Crepeys do Christmas...

(1000 Posts)
oldqueenie Sun 18-Nov-12 15:03:08

Will this fit the bill. Dull but seasonal?

rubyrubyruby Thu 22-Nov-12 22:33:25

So - are you all ok then?

CointreauVersial Thu 22-Nov-12 23:05:26

Hey, Rubes, hey Wilbur - been busy?

I am well jel about your drinkies tomorrow. I just wish I could shrug off my domestic commitments, but it isn't going to happen. And DS has a late return from his "important" football match tomorrow (his Y8 team are doing rather well in the Schools Cup and he is off to Essex to do battle with their finest).

Nice boots, Wilbur. I bought a very similar pair from Clarks that were mighty comfy, but slipped off my heels when I walked, so they had to go back. There is a 20% discount around at the moment and I'm contemplating these for work.

BTM - my sewing machine was a 16th birthday present! And it was in action only yesterday, taking in some charity shop trousers that were a little too wide.

FuckingWonderwoman Thu 22-Nov-12 23:12:35

Well, I am exhausted and drained after my exam. I felt in need of retail therapy afterwards so went to Selfridges and bought a Very Large Bottle of Expensive Perfume. And lots of stocking fillers from Primark. grin

FuckingWonderwoman Thu 22-Nov-12 23:15:10

I have also been wearing my new Camper ankle boots. I suspect they are Mum Boots. They have given me a blister.

CointreauVersial Thu 22-Nov-12 23:29:40

Ooh, which perfume did you buy?

rubyrubyruby Thu 22-Nov-12 23:32:41

Glad the exam went ok MrsS.

My daily boots are not Mum boots they are more Granny boots tbh.

CointreauVersial Thu 22-Nov-12 23:44:02

I can't believe anyone as super-glam as you has granny boots, Ruby.wink

This mum boot thing is a minefield! I need some heeled black leather boots, not too high, to wear under trousers for work, and it's a thin line I have to tread......

FuckingWonderwoman Thu 22-Nov-12 23:46:23

Your favourite, CV. grin

rubyrubyruby Thu 22-Nov-12 23:50:39

CV - yes, it's sad but true. Definitely warm and waterproof Granny boots.
I like those Clarks boots you linked to in the tan. I love tan boots but they are not my colour. I do ignore this fact of course!

Blackduck Fri 23-Nov-12 07:49:31

Happy Friday all! Been the journey from hell here this week what with all the rain!
I too am envy of drinks tonight, but have the folks up. AND I bought my first Christmas present yesterday! (One down, a zillion to go)
MrsS congrats on the exam smile
I need new boots, am loving the ones on conkers site, but also like a pair of El Naturalista...

bigTillyMint Fri 23-Nov-12 07:53:02

ruby! I was only wondering where you'd got to yesterday!

Well done on the exam MrsS - I will be trawling Primarni for stocking fillers later... And I have to get to Selfridges to pick up some trainers that DD has her heart set on - hope they hold onto them till I get there.

Am feeling mighty drawn to those boots wilbur. And there's a 20% off code ATM....

rubyrubyruby Fri 23-Nov-12 09:34:45

BD - I love El Naturalista boots but have never actually bought any. There is so much choice I can never make a decision. I need a rubber dole these days!

rubyrubyruby Fri 23-Nov-12 09:35:36

sole - ( on phone) in bed

CointreauVersial Fri 23-Nov-12 09:38:54

shock MrsS, does the perfume start with a C? In a big square bottle?? envy

rubyrubyruby Fri 23-Nov-12 09:41:34

I was so bloody cross yesterday - I encountered some awful road rage out on the road with my trainees.. He was heading in the opposite direction or I would have got his plate number and got my colleague to run it through the police computer check.

Really aggressive and sweary just because we held him up for about 10 seconds! I smiled in the knowledge that he was unaware of the roadworks and massive jam he was about to encounter just up the road grin

CointreauVersial Fri 23-Nov-12 09:42:11

Ruby, I like the tan ones but it's black ones for work that I need. They aren't cheap but sound nice and (there's that word again) comfy.

CointreauVersial Fri 23-Nov-12 09:43:14

I had Secret Santa rage yesterday, in fact I might just start a thread about it.

rubyrubyruby Fri 23-Nov-12 09:48:45

Gwaaaan CV!

rubyrubyruby Fri 23-Nov-12 10:38:30

and yes I have been busy but I have a day off today so I'm having a good clean. Taken on too much work but loving it and not wanting to cut back as I think my hours will probably reduce over the next few months.

DS2 has been sittings his mocks and we have been spending our evenings visiting 6th form colleges/schools. The other 2 are at the 'options' stage too so my days and evenings have been full!

rubyrubyruby Sat 24-Nov-12 07:38:57

You're not all still out drinking without me are you????!!

Blackduck Sat 24-Nov-12 09:19:16

I'm here! Folks up so off out when I can get p to move.
El Naturalista boots are fab (say she who has three pairs...)

rubyrubyruby Sat 24-Nov-12 10:01:08

Really BD? 5?

I love them but do they last?
And sizing?

rubyrubyruby Sat 24-Nov-12 10:02:45

5! - I meant 3.

You probably need 5 - that's why I was confused wink

Blackduck Sat 24-Nov-12 10:11:02

They last, and are good tempered. My current work ones have got soaked, muddy, stood on by the dog and are still fine ;)
Sizing - I'm generally a 3.5 (36) and fine they are fine - 4 is usually a tad too big, a 3 is fine (unless you wear thick socks). I am converting these. Currently wearing these to death...

rubyrubyruby Sat 24-Nov-12 10:24:45

Lovely

Have a look on the Javari website BD. I'm on my phone but they seem to have more styles / colours than Amazon.

This thread is not accepting new messages.