Crepeys do Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueenie Sun 18-Nov-12 15:03:08

Will this fit the bill. Dull but seasonal?

Stropperella Mon 28-Jan-13 21:18:31
bigTillyMint Mon 28-Jan-13 21:35:14

blush I MEANT the Kitchen, I just wrote Grill by mistakeblush I will book it online now.

Re Cubana, it's here - I can probably get there about 5.30....

bigTillyMint Mon 28-Jan-13 21:37:45

Right, have booked it online via Strops's link for 7.30smile

And someone witty needs to think of our next thread title very soon!

bigTillyMint Mon 28-Jan-13 21:44:00

Also just noticed Happy Hour is 5-7 there - Happy Days!grin

herbaceous Mon 28-Jan-13 22:13:11

STOP TALKING ABOUT PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM. I'm so hungry I'm about to digest my own duodenum.

The cauliflower and tofu thing was enlivened by ginger, chilli, garlic and sesame but was still too 'worthy'.

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 28-Jan-13 22:22:15

But I bet you felt unbearably smug and virtuous after eating it. And not a little windy too. grin

rubyrubyruby Mon 28-Jan-13 22:26:00

Happy Hour!!! grin

herbaceous Mon 28-Jan-13 22:29:15

I did feel pretty smug, yes. Exacerbated by eschewing the biscuits at choir. But now I don't know how I'll sleep for the hunger.

beachyhead Mon 28-Jan-13 22:40:25

I am so happy it's not the Waterloo Bar and Grill... I've just walked past there and it's closed down...

Just seen The Effect at the National and omg, still shaking from the power of it. I think it got crap reviews but I thought it was incredible... Made me cry hmm

Blackduck Tue 29-Jan-13 06:14:54

Hi Herbs <deliberately ignoring all these Crepeys brandishing 100% chocolate and peanut butter ice cream> I went to bed with my tummy rumbling, but have woken up not feeling any hungrier than I usually do first thing in the morning, so maybe there is something in it!
And I LIKE tofu (though usually of the salt and pepper variety which I suspect is NOT low cal....)

herbaceous Tue 29-Jan-13 07:44:30

My tofu was the marinated variety, which is less slimy than other varieties.

And yes! I've woken up no hungrier than normal, despite being kept awake by hunger lady night.

rubyrubyruby Tue 29-Jan-13 08:37:24

BD(or anyone else) - I don't know if you will need to stay overnight if you come on 8th but I have just been emailed a £10off travel-lodge code. Let me know if you want it and I will PM you.

Just looked at Bar and Kitchen menu - I won't be ordering Tofu wink
<<goes off to view cocktail menu>>

Blackduck Tue 29-Jan-13 08:42:39

Haloumi - yum!!

Thanks for offer Ruby but if I come I will trek home to Chez parents where I shall have to be a model of decorum who are used to my drunken antics

CointreauVersial Tue 29-Jan-13 13:12:14

Barf at tofu (slimy or otherwise).

Presumably, Herbs, you are on an eating day today? <mental image of Mr Creosote from Monty Python forcing down his "waffer thin mint"> grin

herbaceous Tue 29-Jan-13 13:52:39

I am on an eating day, and hav just devoured dee-licious grilled chicken burger at soft play. Mmm. Mayo. But had no room for the chips!

Blackduck Tue 29-Jan-13 14:26:57

Herbs - are you working on a set two days (mine, I think, will be Monday and Thursday). I found it harder yesterday than I did last Thursday, but I think that is because I was consciously thinking about it more.
Today (thus far) I have pretty much eaten the same as yesterday and no more.....

bigTillyMint Tue 29-Jan-13 16:54:38

I am also barfing at tofu!

BD and Herbs, I am very impressed at your will-power.

Just back from our free trip up the Shard - WOW! The lift did something wierd to my ears/sense of balance, but it was worth it for the views, even on a dull and dismal January daysmile

BTW, if yo want to go straight in and up it's only £100 per personshock £30 if you're prepared to queue!

herbaceous Tue 29-Jan-13 16:57:30

BD - my fast days are Monday and Thursday too! Seems the sensible option if one is to avoid the weekend and need at least one day of gorging in between.

Blackduck Tue 29-Jan-13 18:01:55

It isn't as hard (I find) as lo-carbing. Only two days when you seriously have to think about it. But tonight, within reason I can have what I like - might even be salt and paper tofu grin

CointreauVersial Tue 29-Jan-13 18:59:50

envy envy How did you get a free trip, BTM?

And why is it so eyewateringly expensive? For that amount of money I'd want a glass of champers and a foot massage at the top, at the very least.

rubyrubyruby Tue 29-Jan-13 19:13:38

Now if I was doing this fasting thing I would have to go with Mon and Weds to allow room for error. SIL Someone would be bound to turn up on a Thursday evening with wine and it would all go horribly wrong.

I'm getting irate atvthe lack of houses for sale. The one the same as mine sold within weeks though so that's encouraging smile

bigTillyMint Tue 29-Jan-13 19:25:18

CV - free tickets for Southwark schoolswink It's only £30 for a normal ticket! I bet there'll be offers on after a while.
There is a hotel and spa up there but I bet that's ££££££££'s!

herbaceous Tue 29-Jan-13 19:46:39

We're being talked about in the S&B forum! Fame!

Also, we need a new thread title! We've done 'creped crusaders' haven't we. Wattled and daubed?
Age shall not wither them?

Blackduck Tue 29-Jan-13 19:50:32

Alternatively we could go and take over that thread smile

Wind is howling here, lights are breaking left, right and centre...think I'll go and eat cake as its a food day.....

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 29-Jan-13 20:14:20

Crepeys do Pancake Day? A Galette of Crepeys? I dunno...

Had two good bits of news today. I passed my French exam. smile And someone I have been giving coaching in interview skills to got a job!

I wrote my Aunt's birthday card today, knowing it will be the last one I send her. sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.