Blog recommendations for 33 year old

(84 Posts)
hellohellohihi Sun 10-Feb-13 12:20:29

I always though fashion blogs were for teenagers but am realising this isn't the case! I desperately need some--one to copy-- inspiration and guidance so what blogs would you recommend for me? I liked the "does my bum look 40" one but keen to check out some others too if poss!

petitdonkey Tue 12-Feb-13 12:00:13

Hello!!! I'm still around, just not as MN addicted as I once was!

PlumSykes Mon 11-Feb-13 16:34:31

Petit! Hello!

Avenue57 Mon 11-Feb-13 12:22:30

All my clothes are high street. I blog once in a while about what I wear and what other styles I like - feel free to come and look

I am the queen of bargain shopping!

Not sure I am able to post my link though? I'll do it but expect it will be deleted - search for Avenue 57 on blogger

wwwavenue57.blogspot.co.uk/

Fiona

Hopefully Mon 11-Feb-13 12:16:22

Thanks Lurking. I am actually contemplating a third me&em cap sleeved ruched dress, but realised that I would probably never wear anything else ever again if I did. Which would make for a slightly dull blog, possibly. (Although maybe I could get sponsorship from Me&Em).

lurkingaround Mon 11-Feb-13 12:11:05

I follow your blog Hopefully, it's great, I love it, you are completely different colouring to me but same shape, so it's doubly interesting for me! Thought you looked great in your Me and Em dress.

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 11-Feb-13 12:01:40

Following you back petit - and how funny re the other tb.

I think blogs do get samey and not sure there is a solution or even if there needs to be one. That's why I'm most drawn to ones with people with a similar size/style to mine.

I mean I love doesmybum but couldn't wear any of her stuff as she's about a foot taller than me.

Hopefully Mon 11-Feb-13 11:47:45

Lurking I'm the same with style blogs - I think inevitably that stylish women have a 'look' that they've found works for them, so they do variations of it. After a while it gets a bit samey. I fully expect to hit that stage with my own blog, haven't entirely thought up a solution yet...

Amber's blog is fab - she is way cool.

petitdonkey Mon 11-Feb-13 10:26:33

<<waves at MrsCampbellBlack>> - Think I've found and just followed you - my first name is Rebecca. Bizarrely there is a 'Tracy Bath Campbell' - any relation??

lurkingaround Mon 11-Feb-13 09:51:21

When I say 40-odd ass, that's a measure of my age, not a measure of my ass. (Altho......blush)

lurkingaround Mon 11-Feb-13 09:48:33

I find I go on and off blogs, I suppose with one person writing/photoing about their own style all the time it does become "done", iykwim, and then I move on to another blog. Possibly the reason I like Allwornout! Love it.

Currently I like 2 other blogs in particular. I like The Frugality blog, nice mix of home and clothes, not too much writing, but well written (am obv a more of a Delia person blush). And I like Le Catch, she has a great eye I think. My friend likes bourbon and pearls, we're all different.

Am looking forward to reading amber's, keep my sorry 40-odd ass up to date!

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 11-Feb-13 06:16:11

Petit - hello! I've often wondered how you are and what you've been buying. I'm traceybath on pinterest if you can find me as would love to follow you.

Chugchug Sun 10-Feb-13 22:50:05

Yes know what you mean amber she seems to go from one end of the scale to the other. Im always surprised she's in the uk though as she never seems onbe very wrapped up when it's freezing outside. She must change after she takes her photos.

petitdonkey Sun 10-Feb-13 22:36:55

But damn you, I've just bought the Marc by Marc Jacobs dragon skin scarf....

petitdonkey Sun 10-Feb-13 22:26:04

So I've just come back to MN after a long break: W&A appears to be missing and it's all about blogging.... I feel like a right old gimmer!!

Back to Pinterest I think (but I can't share excitement over recent purchases there!!!)

Seriously though, some great links which I shall be perusing. Love Allwornout and am trying to guess the W&A ladies in a slightly stalkerish fashion!!

G&G good for accessories but clothes can be dodgy - think this is because she gets and wears a lot of questionable freebies...

applecrumbleandcream Sun 10-Feb-13 18:00:01

No thanks Chug, the last two are great. I did follow glam and glitter for a while but it wasn't doing anything for me.

MarshaBrady Sun 10-Feb-13 17:59:28

Got a bit further, yep see what you mean.

How about camille over the rainbow.

Nice stuff on there.

applecrumbleandcream Sun 10-Feb-13 17:57:53
Chugchug Sun 10-Feb-13 17:56:52

Oops apple was thinking u were the op there. Yeah Amber know what you mean, she can be a bit hit and miss the odd time though, but she's currently at NYFW so doing something right!

MarshaBrady Sun 10-Feb-13 17:52:05

Oh yes that's good, hadn't seen that before.

Chugchug Sun 10-Feb-13 17:51:53

Wasn't sure what kind of thing u were after sona bit of a random mix glad you found something. They're both around your age too.

I like the glam and glitter too, but she is so bloody pretty she'd look good in a bin bag!

applecrumbleandcream Sun 10-Feb-13 17:46:13

Thanks Chug love the last two.

Chugchug Sun 10-Feb-13 17:39:17

Try these, some are older some younger but a good mix of styles I think.

nowshine.blogspot.co.uk
www.theglamandglitter.com
treasuresnpleasures.blogspot.co.uk
glamrosie.blogspot.co.uk

applecrumbleandcream Sun 10-Feb-13 17:25:54

Some are just sooooo dull and boring though. I like the blogs were they also blog about beauty products and reviews, shoes, nail varnishes, food, hairstyles, children.......I like a good read!! For me they must have an amusing style of writing. Blogs are meant to be fun. I don't like the ones where the clothes are usually way too expensive and out of my budget. I like the high street ones and I don't even mind if they are too young for me, I'm just nosy and like picking up ideas, ie scarves, statement necklace, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now