Where actually sells good quality clothes that last these days?

(34 Posts)
AnnaLou82 Wed 23-Jan-13 12:46:29

Everything I have brought recently has been crap, including some pretty expensive stuff.

Where do you go for good quality that lasts?

RedwingWinter Wed 23-Jan-13 19:36:26

Brora, Toast, Splendid and Notify.

orangeandlemons Wed 23-Jan-13 21:06:56

Jumpherwho, I think it's dreadful that you are expected to cold wash pj's. Sheets are meant to be washed high to get rid of all the germs and bacteria so am sure pj's should be the same.

In fact I would say they are unfit for purpose!

NickECave Fri 25-Jan-13 14:38:51

I got a pair of Aldo platform boots second hand about 4 years ago. They are amazing quality and appear completely indestructible. The few Whistles things that I've bought in sales have worn well as have Monsoon skirts and tops although not trousers.

EmpressMaud Fri 25-Jan-13 15:08:58

Brora, Seasalt, Rachel Riley, Avoca, Toast.

EmpressMaud Fri 25-Jan-13 15:10:54

Rubbish: Reiss, Joules

hungryallthetime Sat 26-Jan-13 11:34:20

Great thread -I'm sick of looking in shops where everything is acrylic! Unfortunately I have cashmere tastes and acrylic money! Just ordered a few things from Uniqlo, easy knit leggings so hope they're ok, but desperately need a few long lengths tops as I'm tall and skinny. Had a look at Baukjen and me & em as recommended but still too expensive in the sales sad. Anybody know of any cheaper secret online stores that may have escaped my notice?

teta Sat 26-Jan-13 11:42:56

Matalan [i know its totally not S&B but!] do brilliant extra long vests and crew necked t shirts that wash and last really well [look in the basics section online].They also have pretty good silk shirts in the Et Vous brand and Modal scoop necked t shirts in the 'newly added' index.

homeaway Sat 26-Jan-13 15:10:43

I have just ordered a dress for ds school graduation from me and em in the sale, so thank you for the recomendation!

Hungry , uniqlo tops are quite long in the body it might be worth trying them on if you can get to a shop ?

Missbopeep Sat 26-Jan-13 15:15:47

I think you have to look after clothes to make them last TBH. I occcasionally hand wash things or use that setting on my machine.

How are you washing them?

Coats etc you really get what you pay for- a high wool content- 80% min. is worth the money.

My clothes rarely ever wear out- I end up flogging on Ebay.

I buy Boden, Uniqlo, JIgsaw, White Company, and tiny bit at John Lewis.

My biggest disappointment is with White Stuff- jumpers have bobbled quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now