help! i have just had a complete brain melt and ordered the most hideous dress for a family christmas party...

(19 Posts)
101handbags Mon 10-Dec-12 11:47:28

My mum loves Roman Originals. But she is 75 and loves a nice floral skirt/sequinned neck t short combo. 34 and a size 10? This shop is not for you - send it back & treat yourself to something a lot more flattering - hope you find something you like elsewhere.

BarceyDussell Mon 10-Dec-12 11:28:21

Wah! They can't cancel the order. I have to wait for it to arrive then send it back.

Maybe I'll fall in love with it when it arrives..

<desperate>

BarceyDussell Sun 09-Dec-12 22:06:39

thanks youngblowfish

flybynight, your post really did make me laugh out loud, you brightened up my evening.

OP, better luck next time. FWIW, I feel your pain. I sometimes return home from shopping trips or have something delivered only to think, WTAF?

How about this from ebay? Over your budget, but I really like it.

BarceyDussell Sun 09-Dec-12 21:52:02

Thanks lemon, had never actually heard of Roman originals before

LemonBreeland Sun 09-Dec-12 21:32:29

Roman Originals is not a nice shop. The stuff looks okay from a distance then once you get in there it is awful.

Hope they cancel for you.

flybynight Sun 09-Dec-12 21:27:27

Those are some chunky knees on that model, Caerlaverock

BarceyDussell Sun 09-Dec-12 21:26:21

Good lord caeverlock!

Right, i have sent them an email begging them not to dispatch it to me for the love of humanity

Caerlaverock Sun 09-Dec-12 21:21:29
Bubblegum78 Sun 09-Dec-12 21:18:54

Send it back!

Go to New Look, Primark or Next and find yourself something nice! Look on ebay, I got several nice dresses for next to nothing. x

flybynight Sun 09-Dec-12 21:16:43

If I were a size ten, I wouldn't be ordering a tent, I would be running around naked and expecting congratulations.

But don't worry, you can always send it back and go to Primark or New Look if it doesn't work.

BarceyDussell Sun 09-Dec-12 21:16:40

Thank you, i will have a look at their returns policy just as soon as i can bring myself to look through their dowdy site without getting depressed.

mirpuppet Sun 09-Dec-12 21:14:25

Distance selling regulation -- send it back and they will even refund your postage if you do it within 7 days and remind them they have to under the law. You have to send back the whole order.

And start looking again smile

If it fits you properly (unlike the model) it wouldnt be that bad!

BarceyDussell Sun 09-Dec-12 21:10:10

Mrs crimbo i have no idea!!! I was googling black embellised shift dressesand wanted one for twent quid. Didnt really look properly at it. Buyers remorse and it hasnt even arrived yet!

Could a belt reslly salvage it?

mrscrimbobash Sun 09-Dec-12 21:08:01

It looks like it's cut for plus sizes. Model is not large at all but dress totally unflattering.

What were you thinking? !

NellyBluth Sun 09-Dec-12 21:07:15

It looks like it is three sizes too big for the model, it might actually be alright if it fits!

If it does hang around the waist, you could try a belt?

BarceyDussell Sun 09-Dec-12 21:05:26
BarceyDussell Sun 09-Dec-12 21:04:34

It doesnt even flatter the model.

I have never even heard of the shop but it seems to peddle frumpy dresses for middle aged ladies.

I am 34 and a size ten.

[[ http://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/invt/90942?colour=Black what was i thinking???]]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now