had my semi permanent make up done (eyebrows) - IT. IS. AMAZING.

(56 Posts)
MoomieAndFreddie Wed 14-Nov-12 17:20:27

i cannot stop looking in the mirror at myself blush

they look brilliant. perfect, tiny hairstrokes, a lovely arch, a perfect browny black colour exactly like my natural hair colour, and they are completely symetterical (sp?) . they completely open up my face and eyes and i have no make up on at all and yet i somehow look lightly made up and natural.

i have eyebrows for the first time, like, ever AND I WILL NEVER HAVE TO DRAW THEM ON AGAIN! well for at least a year anyway

i love them

one downside - it FOOKING hurt

Far better than my nearly non existent ones that have to be drawn on every day, also the result of alopecia. I really ought to look into this. Just seems like such a lot of money.

MoomieAndFreddie Sun 18-Nov-12 17:16:34

oh whoknows its sooooo worth it, honestly.

moonshine Sun 18-Nov-12 17:48:28

I regularly come on to these threads and bang on about how semi-permanent tattooing has been life-changing for me - I've recently had a diagnosis of alopeica areata which officially explains why I am hairless on certain parts of my body (sadly mostly the wrong bits!)

No drawing them on every day, no checking the mirror a million times a day just in case I have wiped half an eyebrow off in the rain or with sweat etc

And they look loads better than drawn-on ones.

Mine are coming up to their 3-year anniversary and have faded a fair bit I still feel confident and happy with them (although I think I will get them redone in the new year).

Worth. Every. Single. Penny.

How did you all go about finding your tattooist? None of the ones linked are anywhere near me, I have tried googling but the only ones I have found even remotely nearby haven't looked very impressive om their websites, but I could travel to London.

Where do you live Whoknows?

Hampshire (but a long way from the coast, therefore Brighton is not all that close). I am thinking I would rather travel a bit for a good one rather than focus too locally though.

How close is Southampton? I don't know anyone who's had semi permanent make up from there but I know Xavier and he would only have someone good working for him:
www.xavier-g.com/tr_semi_permanent_makeup.html

It's about an hour's drive away, so that would be do-able, I will have a look at your link, thank you.

Spoiltexpatbrat Sun 18-Nov-12 19:14:09

Damn you, I gave just spent an hour googling and translating places in Paris. I need this done! Not sure if I'm brave enough due to the language barrier hmm

Back to google...

MABS Sun 18-Nov-12 19:14:33

I went to the same place Akissisnotacontract, she is great. But not eyebrows, just eye definer..which i love love love!

fromparistoberlin Mon 19-Nov-12 09:54:05

reading with interest, mine are sparse and blonde it soo NOT a good look

think I will treat myself come bonus time

how much??

MoomieAndFreddie Mon 19-Nov-12 09:57:02

mine were meant to be £350 but the salon had a 25% off everything offer so were about £260

they are usually about £300 - £600 generally i think

fromparistoberlin Mon 19-Nov-12 10:00:01

owch, in west london coming up at £500

and this is not something to do on the cheap!!!!

MoomieAndFreddie Mon 19-Nov-12 10:21:10

no, definitely not fromparis

i have seen it cheaper, but TBH i really think this is one thing that you don't want to get on the cheap, as you would have to live with the results far longer than you would a crap haircut or dodgy leg wax or something

fromparistoberlin Mon 19-Nov-12 10:48:00

indeed, I mean they are basically a tattoo, right?

can you imagine if they wont wrong! shudders!

MoomieAndFreddie Mon 19-Nov-12 11:42:26

omg it would be awful!

Dh says the last time he went for a tattoo, the tattoo parlour was advertising permanent eyebrows, eyeliner, lip liner etc

but the difference is with semi permanent make up they only last a maximum of 5 years whereas tattoos are FOREVER (other than having them lasered off at great expense and pain)

Djembe Mon 19-Nov-12 12:02:20

Ooh I'd like this if not so £££ !

I am too scared to even use an eyebrow pencil in case it looks ridiculously fake, despite having horrendous overplucked eyebrows which weren't ever a nice shape anyway. I need to venture to a make-up counter and be taught how.

Spoiltexpatbrat Mon 19-Nov-12 12:09:33

djembe try a powder instead of pencil, use a slanted eyebrow brush and the results will be much more natural. Estée Lauder counters do a brow service free of charge and will show you how to apply smile

I'm still googling for a place in Paris, waiting for a call back from one lady who is said to be the best in the area.

No prices on her website though hmm I can see this is going to be expensive!

HoLLYT86 Wed 21-Nov-12 12:47:10

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

HoLLYT86 Wed 21-Nov-12 12:50:51

by the way its not just eyebrows you can get done you can also get eyeliner and lip liner! I have it all done and its great! All i do in the morning is stick a bit of tinted moisturiser on (sometimes mascara if i fancy it) and i look like i have spent a long time perfecting my make up its great! Especially when you go on holiday or go swimming you still look fab and no smudges all over your face!

gingerchick Wed 21-Nov-12 12:57:42

What area are you in HoLLY I really want mine done!

MoomieAndFreddie Wed 21-Nov-12 14:48:25

oh holly why could you not have posted that a couple of weeks ago?! Lol

Do you have a website or anything? Any photo's of your work? And where are you? Sorry for all the questions its just some of my friends want theirs done after seeing mine!

Spoiltexpatbrat Wed 21-Nov-12 16:09:47

Holly I hope you are in paris wink

Twinkle555 Mon 28-Oct-13 22:17:09

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Jellypudmum Mon 28-Oct-13 22:22:36

Any body know of a good place near Chesterfield or sheffield?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now