If you (still) feel the need to discuss Moldies, please do it here so folks can hide this if they want to.

(2586 Posts)
LittleDonkeyCarrieMaryMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Dec-08 12:47:38

Well hopefully the title says it all. There's been a suggestion, and we agree, that as we did with Baby P and the Mc Canns we just have one thread where anyone who feels they still have anything to add on this subject can post and those who'd rather move on can hide it away.

It feels strange to put this thread in site stuff as we are definitely not wanting to encourage further discussion of Moldies (we have presents to wrap too you know grin) but we weren't sure where else to put it.

We will delete any new Moldies threads that are started, so please feel free to report them in case we miss any (what with wrapping the presents and all...)

And if you do want to carry on the discussion please remember that Mumsnet's here to make everyone's lives easier and not the reverse, and that Christmas is a time of goodwill to all mumsnetters past, present and future
<< turns off rousing music and jumps off soapbox >>

Thanks,
MNHQ

LadyOfWaffle Tue 23-Dec-08 12:50:04

Awww, I liked them everywhere, it was like a big food fight. <<lurk>>

Waves cheerily to all
No hard feelings but seriously am off to sort out Christmas, the sausages need purchasing, hte library books need returning and the ham needs boiling {yum]
Try not to go over 1000 posts whilst I'm out and Christmas love to you all grin, moldies and non molides

IAmTheNewQueenOfMN Tue 23-Dec-08 12:53:51

Glad you have done this carrie
as you already know grinI was getting a bit exasperated by it all

you have a much better way of sorting it grin

TinyTimLivesinVictorianSqualor Tue 23-Dec-08 12:54:08

x-posted with Carrie on the other thread so is about to be deleted I assume but I was saying that there were at least three namechangers on that thread (not unfortunatelyme, I got that one wrong) and I didn't see the point in namechanging just to stir up trouble. Surely that is trolling, non?

I'm here!

goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Tue 23-Dec-08 12:54:57

ooo - you're not going to delete the old 1000+ posts ones are you???

Please don't - it was the first (and probably the last) time I've ever had the "last word" on one of them grin

NotanOtter Tue 23-Dec-08 12:55:42

<feels the mumsnet hq lectures on morality are being directed at wrong group >

GoodWilfToAllMN Tue 23-Dec-08 12:56:51

Good idea. And isn't soapbox getting a bit squashed? grin

What are you doing standing on Soapbox???shock

Wilf grin

Dragonbrandybutter Tue 23-Dec-08 12:58:23

oops. will i get in trouble for posting in the moldie factor thread?
i hadn't seen this.

tiredemma Tue 23-Dec-08 12:59:11

Are they being deleted? why?

They should be locked but not deleted

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Tue 23-Dec-08 12:59:33

Please post r e a l l y s l o w l y so that I don't have to rush to increase the 1000 post limit on this thread.

Thanks.

<wonders who the trolls were>

BrilliantDisguise Tue 23-Dec-08 13:02:47

VS- sorry- I explained my position on the other thread- hope you read it before it was deleted as I don't think I could put it quote as well again....
I am not trolling. That thread was the first time I had commented on moldies.

I'm so glad its been put into one thread, as for some of us, it is the most boring subject and we dont want to have to see loads of threads,

Thank you Carrie.

(You do know I always picture you are Carrie Grant dont you grin)

UnfortunatelyMe Tue 23-Dec-08 13:04:44

Ohh what was said on the other thread? Even with my original name noone would know me.
I just wanted to know if with all the outting whether the moldies would have to have a yellow star new to their namegrin

NorktasticNinja Tue 23-Dec-08 13:05:31

Why not just increase the limit now Tech? Y' know your going to have to do it anyway...

Or maybe it'll just stophmm

morningpaper Tue 23-Dec-08 13:06:55

<squeezes YetMoreTech's knee>

OK I can't post on the other thread but I wanted to say thank you to VV for her post, it was appreciated

NotanOtter Tue 23-Dec-08 13:08:34

unfortunatelyme

yellow star ?- methinks not

much more like that lovely group the MASONS

foxytocin Tue 23-Dec-08 13:09:17

i prefer the idea of locked over deleted.

flowerytaleofNewYork Tue 23-Dec-08 13:11:37

um. What's a moldie when it's at home?

[clueless obviously missing something emoticon]

ilovelovemydog Tue 23-Dec-08 13:13:47

Flowery - some mumsnetters started another forum.

flowerytaleofNewYork Tue 23-Dec-08 13:14:40

oh ok. Thanks smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.