what bra size am I?

(119 Posts)
FauxFox Mon 29-Oct-12 08:40:31

Underbust is 32" across the fullest bit is 40" I am wearing 32E but i've changed my pill and they feel a bit tight now so i'm wondering if I need a new size hmm

Ah, is this where all the small backed folks are? I'm a 26G (or thereabouts, dependent on style/brand/TOTM). I've asked MN to do a campaign for stores to stock a realistic range of bra sizes, as they currently fail to cater for lots of women. Why do shops sell dresses etc in size 6, but not bras that size 6 women could wear under them?

I'm taking dd bra shopping today for her first bra. She's too shy to get fitted and it's unlikely that she will allow me into the changing cubicle to help her with fitting so i'm hoping someone can help me with sizes.
She's 29 under and 35 over, any suggestions as to what size that would make her?

I'm taking dd bra shopping today for her first bra. She's too shy to get fitted and it's unlikely that she will allow me into the changing

Norkilychallenged - that sounds like insufficient scooping to me. The bulges need to be manhandled in to the cups.

HazleNutt Mon 08-Apr-13 20:06:10

ever you would be 26DD, but it's pretty impossible to find. try 28D.

I've been fascinated with bra threads for ages, finally went shopping today. I've been wearing 36A or 34B, am size 12, 5'6, used to be slimmer but bit bigger since I had 3 kids. Happiest without a bra tbh though that doesn't look good under clothes...

I'm 31.5 under and maybe 36 over (hard to tell even with the leaning forward thing)
tried on 30E (E!) and 32D today in JL. Still unconvinced though. The back fat, bulges! I have never had that before, was most distressing. Also didn't feel I quite filled the cups either so maybe I measured wrong?
got a slightly padded balcony style in 32D but the back fat is depressing (then also got lovely dress in JL sale but realise when I got home that it made me look pregnant as my yummy is big so all in all I'm feeling quite rubbish about my flab now sad. )

EverSoCurious Mon 08-Apr-13 17:58:45

What bra size am I?
Details = I am 26" underbust and 31" fullest ..
I am currently wearing a 28B but it is leaving a lot of red marks and there are bulges over the top of the bra ( and it is not a push up! )
What do you think?
All help much appreciated smile

EverythingInMjiniature Tue 05-Mar-13 08:16:05

Thankyou! Will go bra shopping after payday smile

A 26 is pretty impossible to track down although Panache are supposed to be launching some soon and Ewa Michalak will make them for you too. However it would be worth trying some 28s too - the Bravissimo Betty Bow is a bra I own which comes up very small in the back (I had to size up) so try that in a 28. Your measurements suggest a 28FF/G but if you are wearing a 30G and the cup is ok I would suggest trying a 28GG

EverythingInMjiniature Tue 05-Mar-13 07:51:02

Ok I'm 27 below, 36 on the boobs. Currently wear a 30g from being measured in r&p ages ago, from this should be wearing a 26H?? Does that even exist? Often in 32ff as find 30s hard enough to find!

CelticPromise Tue 05-Mar-13 07:25:09

smile

I posted on the bra intervention thread and yes you did give me a shock grin

FF! My bras range in size up to dd but I have been wearing a saggy old B cup bra today blush

I'm determined to try some on, find the perfect bra and never wear a crappy one again. At least i have an excuse now to go shopping with dd1.

Go On headfirst, you might get a shock!

Thank you! It never even occurred to me to try a B. We will try some next time we go to town smile

My bra's are okay , not uncomfortable but could be better i suppose! I haven't measured for yonks!

CelticPromise Mon 04-Mar-13 18:31:29

HeadFirst she would be a 28B, and the small cup may have made the band feel too tight for her. Or she may be happy with a soft bra for the time being as she's not big.

Are you happy with your own bra size? Come and join the bra revolution, there's a Better Bra Campaign thread going on smile

I know this thread is a bit Zombie-ish now, but can anyone advise me on bra size for my dd? She is 28 ins under bust, 30 around the fullest part. We did try some 28 A's and AA's on a few weeks ago but she said the band felt too tight. She is quite sensitive to things like labels etc though, they drive her mad, so that may just be unfamilarity.

Another victory for the bra fitting squad!

HazleNutt Sat 17-Nov-12 19:29:40

Yes, a WIN! A friend of mine I've been complaining about is visiting. She was insisting she needs a 38E bra. The back was literally around her neck. She's now wearing a 34G and was happy to admit I'm right. grin

MadAboutHotChoc Wed 07-Nov-12 15:25:57

Thanks - will have to go bra shopping as I am usually a 34/36b grin

Start with a 34d

MadAboutHotChoc Wed 07-Nov-12 15:10:12

34 under bust and 37-38 across the bust - what should I be wearing?

You should buy for the bigger boob and pad the smaller one. If you could get a 32 done up it is probably right as you do need to measure pretty firmly underneath . Try brastop, figleaves, bravissimo and leia for 32hh- at least it sounds like you were able to get pretty close in the shop so these should be about right.

Lovecat Wed 07-Nov-12 14:57:44

Back again <hopes someone is still around>

I went bra shopping yesterday and tried on several different styles of 34FF and 34G. FF too tight, G gaping on one boob [grr]

Bearing in mind Statistically's tips on the other thread, however, I think I must have measured myself incorrectly because I could get all of my fingers up through the 34 bras, and they were fairly comfy on the tightest notch rather than the tightness that others on this thread have mentioned. So I tried a 32H. The band fits brilliantly, but the cups were too small. No 32HHs available in my local shops, I may have to resort to the interweb...

If one cup gapes, is it better to go for that size and buy some sort of padding (sorry if this has already been covered) rather than try and squish the larger boob into a smaller cup?

Lovecat Sun 04-Nov-12 10:23:16

Thank you, Statistically smile

34 FF and G would be good starting points. If you look over on the "small boobs" thread I have posted a list of things to check for a good fitting bra (near the bottom of the thread!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now