what bra size am I?

(119 Posts)
FauxFox Mon 29-Oct-12 08:40:31

Underbust is 32" across the fullest bit is 40" I am wearing 32E but i've changed my pill and they feel a bit tight now so i'm wondering if I need a new size hmm

CelticPromise Wed 31-Oct-12 08:21:37

Sunshine try a 28C and a 30B. 32 is definitely too big in the back!

SorrelForbes Wed 31-Oct-12 08:21:39

Sunshine. Ok, try a 28D, 28C or a 30B. However, I think you may find the 28 a better fit and don't be surprised if you need a 28D. Happy shopping. grin

SorrelForbes Wed 31-Oct-12 08:25:09

Hmmm, Just did it again with third measurement and it came out as a 36C which is what M&S put me as! I measure 30 underneath therefore I need a 30 back.

blizy Wed 31-Oct-12 08:35:21

sorrel would you mind giving me a mesurement please?
I am 38 across the back and 43 1/2 over the fullest part of my boobs.

Panzee Wed 31-Oct-12 08:36:09

I've tried that way of measuring but it's just too darn tight. I don't know how anyone can wear the "exact size" without adding inches. I couldn't breathe!

SorrelForbes Wed 31-Oct-12 08:38:02

Hi Blizy. I'd try a 38DD or a 38E. I suspect the latter might be your best bet. Remember to try different styles.

SorrelForbes Wed 31-Oct-12 08:39:41

Panzee - the correct band size will be fine as long as the cup is big enough. The band on a 30 fits perfectly (snug but comfy) but only in a FF and upwards. It would be excruciating in a smaller cup.

It sounds to me that you need to try bigger cups.

SunshineOutdoors Wed 31-Oct-12 08:40:34

<faints at the idea of having a c or a d cup>

Thank you! I'n looking forward to trying this out

HazleNutt Wed 31-Oct-12 08:40:56

Panzee, I wear what I measure or even smaller back size. The problem here is usually the too small cup size - I'm a 32FF, but if I tried to squeeze myself into a 32DD, I certainly could not breathe either!

blizy Wed 31-Oct-12 08:41:00

Thank you! I am currently wearing a 40 ff but the wires are not flat in between my breasts iyswim? ( i was measured in M+S).

SorrelForbes Wed 31-Oct-12 08:47:07

Ah, wonderful M&S wink

Yep, if the centre gore isn't sitting flat then you definitely need a bigger cup.

As a rule most people need to go up in the cup and down in the back.

SorrelForbes Wed 31-Oct-12 08:48:41

Sorry Blizy should have also said that you need to get the back sorted first. The cup can be much more variable depending on style.

blizy Wed 31-Oct-12 09:01:43

Thank you, I think I understand. I'm going bra shopping on Friday, wish me luck.grin

AGeeksWife Wed 31-Oct-12 09:07:12

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the recent bra threads- I have just bought a 42DD when I had been wearing a 46E. I took note at trying all different sizes (the 44DD was too small, but a different style to this).

My boobs are perkier than they've ever been and I feel nicely held and supported! It's amazing!

I'd never ever have picked up a bra in this size before these threads, I can't stop looking at my awesome boobs!

SorrelForbes Wed 31-Oct-12 09:24:35

That's great to hear AGeeksWife. Everyone deserves awesome boobs grin

Countingfriends Wed 31-Oct-12 09:57:15

I will try scooping smile But I think it's just fat- not boobs as mine are pretty perky and all round the front not under my armpitsgrin

But honestly, some bra sizes are so different.

I recently tried two M& bras in a 32 back.

One was so loose I needed a 30- but didn't bother trying due to shortage of time, and the other was so tight I couldn't even fasten the hooks.

I have found J Lewis backs generous- am curently in 32Cs but reckon I could go into a 30D.

It works for the fat too, promise...you just have to be fairly vigorous ;)

Sizes can be pretty mad though, I am a pretty consistent 30 but bought a freya wired sports bra and had to send back as it would not even close- even with dh doing it.

HazleNutt Wed 31-Oct-12 10:23:32

Yes sports bras are a different matter - I'm always 32 with Freya, but their sports bra was way too small. I also go up a back size or even 2 with Shock absorbers.

I always go up one in shock absorbers too, their sizing is bonkers.

Back2Two Wed 31-Oct-12 10:32:12

This is a good thread. I haven't got much to scoop, just tiny boobs. But I'm in a 34B and my back measurement is only just 29-30 so my bra can't be right.

I put it on the tightest catch and I can get a whole pumpkin under it (well....definitely more than 2 fingers!)

I'm thinking 30D or something for me?

I would also try a 28, what is your overbust measuring?

plumedematante Wed 31-Oct-12 10:59:07

Sorrell! You're brilliant!

So- if i am 32 inches underneath and 35 inches across the fullest part - err what size am I? I seriously have no clue as have recently lost a lot of weight. I wear a 34 C but it doesnt feel quite right

vodkaanddietirnbru Wed 31-Oct-12 11:09:15

32C might be better

Back2Two Wed 31-Oct-12 11:35:06

If that was to me statisticslly my overbust is 35
Thanks

TiredMule Wed 31-Oct-12 11:44:18

Can I have help please?!

I really NEED new bras as i've been bf ing for the last 6 years and have just finished.....i've been wearing the same bras for the last 4 years at least shock they do not fit at all-for many reasons including how old and out of shape they are!!

I've just measured after my shower with no clothes on i'm almost 31" under and 35 over.

What should I try for my sad now empty sacks?!

I'm very excited about having nice well fitting bras!! Just have to organise the time to shop without the dd's!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now