SHITE people say on fashion blogs

(171 Posts)
MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 19:53:01

"The kind people at...."
(Ie boden gave me a free bag to pimp a hotchpotch shirt"

"Pop of _fucking colour". No one says this in real life. Fück off.

"This looks cute" no. Kittens are cute. You are a woman who wears scarves. Desist.

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 20:27:22

Killer heels. Check. Fück off

Masculine tailoring annoys me
And the ones where they go, 'look at this stupid trend' then 6 weeks later are wearing it. DMBL40 does this, but at least is honest about how it.

cazza40 Sun 13-Jan-13 20:31:55

Don't really understand the bitching about Style Guile I think you should give her a break

applecrumbleandcream Sun 13-Jan-13 20:34:43

I always wonder why they all have to buy the same Marc Jacobs rose gold watch......

pootlebug Sun 13-Jan-13 20:35:13

I am very grateful never to have read a fashion blog. I don't get how anyone has the self-confidence to say 'Look at meeeee - aren't I stylish?' tbh. But then selecting my outfit in the morning involves finding some jeans that are clean, and a jumper that is clean....

Annianni Sun 13-Jan-13 20:40:02

My 'go to' outfit.

Just stop, please.

What's wrong with saying favourite, or the one that covers my saggy arse best?

I love this thread grin, thanks!

hermioneweasley Sun 13-Jan-13 20:44:46

I went through a phase of tweeting what I was wearing each day. Things like "still in 10 year old brushed cotton PJs" or "track suit bottoms with curry stains"

It never really took off.

And btw, how comes I seem to be unable to "rock" the scarf look, I always look like I am going to hang myself with it.

MadBusLady Sun 13-Jan-13 20:50:20

More found in magazines: "We like".

We can't think of anything remotely interesting or constructive or witty to say about this item but the sponsor sent it in and they're paying for the back cover so, we like.

MadBusLady Sun 13-Jan-13 20:51:32

(Of make-up): "makes your eyes go pop"

OWW!

PretzelTime Sun 13-Jan-13 20:52:22

The whole
-Post style rules, snark about women not following them
-Next post:"There are no rules in fashion! Have fun with it you silly people!"
-Next post is another how to guide

And the whole omg body image blabla love yourself blabla why do women have such bad self-esteem?! blabla and then the next post is a review or promo for spanx, hair removal etc. Or just more general obsessing over other women's looks.

dexter73 Sun 13-Jan-13 20:52:34

applecrumbleandcream - I have often wondered the same thing myself about that watch. It is ok but doesn't look that exciting. What is it's allure?

PretzelTime Sun 13-Jan-13 20:55:28

Also the concept of "repeating outfits", creating a "remixable warderobe" I think most of us ordinary people wear things more than once.

MadBusLady Sun 13-Jan-13 20:56:21

Plus, anything at all they say about "outfitting" in the middle eight weeks of winter, when the only things you can really wear every day are the same down jacket and the same pair of warmest-jeans-that-cover-the-bum.

LifeofPo Sun 13-Jan-13 20:56:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LifeofPo Sun 13-Jan-13 20:57:49

dexter73 Sun 13-Jan-13 21:00:22

I know they buy it but I am just wondering why so many do?

Making something work 'trans-seasonally' I.e. adding tights, boots, scarf and jacket to a dress. Well, shit me, there's an idea.

LifeofPo Sun 13-Jan-13 21:02:16

noddyholder Sun 13-Jan-13 21:02:32

A friend once said to me 'Why did you go for the brown boot this season?" they only came in brown and I needed them (both) wouldn't cut it with her. I had lunch at her house today she cooked for 9 full on roast completely restaurant style and she was wearing a backless cocktail dress and had conceded to the weather with a pair of white cashmere legwarmers grin you lot would crucify her

MaureenShit Sun 13-Jan-13 21:03:23

Tween season. Lol. I just bung a vest on

<slinks away from thread wearing Pistols and MK rose gold watch to start blog>

LifeofPo Sun 13-Jan-13 21:05:17

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now