Long Tall Sally have surpassed themselves this time

(65 Posts)
OctaviaBrennan Wed 10-Oct-12 21:16:54

How gopping is this exactly? Do they share designers with Per Una?www.longtallsally.com/tall/tops/short-sleeve/tree-print-t-shirt/multi?category=f-084_newarrivals

AgathaFusty Fri 12-Oct-12 08:43:38

EnjoyVampires grin - so true.

ThingsThatGoBump - I've bought a few things from Tallgirls, but I have found their sizes a bit hit and miss (like LTS really) and they don't change their stock very often. Some of the stuff on the site currently seems to have been their site for a couple of years now.

Has anyone found anywhere to get tall swimwear from? I usually wear a tankini but the gap between top and bottoms is too much. I've tried swimsuits and tankinis from next tall range, but they are built like tanks and look horrible on - too much padding. I'm not keen on any of the swimsuits on LTS or Tallgirls.

QuiteOldGal Fri 12-Oct-12 09:08:57

Agatha BHS and M&S do longer length swimsuits, I find they are just right for me as a fairly long bodied 5'10". It depends how tall you are. M&S only online I think though for long length.

I also have got a tankini from Boden that came up fairly long.

MrsBucketxx Fri 12-Oct-12 09:14:17

i used to buy lots from there, but its very mumsy

there are much better tall ranges in next, top shop, new look.

the top is horrid though.

MrsBucketxx Fri 12-Oct-12 09:18:51

some of the dresses look nice though, dont have anywhere nice to where them but still.

confuddledDOTcom Fri 12-Oct-12 09:19:59

I used to be a Saturday girl for LTS, I used to love the clothes although many out of my price range! The longer I've not worked for them, the less I've liked their stuff. I'm quite short for LTS, but still too tall for a lot of other shops.

I think they would blame their prices on the quantities they sell.

ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight Fri 12-Oct-12 12:22:28

I'm 6ft 3 with a long body AND long legs <sigh>
I lost count of how many times i've cried in shops
It pisses me off when i go shopping with DP because i see something nice and he eagerly says 'do you want it?' and he would get it for me too, but i have to hang it back up and try not to do the wobbly lip thing.

Its not just that LTS ect are more expensive .. they are double the price on a lot of things.

I have very few clothes as a result.

Whoever said tallgirls like lts is hit and miss on the sizing, aren't they just?!

Tried mens jeans but its rare to get them in a 37-38 inside leg first off then you wear them and as they're cut for men you get a baggy bulge look going on at the front sad

Judging from the size of the kids in just my local school someone somewhere needs to pull their finger out and make something affordable, and fashionable for tall people. They'd be sold out in minutes.
I refuse to pay an extra £20 for an extra 4-5 inches of material.. as a result i wear the clothes i do have to death before considering buying new ones.

valiumredhead Fri 12-Oct-12 13:25:27

I've just been looking at NEXT - anyone know how long their T shirts etc tend to come up? I hate it when they don't say how many inches long something is!

littlemissloud Fri 12-Oct-12 13:30:39

I find it so frustrating that being tall means clothes shopping is a nightmare. Agree with previous posters that LTS pricing is just insane at times. I would also say they are very mumsy, I'm 29, 6'1, curvy 14 with 36 inside leg. I should be their target market, I work in a good job don't yet have children and so have a reasonable amount of disposable income. However I never really buy from them as the style is just awful. Key pieces are not on trend or when they are the interpretation is awful. Classics and basics are unreasonably priced, it's like they w getting it wrong on all fronts. I think their nightwear range is gorgeous, love that they now do seperate pj bottoms but again the pricing is very off putting.

Real shame as they should be top of my shopping list but in reality I check out the catalogue and never really buy.

purplehouse Fri 12-Oct-12 13:30:47

That's what LTS need to realise ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight.

