Please note: This topic is for discussions about sponsored events Mumsnet are recruiting for. It's not the place for promoting other events. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss hosting an event with Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED: Calling all cheese lovers…fancy coming along to a French goat’s cheese masterclass and a tasting session in London on Thurs 24th November?

(57 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 01-Nov-11 14:35:47

We have been asked by French goat's cheese who are running the Easy Cheesey Chèvre campaign, to find 20 Mumsnetters to go along to themed Masterclass hosted by Sophie Wright (French goat's cheese ambassador in the UK). Sophie is one of the youngest and most talented new chefs around and author of cookbook, Home at 7, Dinner at 8 which has been featured regularly in the Evening Standard.

The Masterclass will be taking place on Thursday 24th November at a cooking school in central London. The hands on class will start at 12 and finish around 2.30pm. The venue can be reached easily on public transport (Oxford Circus & Bond Street tube) or public car parking is nearby.

During the tasting event and masterclass, you will get to:

~ Taste a range of French goat's cheese (chèvre in French) from mild to strong, creamy to hard with complimentary drinks
~ Discover some of the 1,001 ways to enjoy chèvre and learn about the different types and regions from which they come and the best ways to enjoy them as a dish ingredient or on a cheese board
~ Create a selection of mouth-watering recipes and learn how versatile and easy to use French goat's cheese is
~ Be part of a group q&a with French goat's cheese expert
~ Sit back and enjoy the dishes at the end in the stylish dining area
~ Leave with inspiring recipe ideas, tips and a bag of cheesy goodies

After the event you'll be asked to add written feedback to a thread on Mumsnet.

Attendance is by invitation only - if you'd like to attend please sign up here and we'll be in touch with full details if you're selected.

Travel expenses of up to £15 will be paid. Sorry no children.

If you are unable to attend please post your question here and we will do our best to ensure it gets asked - responses will be available on the feedback thread.

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

lambethlil Thu 24-Nov-11 18:12:43

It was great!

(I've eaten the cheesecake already blush )

DestinationUnknown Thu 24-Nov-11 20:28:33

Thank you Mumsnet and the cheese people! Had a great time.

Sadly (for me but not my waistline) I had to leave without my muffin or cheesecake - intrigued how the muffins turned out? In particular Fillybuster how were our table's sloppy efforts?!

QuintessentialMercury Thu 24-Nov-11 21:07:05

Thank you. It was very nice.

Brilliant Wine. Brilliant Cheese. Brilliant event.

The muffins stuck to the paper, so they were a bit difficult to eat. ds1 and ds2 were not impressed, I was too full to appreciate them..... grin

Thank you so much for yesterdays fun, the cheese and company was fabulous!

Punkatheart Fri 25-Nov-11 10:35:58

Thank you - lovely fellow Mumsnet women (and one man), beautifully organised and I had to roll home, stuffed with cheese.

Was there going to be a specific thread for us to discuss the day?

Fillybuster Fri 25-Nov-11 11:51:49

DestinationUnknonw - The muffins were handed out, 2 to a box, with no reference to which table created them - so I have no idea who was responsible for the 2 very pretty ones I was given, but they were completely inedible....stuck to the paper on the outside, and claggy/solid/uncooked in the middle.

All 3 dcs loved the cheese I took home (now I regret not taking more!), which surprised me as I had taken the stronger/more obscure samples - so I will be feeding them far more goats cheese in future when i can bear to share it

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 25-Nov-11 12:18:11

Glad you all had a great time and sounds like mucho cheese was scoffed!

We're just sorting the feedback thread and will hopefully have it up and emailed out to you ASAP! Thanks. Ann

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now