makes my thick, wavy, easily frizzy hair - into super slick, salon finished in no time at all!

SofaCanary Fri 22-Feb-13 00:16:44

It really does work doesn't it! I'm absolutely bloody thrilled with it - washed it off today and couldn't believe how, well, normal my hair was after just a 5 min blast with the hairdryer. I shall be stockpiling incase they ever stop selling it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now