So, if you are large of foot, say 7 or above...Do you have large hands too?

(69 Posts)
yani Sat 24-Nov-12 09:35:30

Following on from the height / weight thread, and then the height / shoe size thread.

I have size 7 feet, and big hands.

It's something I'm quite conscious about, so never wear 3/4 length sleeves.

If you have man-hands, do you try to disguise them with chunky jewellery?

Do you wear nail varnish?

PuppyMonkey Sat 24-Nov-12 12:20:03

Size 7 is average shoe size in UK.

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Sat 24-Nov-12 12:22:21

I have size 7 feet and very long hands but not wide iyswim, I have very thin fingers.

MrsMeow Sat 24-Nov-12 12:54:24

I have size 7 feet and tiny hands. I'm a freak!

debka Sat 24-Nov-12 12:59:25

What's wrong with having big hands anyway?

Embrace your big-handed loveliness, I say.

Ilovecrossfit Sat 24-Nov-12 13:08:42

5ft10 size 7 feet and quite small hands, and loony skinny arms..the rest not so skinny...

As someone already said I do feel like a transvestite too sometimes x

Size 7/8 shoes and large sized marigolds. I've been told I have piano players fingers which I keep in a box under the stairs.

sausagesandwich34 Sat 24-Nov-12 13:13:29

I'm 6ft with size 10 feet and very square hands, not massive but not very ladylike

I don't where nail varnish as I did once and got a bloke coming up to me in a pub asking if I was a tranny hmm

I will wear false nails with a natural look for special occasions, but I don't like drawing attention to my hands or feet

I have discovered that if I wear heels it makes my feet look smaller -odd

GetorfsaMotherfuckingMorrisMan Sat 24-Nov-12 13:26:31

Size 8 or 9 feet, and big hands.

I don't care - I don't think I look particularly manly. I would look like a twat with ladylike hands, especially on the end of these orangutan arms.

auldspinster Sat 24-Nov-12 19:00:29

5ft 8, size 8 feet, small square hands, short stumpy fingers, slimish wrists and long arms. I do wear rings and nail varnish. I do like being surrounded by tall men, not very PC but it's nice to feel petite instead of the usual heifer.

PragmaticWench Sat 24-Nov-12 19:46:08

auldspinster has a point about tall men, they do make you feel more feminine if you're tall! I found my DH on match.com and intentionally searched more for taller men. They also tend to have bigger hands and feet so you don't feel huge.

Dawndonna Sat 24-Nov-12 19:51:04

Size 9 feet and builders hands. I have bigger hands than almost every bloke I know. I'm only 5'4"!

WholeLottaRosie Sat 24-Nov-12 19:52:58

5ft 4, size 8 feet and big hands. I've never even thought about trying to disguise them, if anything it's the opposite; paint my nails and wear big rings etc.

The only time someone has commented was my hairdresser a few months ago saying "OMG What has happened to your hands, they're massive!"
She genuinely thought I'd injured them somehow to make them so big grin

kaumana Sat 24-Nov-12 19:55:48

Just short of 5'7 size 6 feet and tiny hands, sis taller with size 7 feet and tiny hands.

WholeLottaRosie Sat 24-Nov-12 19:57:03

Have you ever done that thing where you hold your hand flat against your foot? The bit where you would tie your laces if you were wearing trainers, if you put your wrist there so your hand lays flat the end of your fingers should match the end of your toes.

Dawndonna Sat 24-Nov-12 20:01:13

Nope, just tried that whole and hands are bigger. What's really worrying is that my toes have been shortened!
grin

Fozzleyplum Sat 24-Nov-12 20:02:06

I have very wide size 8 feet with very long knobbly toes like Nik Naks. My hands are quite large and very long, but fortunately they are an elegant shape with long fingers. I also have "gangly" wrists - they are knobbly and the bottom part of my arm is quite skinny, so I look a bit weird in 3/4 length sleeves.

Although I'm on the slim side of normal (size 10), I suit chunky jewellery, probably because I'm quite tall and raw boned. I look very odd in skinny jeans with shoes rather than boots, as my feet look huge.

Have just read this before posting - realise I sound like a freak!

44SoStartingOver Sat 24-Nov-12 20:02:33

5'7" with 8-9 feet but wear a medium in gloves and a size n wedding ring. Bangles fit, but I always need a long chain for pendants.

I wear heels, platforms etc and tower over dh and nail polish. Whilst I am pretty big (shoulders etc) and muscular , I am quite hourglassy and wear my hair long.

I don't think I ever look trannyish as my look is quite natural.

PerryCombover Sat 24-Nov-12 20:06:04

I have size 8 ish feet but massive hands
Luckily it is mostly v long fingers but my ex h and I had the same ring size

PerryCombover Sat 24-Nov-12 20:22:01

Also I have never been able to get any bangles or bracelets over my giant fists ffs

WholeLottaRosie Sat 24-Nov-12 20:31:29

Evans sell bangles that are designed to go over large wrists, last year I bought a heap of thin metal ones just so I could jangle them about - haven't been able to do that since I was about twelve grin

DrinkFeckArseGirls Sat 24-Nov-12 20:31:45

No.

yani Sat 24-Nov-12 21:45:45

Crikey...go away for a few hours, and lots of replies smile

Dh is tall, and like others I do feel feminine and less clunky when out with him.

Jewellery wise, I tend to wear several thinner bracelets or hinged bangles.

My big hands came in handy(!) when I used to be a waitress, carrying several plates of food in one hand. grin

I have size 7 feet and ridiculously small hands. I do have large wrists, though. My frame in general is large (size 14, 5'8", large chest - wrist measurement puts me as a 'large frame'), but my hands are positively child-like with fat fingers

MrsMorton Sun 25-Nov-12 14:51:58

I've got size 8 feet (they are lovely though, just big) my hands are huge, the same size as H but I'm 5'5" and he's 6'4". They call me Edwina shovel hands at work. My hands are huge but again, they are well formed, my wrists are tiny though. I often can't get shirts on without undoing the cuffs but my fingers are long and slim.

LittleFriendSusan Mon 26-Nov-12 12:41:23

5ft5, size 6.5-7 shoes here and massive hands. Broad rather than particularly long - my hands are much wider than DP's. I also have large knuckles with very defined rolls of skin. I always think my hands are a bit ape-like. Don't I sound delightful? grin

I avoid rings as feel they draw attention to my hands, and also I find if they fit past my knuckles, they are too loose around the base of my fingers. Jewellery-wise, I can't usually get bangles etc over my hands, but don't mind a chunky watch or cuff, or a bracelet with a clasp. I have yet to find nice leather gloves which are a comfortable fit.

I avoided nail varnish for years, as again thought it would draw unwanted attention to my man-hands, but had a nice French gel-type manicure this summer (shortish nails) and found my hands did actually look slightly more feminine. Also don't mind short dark-coloured nails now either. I have very dry hands too so have been really trying hard recently to get them in better shape.

Frame / weight -wise, I weigh a lot heavier than I look so think I am just big-boned. I also struggle to get hats to fit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now