Spot cream that actually works?

(95 Posts)
Dancergirl Mon 10-Dec-12 00:01:08

Can anyone recommend one? I've tried clean and clear, neutragena (sp?) and freederm and they all do NOTHING!

MordionAgenos Tue 11-Dec-12 22:47:22

It's not, you know. I tried to buy some today for Dd1, after reading this thread, and the pharmacist told me that there was a problem with the suppliers and no Boots anywhere had it now (cos I asked specifically if it was just that store that didn't have any - having a lady noted all the 'out of stock' messages on the Internet). sad

Dermalogica hit the spot, brilliant stuff.

chocolatespiders Tue 11-Dec-12 22:55:11

I used to use PanOxyl 2.5 which made my skin lovely but it has been taken off the market - it is milder than Quinoderm which made me itch. Since then I've struggled with spots again.

This is what has cleared DDs spots up cant believe it is now not available- I bought hers off amazon.

Malteser79 Tue 11-Dec-12 23:12:53

It's a roll-on liquid rather than a cream but one that really works for me is Nature's Response 'Spot Zapper'. I get it from my local pharmacy but it's also available on the internet, eg www.healthmonthly.co.uk/natures_response_spot_zapper_with_tea_tree_oil_witch_hazel_and_lavender
It helps to reduce inflammation and gets rid of any spots, big or small, much quicker.

becca26 Wed 12-Dec-12 01:23:25

Sudocreamsmile

QuickLookBusy Wed 12-Dec-12 09:37:33

I had a very sore big spot on my chin last night.

After reading about toothpaste I tried It. The spot is still there but it has gone down a lot and isn't painful anymore.smile

eggsfloursugarbutter Wed 12-Dec-12 11:37:48

savlon
toothpaste
kiehl's blue herbal spot treatment

kateecass Wed 12-Dec-12 15:14:33

DH got Quinoderm from pharmacy at Tesco today. Hope it works, we are both spotty at the moment sad

my DD swears by garlic (she read it in a teenage beauty book)... cut a clove of garlic and rub the cut area on the spot. yes it smells a bit, do it before bedtime and it really does seem to work.

Oblomov Wed 12-Dec-12 17:43:13

BUT, is the Quinoderm of today the same as it was in the olden days? THAT is the question.

FrameyMcFrame Wed 12-Dec-12 17:50:33

EVENING PRIMROSE OIL
just burst one of the little capsules and rub it on to spots. It's anti inflammitory and antiseptic. Also eat the capsules too.
Best thing for my PMS acne and also second asprin mask

akaemmafrost Wed 12-Dec-12 17:58:28

Savlon cream before bed. Works every time.

scrablet Wed 12-Dec-12 20:29:18

Bought Quinoderm last month in a Lloyd pharmacy.
It works, but ,boy does it dry your skin...

Hobbitation Wed 12-Dec-12 21:58:45

Toothpaste worked on an under the skin spot for me, still took a little while to go completely but it took the throbbing pain out of it.

ibizagirl Thu 13-Dec-12 06:13:05

If you mean proper spots (acne) then i have tried them all. None worked for me when i was young. Dd is now 13 and has had spots since about 6. She eventually was given Zineryt on prescription after trying everything over the counter. Zineryt lotion is the only one that works as it is an antibiotic. Good luck.

CinnamonCandle Thu 13-Dec-12 22:20:11

Help please. Christmas party tomorrow night and skin broken out really badly in pustular acne sad

I'm 44 and will be practically the oldest there, I don't want to be the spottiest!

I have Zineryt on prescription but can anyone advise any emergency measures?!

Honestly I could cry sad

I've got spots on both cheeks, along my jawline and around my mouth

Cerealqueen Thu 13-Dec-12 23:03:15

Try an Asprin face mask (google it) ?

CinnamonCandle Thu 13-Dec-12 23:08:19

Thanks! Someone also mentioned Aspirin upthread, will get some tomorrow. Only have Ibuprofen or Calpol, maybe I should mix them together and slap them on overnight??

Astrea Mon 14-Jan-13 10:14:40

Hi! Try K5 lipogel, which has a complete allergène free formulation (no hydroquinone or other not certified substances)

SundaySimmons Tue 04-Jun-13 14:08:17

Sorry to bump old thread but I googled mumsnet panoxyl and this was the latest thread to mention panoxyl!

I'm nearly 50, nothing worked for me better than panoxyl which is now discontinued.

Zineryt came second until it had no effect as my skin appeared to get used to it.

Quinoderm was hailed as a replacement, I tried it for six months and it did nothing at all, on some occasions my skin seemed worse.

The aspirin mask was ok ish.

Anyone else a big fan of panoxyl and has found anything to replace it? I used the strength 10 acnegel or aqua gel if the chemist had run out of acnegel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now