I still wore my last long sleeved top from LTS when it had 3 holes in it. I finally had to stop wearing it when my little DS tried to cuddle me and put a 6 inch rip in it!

There is such a huge market for tall clothes and I would probably own 5x the amount of clothes that I do if I could actually buy things that fit for a fair price.

I think that High and Mighty are guilty of going down a similar route with the premium goods. I saw a short sleeved polo shirt with collar in there for £130! I would have a fit if my H bought that. Well, maybe I would sympathise with the sizing issue when I calmed down, but it is such a rip off.

And yes, this problem needs to be sorted - it is likely that both my DCs will have trouble getting clothes in the future.

Kopparbergkate Fri 12-Oct-12 13:35:31

And just to add to the LTS complaints; I ordered the maternity denim skirt from them 2 weeks ago. It was showing as "in stock" on both the website and the order confirmation email. I've just called to find out when its likely to get dispatched and been told its not in stock anymore and they're going to chase around the stores and see if they can find one but if not they'll refund the money.

I wonder how long it would have taken them to tell me if I hadn't called...

ThingsThatGoBumpInTheNight Fri 12-Oct-12 13:58:33

I don't even like going to the store. Often you're the only customer, and they hang round you like flies round poop making you feel under pressure and very uncomfortable, but at least you can try things on (another thing i hate about shopping) and see if they suit you.

The store trip is preferable to paying the delivery charge then returns if something you brought you don't like, but they don't seem to carry the full range instore thats in the catalogue <hair tearing>

Am actually wondering if buying from american sites and paying huge amounts of postage would be preferable!

I have found a few things that fit me in TK Maxx and am thinking about trying TopShop as have seen a few of their things, at least they look nice and in fashion, next tall range is still too short for me. sad

LTS used to do a range aimed at 'younger generation' so it was a choice of looking mumsy or goth.. and neither are my kind of look thanks! They did have a few nice things in either range but it annoys me with the prices, so i often don't bother.

ATourchOfInsanity Fri 12-Oct-12 19:06:32

I wonder if this thread will inspire someone to create a cheap but good quality clothing line for us taller ladies? Wallis is for the bigger lady, most shops do petite, so why not us?

I think the reason I like Old Navy is because they are owned by GAP and therefore probably use the same labourors as quality is good they are fashionable as well as having lots of choice. If someone could do that over here (even Primark quality would be better tbh!) then they would make a mint!

ATourchOfInsanity Fri 12-Oct-12 19:10:59

Things I did this as I figured it was the cost of another jumper, but actually I could afford 3 jumpers for the price of 1 LTS one. I'm a size 10 and Medium tops in Old Navy are loose enough to be comfy (would say size 10-12) so I go with that. Haven't tried trousers though so can't comment there.

BTW reason I keep going on about them is because my friend has just dropped over the latest parcel with 2 jumpers and 2 cardigans for me. Am 5ft9 and a bit and the arms come to my thumb joint. Can recommend the cable knit jumpers (or Sweaters as they call them). Am a bit convert, clearly!

YourMam Sat 03-Nov-12 20:01:02

I agree LTS is awful and getting worse. I am 35, 6ft1, size 16 on top, 14 on the bottom. Their dresses are cut for people with no boobs. They should do wrap dresses like those from Boden. I mainly buy from Boden, Whistles, New Look tall range and TopShop tall. The LTS jeans are particularly awful. Saggy round the bum, and cuts from the 70s. I would happily happily spend a fortune there if anything they had was remotely wearable. It is all unbelievably grundy and hideous. The colours and fabrics are awful. I work in a creative job and need to look vaguely with it. I wouldn't be seen dead in their stuff at the moment.
Such a shame as I would happily spend the money if the stuff was nice.

thenightsky Sat 03-Nov-12 20:03:29

I sent back my last order. There wasn't enough room to put all the codes for 'reason for return' so I wrote them all out across a sheet of paper.

And I had to pay to return the bloody package.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now